The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Craft Writs

VenuvianRaider
Do I have to kill someone to get a Master Craft Writ that I can complete to drop? Ridiculous drop rate with too many impossible factors.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the Motifs?

There are like 78 of them now, so the chances are good you won't know the motif unless you have been collecting motifs.

My advice, read the motif before you accept it. If you can't acquire the motif with reasonable cost or effort, sell it on a guild store, and buy a writ with a motif you know.

We are soon going into two events that typically drop a ton of motifs. Grind the events that drop the containers and troll the guild stores during the latter half of the events, motifs get cheap then.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor is right.

The Anniversary Event drops a ton of motifs ... for players that have a high tolerance for grinding the event quests.
  • VenuvianRaider
    Nestor wrote: »
    Its the Motifs?

There are like 78 of them now, so the chances are good you won't know the motif unless you have been collecting motifs.

My advice, read the motif before you accept it. If you can't acquire the motif with reasonable cost or effort, sell it on a guild store, and buy a writ with a motif you know.

We are soon going into two events that typically drop a ton of motifs. Grind the events that drop the containers and troll the guild stores during the latter half of the events, motifs get cheap then.

Thanks. I’ll try that. Have four I need motifs for. Just about have most traits done except Nirnhoned, and each of those going to take a month or so each. Been trying to find Draugr Chest motif with no luck anywhere, even drops from Undaunted quests.

Signed...Frustrated!

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The undaunted daily delves are probably the best source for the Draugr motif pages, but FG and MG dailies also use the same list. One delve versus three dolmens, or a public dungeon makes me prefer Bolgrul.

And the RNG knows what you need, so if you buy that page, it will start to drop every time.

/conspiravytheory