The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how to be a better magblade

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
make a magscorc and crouch ......
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not saying magsorc should be nerfed or anything atm they are on par with jab spamming blocking templars and cricket dk
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Put a sorc build on a magblade and the magblade performs 10x times better, sorc has *** sustain compared to magblade and worse mobility if you are a good player. Magblade also has more pressure and alot more options to healing than a magsorc. Magsorcs only offensive heal is crit surge while magblade has swallow soul which heals for a while after the attack and siphoning strikes on every light attack that heals. Meanwhile sorc only has crit surge which heals when you deal critical damage. True, magblades dont have a burst heal which is why the most important part is to keep your shade up 100% of the time and not fight next to it so that if you get bursted down you can teleport to it and heal up with all your hots.

Ive played magblade for a while and i can easily kill sorcerers because i have too much pressure and they run out of sustain from spamming shields. If im up against 2 sorcerers i will start to have a problem but i can kite and burst down a sorcerer that forgets to put his shields up. Shade is way better than streak if you know how to use it. I dont even use cloak and i can juke 7 players chasing me with my shade, sorcerers cant do that if there is 1 guy spamming shield charge or toppling charge. They will get stunned after they streak and have to heal/shield and the zerg catches up to them.

So stop making these *** nerf posts if you dont know how to play magblade, sorcerers are in a worse spot than you think but i guess you get bursted down because you dont know how 1 roll dodge destroys their entire burst or that they cant burst you from 100-0 if you dont play on a glass cannon build, however if you dont keep your heals up and drop below 70 or 60% health you will get bursted down if you dont avoid it and thats your fault [Snip].

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 19, 2020 1:32PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Daffen wrote: »
    Put a sorc build on a magblade and the magblade performs 10x times better, sorc has *** sustain compared to magblade and worse mobility if you are a good player. Magblade also has more pressure and alot more options to healing than a magsorc. Magsorcs only offensive heal is crit surge while magblade has swallow soul which heals for a while after the attack and siphoning strikes on every light attack that heals. Meanwhile sorc only has crit surge which heals when you deal critical damage. True, magblades dont have a burst heal which is why the most important part is to keep your shade up 100% of the time and not fight next to it so that if you get bursted down you can teleport to it and heal up with all your hots.

Ive played magblade for a while and i can easily kill sorcerers because i have too much pressure and they run out of sustain from spamming shields. If im up against 2 sorcerers i will start to have a problem but i can kite and burst down a sorcerer that forgets to put his shields up. Shade is way better than streak if you know how to use it. I dont even use cloak and i can juke 7 players chasing me with my shade, sorcerers cant do that if there is 1 guy spamming shield charge or toppling charge. They will get stunned after they streak and have to heal/shield and the zerg catches up to them.

So stop making these *** nerf posts if you dont know how to play magblade, sorcerers are in a worse spot than you think but i guess you get bursted down because you dont know how 1 roll dodge destroys their entire burst or that they cant burst you from 100-0 if you dont play on a glass cannon build, however if you dont keep your heals up and drop below 70 or 60% health you will get bursted down if you dont avoid it and thats your fault [Snip].
    [Edited for bait]

Pot calling the kettle black here. Basicly everything you’ve said about magsorc is wrong, you don’t even need shields as a magsorc. [Snip]

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on March 19, 2020 1:33PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So stop making these *** nerf posts if you dont know how to play magblade, sorcerers are in a worse spot than you think but i guess you get bursted down because you dont know how 1 roll dodge destroys their entire burst or that they cant burst you from 100-0 if you dont play on a glass cannon build, however if you dont keep your heals up and drop below 70 or 60% health you will get bursted down if you dont avoid it and thats your fault and you need to l2p.

:trollface:
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭

[Edited for bait]

Magblade has more pressure than magsorc was the moment I stopped reading 😂
    Don’t wanna know against what kind of players you are playing that they feel pressured by magblade lol

Magblade has an okay burst but outside of that there is no pressure sry
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol NB has more healing options than sorc. Lmao! Just 1 of those options I guess just isnt the best heal in the game right now, and don't count the resource tool that heals.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorc has ... worse mobility [compared to magblade]

Good one!

Edited by MurderMostFoul on March 19, 2020 2:22PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    And use invisibility potions.

