The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Gear and skill system similar to outfit system

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
So with the current transmog system, all you have to do is pick a configured outfit and you completely change your look. But how about a similar system for gear setups and skill bars? Imagine the amount of time one would save if you could just click on a pre determined set of gear in you bank or inventory and then click on a predetermined skill bar for a specific scenario? Example you have a gear set up for trials and skill set up for trials that you decide to click on because you have a gear and skill set up for PVP. Makes sense right?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a new idea ... but still a good idea, @rexagamemnon.

There are add-ons on PC already for this such as Dressing Room.

But that doesn't help the console players.

So a "gear swap" feature built into the game would appease a lot of player requests for it.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna piggyback this and bring up another point: Enchant Transmog.

I love the outfit thing but I'm kinda miffed at not being able to choose what kind of neat enchant my weapon gives off since the game kinda forces you to either use Fire or Shock if Magicka DPS or Poison only if Stamina.

I'd love for some illusion of choice via enchant effect transmog here lol
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with the current transmog system, all you have to do is pick a configured outfit and you completely change your look. But how about a similar system for gear setups and skill bars? Imagine the amount of time one would save if you could just click on a pre determined set of gear in you bank or inventory and then click on a predetermined skill bar for a specific scenario? Example you have a gear set up for trials and skill set up for trials that you decide to click on because you have a gear and skill set up for PVP. Makes sense right?

I understand PC already has access to add ons which do exactly this.

Console however, does not and we could really really benefit from being able to quickly and efficiently change set up.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All for this.