Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant crashes/unable to launch game

React
React
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As of earlier this week, I began crashing constantly and am now unable to launch the game at all. I'm receiving "fatal error" and "client error" crash report messages when trying to launch, and sometimes "physics error" or "pending data load errors" from my graphics card. I'm using an MSI ge63 Raider RGB 8RE laptop, with 32gb of ram, a nvidia gtx 1060, intel core i7 8th gen.

I've already attempted all available troubleshooting steps. Running the game repair function in the launcher, re installing the game entirely, updating my nvidia drivers, fully uninstalling and reinstalling my nvidia drivers, etc. I play with 0 add ons whatsoever.

Could someone attempt to assist me?
@ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
Content
Twitch.tv/reactfaster
Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Esutick
    Esutick
    ✭✭
    tujml66vwisr.png

you mean this?
    I could use help with this too, been having this for a little over a week and did all the same.
    It's a russian roulette atm if I can play or not.
  • binho
    binho
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Think I've had every single error code imaginable... and in the unlikely event of actually managing to log in, character doesn't move and skills don't fire.
    Think I'm gonna have to wait for "better days" or for a miracle yo happen at this stage:/
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'm able to run the game now, but I seem to always crash anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes after starting the client.

Some help would be appreciated! I'd be happy to provide a game consultant report to a zos employee, if it might help shed some light on what might be causing my crashes.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Liam12548

Could you post screenshots of the different error messages coming up when ESO crashes?

Linking to your game consultant in this thread would also be helpful in troubleshooting these crashes.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first image here is the crash on launch. The second image is the crash that I've been experiencing more frequently, which happens between 5-15 minutes after launching while doing any activity. I'll send you a private message with the game consultant report attached right now. @ZOS_BillE

sfvus9pydgju.png

14bgi4a0n2yt.png

Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Liam12548

Thank you for providing the screenshots of the error messages. I've also gotten the private message with your game consultant. One reason for the crashes could be that your system has both a Nvidia card and an Intel mobile GPU. Please try the troubleshooting I've sent with setting games to always use the Nvidia GPU.
    Staff Post
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I went ahead and tried everything in the troubleshooting thread you sent me with no luck. I was already utilizing the nvidia GPU with all of the settings the troubleshooting thread mentions, apart from the hyper threading setting.

Still crashing within minutes. I've noticed that while I am signed in before I crash, textures will appear to flicker and show green outlines randomly.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • tyran404_ESO
    tyran404_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am crashing constantly while in game now too. It started after this last patch for me and it is making it so the game is unplayable. =/
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Rain_Lin
    Rain_Lin
    Soul Shriven
    Hi!
    Have the same problem. Cant launch the game using the launcher. It crashes after pressing play or during loading after entering password. I tried to launch the game using eso64.exe (without launcher) so sometime Im able to play for 20-30 minutes but then still have crash (sometimes bsod, sometimes without any error messages))
    I submitted ticket but support only suggested me to reinstall the game. I reinstalled everything: windows, drivers, game
    Still the same problem.
    Edited by Rain_Lin on April 3, 2020 2:39PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Liam12548

Thank you for the update. Another thing I noticed in your game consultant is the DPI set to 120%. Check your DPI settings on your laptop. Instructions on managing issues with high-DPI displays can be found here. You'll want to set DPI back to 100.
    Staff Post