Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Closed

buzzclops
buzzclops
✭✭✭
Closed
Edited by buzzclops on March 28, 2020 9:03PM

Closed 14 votes

Yes, reduce the capacity
35%
Rizz_the_Filthy_DinoXarcTimeDazzlerNevidyrabuzzclops 5 votes
No, I don’t mind the lag
64%
idkLarsStechnohicArcVelarianSanctum74BallcapNoodleESOjadarockJayKwellen 9 votes
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don’t mind the lag
    No, it’s already hard enough to find fights. Let’s stop making excuses for them and get them to fix the game instead of continually making it worse.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, reduce the capacity
    when playing in the smaller campaigns with 1-2 bars of each it doesn’t lag and there are plenty of fights. I just think there is a middle ground for everyone to be happy but right now when it’s full it is just unplayable...
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don’t mind the lag
    Considering all the other things they can do to reduce the lag my answer is no.

Population was never the issue, the constant adding of stress to the servers with poor coding IS.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, reduce the capacity
    When I start in the big campaign early in the morning it doesn’t lag at all then gradually it starts lagging over time. Whatever coding or anything, maybe the population is not the problem but it does seem to reach a certain point where there’s just too much happening.
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don’t mind the lag
    buzzclops wrote: »
    When I start in the big campaign early in the morning it doesn’t lag at all then gradually it starts lagging over time. Whatever coding or anything, maybe the population is not the problem but it does seem to reach a certain point where there’s just too much happening.

So you’re not wrong but I made a post a while ago on how impenetrable armor and armor durability could be potentially adding server stress. It’s little stuff like that causing issues, as population goes up the calculations increase.

Removing the calculations and not the players will improve stability. Example at launch the population was higher much higher but the server were fairly stable.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don’t mind the lag
    Loaded options. I'm not 9k with lag but if you want lower pop, there are battlegrounds...

See how ridiculous that is?
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, reduce the capacity
    They removed the possibility to group up in battlegrounds. I’m happy you brought it up they need to revert that change. But to stay on topic I don’t want low population. I want less lag at the cost of population because I’m tired of waiting for it and it seems like the easiest lazy way to fix this. Then they can work on fixing the rest while we would have 2 decently full campaigns with less lag. How is that not a compromise tho. Because right now at least on console it’s you lag in gray host or just don’t go to cyrodiil at all because everything else is dead. Just my 2 cents
    Edited by buzzclops on March 28, 2020 8:42PM
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your poll is stupid. They could reduce the size to 20 players per faction and the issues would still persist.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don’t mind the lag
    Besides the poll being biased making it useless, the population is not the issue. People ignore the bad part of the poll when replying. No really means the suggested idea is just plain bad.

A little history for OP. The campaigns used to have a much larger population cap that Zos has already reduced several times while performance has gotten worse. Essentially, Zos has added load to the servers that have heavily added to the lag in Cyrodiil. It would make more sense to manage the game in a smart way vs taking lame steps such as reducing the low pop cap even further than it is now. It helps to know the history of the game to provide good suggestions.
    Edited by idk on March 28, 2020 8:44PM
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, reduce the capacity
    I don’t know why you all jump to saltiness so fast but if you have been playing the same game as me you’d be tired of waiting for an actual real improvement. The fact is it just won’t happen. I want to play the mechanics of pvp combat with fluidity “right now” because I’m paying to play this game. If anyone is having fun in this mess at this moment then be my guest and keep playing. As I said there is no other option than lag for cyrodill on the consoles because there is no other campaigns. I understand the second answer sounds biased and for that I apologize
    Edited by buzzclops on March 28, 2020 8:59PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don’t mind the lag
    You new here OP?
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    I don’t know why you all jump to saltiness so fast but if you have been playing the same game as me you’d be tired of waiting for an actual real improvement. The fact is it just won’t happen. I want to play the mechanics of pvp combat with fluidity “right now” because I’m paying to play this game. If anyone is having fun in this mess at this moment then be my guest and keep playing. As I said there is no other option than lag for cyrodill on the consoles because there is no other campaigns. I understand the second answer sounds biased and for that I apologize

What makes you think that lowering the population would help in any way when it has never worked in the past? We're all sick of the terrible performance, but this isn't the solution.
    Edited by oXI_Viper_IXo on March 28, 2020 9:03PM
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don’t mind the lag
    The problem isn't much the game per say, it's the incredibly outdated server architecture that it runs on. Back in mid 2014 they shifted a lot of resources from clientside to the servers in order to inhibit the rampant and blatant cheating in PvP, but that also had the unintended side effort of significantly hampering the performance of the servers. It's completely inexcusable that a "AAA" MMO has failed to address the Server issues for over five years. One of the original selling points of the game was the MASSIVE PvP battles in Cyrodiil and campaigns of up to around 1000 players, and now we can barely have three full groups of players clash over a single keep without everyone lagging out and crashing willy nilly.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.