Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade execution math ranting (and a buf proposal)

Heyzert
Heyzert
Soul Shriven
Hello,

I just made some analysis on Executioner vs Killer's Blade skills. Before going on I prefer to say I mainly PvP.

Lets suppose that the Stamblade uses Surprise Attack as a spamable (Very common)
Executioner becomes better to use than Surprise Attack when the enemy is under 38% life
Killer's Blade becomes better to use than Surprise Attack when the enemy is under 25% life
Killer's Blade is better than Executioner on the 25% - 15% life enemy range, under this Executioner becomes better again

To sum up the best abilities depending on the enemy remaining life are as such:
0% / Executioner / 15% / Killer's Blade / 25% / Executioner / 38% / Surprise Attack / 100%

Lets suppose you hit an enemy at 26% life, in that situation Executioner does 300% more damage than Killer's Blade
Lets suppose you hit an enemy at 24% life, in that situation Executioner does 20% less damage than Killer's Blade
So you better not miss the 25% remaining life if you are using Killer's Blade...

Given this I don't know who in their right mind would use Killer's Blade over Executioner in PvP for 2H Stamblades (meaning the majority of them)
In my opinion this affect the class Identity of the Stamblades as Assassins (The skill line name....).

Given that, in the current situation the Stamblades have a lower DPS in Both PvE and PvP compared to other classes. I believe a buf to Killer's Blade would not be a bad Idea because:
- It would bring the Stamblades at a better level for PvE
- For PvP they will become better at executing their enemies compared to the over classes therefore helping regarding their class identity, but the other classes can still use Executioner which will stay a very good execute skill.

I hardly believe this will made the Stamblades as overpowered in PvP, but it can help bringing them to a better position than one of the worst classes right now

What to you think ?

• GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every stamblade as any other stam class use Executioner as execute because of how strong it is, don't think making a stronger version of it is a good idea for the health of game which is already poor.
    With the incap strike change I would say nightblade is not in a bad spot.

In no-cp and Bgs i see numbers like 4-5k surprise attack, 8-13k assassin's skills, 7-10k incap strike and 7-13k executioners.

Yeah there isn't much class identity, but so what a stam sorc should say? It has nothing but streak or ball of lightning which can use like 2 times at max, let's see how many times a stamblade can spam or shades instead.

Around i see pretty good stamblades and in bgs they even run zaan, i know it's cheesy but it works to big pressure targets, i dunno why when my enemy use it, it procs after 1 second they light attack me and when i use it even weaving it procs once per minute but okay.
  • Heyzert
    Heyzert
    Soul Shriven
    It is not because stam sorc has an almost non existent class identity that we should do the same for other classes.

In my opinion class skills should be slightly better than weapon/armor/world skills when they are very similar in order to give more identity to classes. What is the point of choosing a class if we use primarily weapon skills ? :/
    Weapon skills should be an additional toolkit to compensate a weakness in a class (healing using rally for stamblades for example, not as good as templar's healing but still appreciable, it should stay that way).

My point was not about stamblades lack of damage, it is about class identity. I feel like most stamblade skills can be replaced by a even or better counterpart accessible to everyone. I mean look at:
    - ambush, buggy and unusable, people prefer to use critical rush
    - blur, lol who uses this ? it is a copy paste of the medium armor skill
    - killer's blade, for the reasons explained before
    - mass hysteria, figher's guild hability does more than it
    - incap strike before the stun was back, most people were using onslaught (good thing they changed it for class identity reasons)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. It is not only nb execute skill...
    Right now, I don't use any nb skills on my nb lol. That is how awesom those are... Slowly, I was switching to better options...
    Ambush -> Critical Rush
    Killer's Blade -> Executioner
    Mass Hysteria -> Turn Evil
    Incapacitating Strike -> Dawnbreaker of Smiting
    Soul Tether -> Shooting Star
    Sap Esence -> Brawler
    Phantasmal Escape -> Race Against Time

As for Cloak, that thing is soo bugged that I simply stopped using it. I carry some invisiblity potions, just in case...

Note: The build is slighlty different, but overall my nb kinda works better now LOL...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh. It is not only nb execute skill...
    Right now, I don't use any nb skills on my nb lol. That is how awesom those are... Slowly, I was switching to better options...
    Ambush -> Critical Rush
    Killer's Blade -> Executioner
    Mass Hysteria -> Turn Evil
    Incapacitating Strike -> Dawnbreaker of Smiting
    Soul Tether -> Shooting Star
    Sap Esence -> Brawler
    Phantasmal Escape -> Race Against Time

As for Cloak, that thing is soo bugged that I simply stopped using it. I carry some invisiblity potions, just in case...

Note: The build is slighlty different, but overall my nb kinda works better now LOL...

Magblade is the same. The only reason you need class abilities is to unlock the passives. There are a couple abilities that have niche value plus cloak.

Worst part is they just went through abilities and balanced them, which means either they completely messed up or it’s intentional.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    Buffing killer’s blade is an excellent idea. Right now stamblade dps in all but the most experienced hands is severely lacking in PVE. I think a buff would help stamblades viability in PVE (especially if kvatch changes go live), and provide melee stamblades an alternative to executioner for pvp.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if they made it a guaranteed chance for defile, or defile when you crit? This would give you an execute that also limited the enemy's ability to heal back from low health, and wouldn't impact PvE (though it might need a buff there, too)

The heal-on-kill doesn't seem that helpful. Maybe if it just healed for a portion of the damage done each hit?

On magblade, the skill has the unique benefit of being a ranged execute, which is useful in PvP as well as PvE. Comparatively, Killer's Blade doesn't stand out as much from other stamina executes
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • price101610
    price101610
    ✭✭✭
    What if they made it a guaranteed chance for defile, or defile when you crit? This would give you an execute that also limited the enemy's ability to heal back from low health, and wouldn't impact PvE (though it might need a buff there, too)

The heal-on-kill doesn't seem that helpful. Maybe if it just healed for a portion of the damage done each hit?

On magblade, the skill has the unique benefit of being a ranged execute, which is useful in PvP as well as PvE. Comparatively, Killer's Blade doesn't stand out as much from other stamina executes

True, magblade execute is doing just fine, it’s the Stam morph that needs some love. When I can gear out my stamblade with golded out rele and ay and only hit 40k crits at most on 3mil, while magblade has 70k+ impale, I think there is too much of a disparity there
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

True, magblade execute is doing just fine, it’s the Stam morph that needs some love. When I can gear out my stamblade with golded out rele and ay and only hit 40k crits at most on 3mil, while magblade has 70k+ impale, I think there is too much of a disparity there

Yea. In pve impale is great, in pvp I still use it but it’s only so so. Being a ranged execute is awesome, but the health condition of sub 25% health makes it hard to land since there’s a delay on it hitting and health values jump around so much. I mainly use it for runners and Sorcs because most sorcs will hit a shield before their heal.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten