The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is Adequate DPS for vet sunspire

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
So i run a Mag DK for my dps dungeon character, i use silks of sun, burning spellweeve and grothdar. Im not very good with weaving and actions per minute, but i am able to put out 24.3k dps. Curious to know what the community thinks about this and vet sunspire as i have never done vet sunspire. Really want the perfected false god set.
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    70k minimum. The lowest I’ve seen was 60k. More importantly is knowing the mechanics. Where to stack, elements of mechs not present in normal. Double stacks on flame dragon, ice prisons on Lokkestiiz, portals and statues on final.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    akdave0 wrote: »
    70k minimum. The lowest I’ve seen was 60k. More importantly is knowing the mechanics. Where to stack, elements of mechs not present in normal. Double stacks on flame dragon, ice prisons on Lokkestiiz, portals and statues on final.

60-70k are raidbuffed -.- Big difference

You can do it with 20-50k buffed raiddmg too, if you play the mechanics.

@rexagamemnon Have you testet your dps on the red raiddummy or on the 3 million/6 million dummy? You can get the imperfect False of God too, just loose the additional 1k magicka statbonus (its the only difference between the two versions). Its farmable on normal and easier to get.
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on March 25, 2020 4:15PM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akdave0 wrote: »

lol you do not need 70k dps to clear vSS. if you can hit like 60k on the target atro you're probably fine, regular vet SS is very easy.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Without hardmodes vSS does not have a high DPS requirement, however, it has a heavy focus on timed add spawns, so higher damage is very beneficial and good add focus becomes really important if you don't have that. But I would guess a group that hits 50k on the raid dummy each could still do it reliably with enough practice and discipline.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not attempt vSS with 24k DPS. You will get too many Iron Atronachs on Yolnahkriin, which will overwhelm your off tank. Even the non-HM Eternal Servant on Naviintaas will be a problem with that DPS. Try to get up to around 35-40k on the 6mil or 50-60k on the 21mil dummy.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 25, 2020 4:53PM
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Without hardmodes vSS does not have a high DPS requirement, however, it has a heavy focus on timed add spawns, so higher damage is very beneficial and good add focus becomes really important if you don't have that. But I would guess a group that hits 50k on the raid dummy each could still do it reliably with enough practice and discipline.

Definitly agree!

I've run this on lower dmg groups, and without HM this is absolutly possible to make it through. Even Fireboss HM could possibly be played with this dps, if your playing the mechanics correctly.
    Love my Stamsorc
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Schattenfluegel ya but i low key ocd, and that lack of magika buff would eat away at my soul 😂
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Usually what would get a low DPS group like that would be portals as it takes at least some skill to not die down there, and if they fail, you fail. Fire boss is hard too, but doable if tanks are super duper solid
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure you can do vet trials with a low dps group. But it boils down to this. The longer they are alive, the chance for group survival goes down. It’s that simple. You can argue all day and it doesn’t change the facts.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    24.3K is only just enough for normal trials.

Now there is the Trials dummy (iron atronach) I don't even know what these numbers mean.

What are the conditions for the 70K?

I have been hitting 30K, 3 mill solo, ele drain but normal food. to try to do the Craglorn Vet trials.

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

Now there is the Trials dummy (iron atronach) I don't even know what these numbers mean.

I have been hitting 30K, 3 mill solo, ele drain but normal food. to try to do the Craglorn Vet trials.

When people say 70k they mean on the Iron Atro dummy, and usually with Ghastly Eyebowl or Lava Foot food. I haven’t seen anyone hit 70k on a 3 mil or 6 mil.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends. If every other dps is pulling 70k+ on the iron atro, it's probably not as bad. It's way easier to burst the 3 mil in execute with bloodthirsty, which doesn't transfer over to an actual, prolonged fight. Otherwise, it's really unfair to the off tank on fire boss to make them have more than 2 iron atro adds MAX. It's rough to force the support roles to hard carry entire groups through fights. Everyone ideally should be able to pull their own weight in vet trials to some degree. In general, you're one cog in a machine of 12.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So i run a Mag DK for my dps dungeon character, i use silks of sun, burning spellweeve and grothdar. Im not very good with weaving and actions per minute, but i am able to put out 24.3k dps. Curious to know what the community thinks about this and vet sunspire as i have never done vet sunspire. Really want the perfected false god set.

Do you play on PC? If so, I would recommend using the add-on Action Duration Reminder. Its a good way to track your skills, getting 30k dps self-buffed shouldnt be too hard with your setup if you have a good up-time on your dots without overcasting them. Weaving takes some practice which becomes easier once you get more familiar with your rotation.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

Target, Iron Atronach is the parsing dummy standard now. 21million health with full buffs and shards provided. And run parse food.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    total mess about dps. 3kk dummy, trial dummy. All big difference.

Pls, state your DPS againts specific dummy.