The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elsweyr furnishings - what's up with the terrible low-res blurry stuff?

• Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapestry and Rugs are also blurred and look not at all as the same we can see in the new area. They are just a pale copy
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These too are absolutely awful for example, the Sarcophagus Lid and Bookshelf Ancient Stone, the orange Runner, Autumn Vines is another one that comes to mind.

@ZOS_SarahHecker please they should give a look at them all, not only the few ones displayed here. I guess they'll do that, just saying in case.

Bookshelf Ancient Stone

qbxlculg7me5.jpg

Sarcophagus Lid

ytc7rrd8npap.jpg

twa7d4r5evtc.jpg

the floor too isn't good, in smaller places is very noticeable is pretty bad

and there are other, they should really look at them all.

Edited by RANKK7 on June 22, 2019 3:56PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to confirm that this isn't intended and that these textures will be updated in a future update. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

@ZOS_SarahHecker the texture of the Elsweyr Fabric, Display item has been reduced again in a recent patch:

wff1f24gv2q5.png
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to confirm that this isn't intended and that these textures will be updated in a future update. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

@ZOS_SarahHecker the texture of the Elsweyr Fabric, Display item has been reduced again in a recent patch:

wff1f24gv2q5.png

God, that is awful.

Also, 9 months later and the bookcases still look like this:

gdR8U0I.png
  • Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭
    They rarely address it correctly nor properly unless it is the bl;blanket ' We will address it down the line in a future patch'. There really is no reason for such poor textures aside from it being rushed.

*waits for the to be snipped as well*
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem stems from the same texture being used for multiple surfaces regardless of size or scale, which leads to many objects looking fairly potato. While not a perfect solution, they could make a drastic improvement in this regard by resampling the textures for a higher resolution. While obviously not as good as having native higher resolution textures, it would be miles better than the half-assed crap we have now.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, ZOS, do something to improve the appearance of the textures because if the players do not take pleasure in housing, they will no longer buy houses, furniture or anything!
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever see the breton banner, khajiit tables and the redguard cabinet with the glass doors. Those are horrible.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to compare and contrast a group of items from a friend's house.

As you can clearly (or unclearly!) see, the Redguard textures are far higher res than the Elsweyr ones:

rMe4vNC.png

Which is a shame, as a lot of the Elsweyr items have really pretty designs (like the swans, here) and it would be such a shame if they, largely, just disappeared from the game and got replaced by future (more boring) stuff, based on texture quality alone.

I can only assume the original samples were taken in too low res, for some reason?

Surely, textures should be getting better, if anything, as time goes on?

Not worse.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_CullenLee could we please have this on your radar? Something is horribly wrong with some Elsweyr furnishing textures.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    What I find very suspicious is, that ESO never uses more than 2GB GPU memory. How could that be with all that textures??
    I hope this not a limitation from 32-bit client days.

Am I the only one?
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is basically the stuff they hope no one notices because they have no intention of doing anything about it. It's not even just elsweyr stuff that renders like this.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    9 months later and the bookcases still look like this:

gdR8U0I.png

Any updates on this?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.