Same for Stamblade. Roll stamplar, stamwarden, stamnecro or stamsorc and crouch & use invisibility pots lol.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lole wrote: »

[Edited for bait]

Don’t wanna know against what kind of players you are playing that they feel pressured by magblade lol

Perhaps you havent played against a proper magblade build, on my build i have 10k tooltip on my swallow soul with 12k penetration (with major breach) 50% crit chance that usually deals 5k damage to my friend that plays magsorc, combine that with light attack weave and infused shock glyph and you take alot of damage. With 5 stacks of merciless resolve i get 80% mitigation on my frontbar. Im healing for 40% of my damage dealt with swallow soul which is not halved because it doesnt dip in 50% less healing recieved but only 50% reduced damage. So swallow soul heals me for around 2k every second that i spam it. Siphoning attacks has 1.6k heal tooltip so it heals me for around 800 every light attack. And resilient passive that procs on average every second for around 180-250. That means i get healed around 3.1k every second that i am attacking my friend.

My friend is using 2 shields with 7k and 8k tooltip meaning 1 swallow soul and light attack removes one of his sheilds immediately which means he cant keep the pressure on me because i deal so much damage. Now this is without soul harvest which increases my damage by 20% and reduces their healing with 36% (points in befoul) and my assassins will proc which has 22k tooltip. Now the 3k heal every second happens basically every second we fight even when im on my defensive which means when i use dark cloak and rapid regen i reach 6k heal every second (20k over 5 seconds from rapid equal 2k every second, dark cloak 1.8k which is 900 every second). Now im also using troll king, 1k health recovery without the proc and 3k with the proc which is 3k health every 2 seconds (please correct me if its 1.5k every 2 seconds because im not sure). Now tell me, how are you supposed to kill someone with 6-7k healing a second when they have 80% mitigation and spamming an attack that crits 4-5k and assassins will that hit 10-14k crit, around 6-9k non crit in pvp. Of course burst is possible but sorc burst is easily predictable and even if they stun me with streak i heal from my dark cloak that i try keep 100% uptime on and my swallow soul. It is also possible to break free and roll dodge before they cant hit you with crystal fragments after they streak you.

Of course magblades are best in duels but we are both using our overworld setups and i was not using my shade to make it fair without him having minor maim 100% of the time.

If you think my friend is not playing sorc good enough here is him killing malcolm on his magsorc when they were dueling a couple times in cyro.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailKindLeopardKreygasm
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Edited for bait]

VnQ2CNW.gif
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[Edited for bait]

Perhaps you havent played against a proper magblade build, on my build i have 10k tooltip on my swallow soul with 12k penetration (with major breach) 50% crit chance that usually deals 5k damage to my friend that plays magsorc, combine that with light attack weave and infused shock glyph and you take alot of damage. With 5 stacks of merciless resolve i get 80% mitigation on my frontbar. Im healing for 40% of my damage dealt with swallow soul which is not halved because it doesnt dip in 50% less healing recieved but only 50% reduced damage. So swallow soul heals me for around 2k every second that i spam it. Siphoning attacks has 1.6k heal tooltip so it heals me for around 800 every light attack. And resilient passive that procs on average every second for around 180-250. That means i get healed around 3.1k every second that i am attacking my friend.

My friend is using 2 shields with 7k and 8k tooltip meaning 1 swallow soul and light attack removes one of his sheilds immediately which means he cant keep the pressure on me because i deal so much damage. Now this is without soul harvest which increases my damage by 20% and reduces their healing with 36% (points in befoul) and my assassins will proc which has 22k tooltip. Now the 3k heal every second happens basically every second we fight even when im on my defensive which means when i use dark cloak and rapid regen i reach 6k heal every second (20k over 5 seconds from rapid equal 2k every second, dark cloak 1.8k which is 900 every second). Now im also using troll king, 1k health recovery without the proc and 3k with the proc which is 3k health every 2 seconds (please correct me if its 1.5k every 2 seconds because im not sure). Now tell me, how are you supposed to kill someone with 6-7k healing a second when they have 80% mitigation and spamming an attack that crits 4-5k and assassins will that hit 10-14k crit, around 6-9k non crit in pvp. Of course burst is possible but sorc burst is easily predictable and even if they stun me with streak i heal from my dark cloak that i try keep 100% uptime on and my swallow soul. It is also possible to break free and roll dodge before they cant hit you with crystal fragments after they streak you.

Of course magblades are best in duels but we are both using our overworld setups and i was not using my shade to make it fair without him having minor maim 100% of the time.

If you think my friend is not playing sorc good enough here is him killing malcolm on his magsorc when they were dueling a couple times in cyro.

Plug your build into uesp and link it.....
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

[Edited for bait]

... and there the conversation ends.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »

[Edited for bait]

... and there the conversation ends.

Are we surprised ? XD
    I didn’t even wanna respond to his wall of text
    Edited by Lole on March 22, 2020 8:45AM
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heres my build for all you non-believers.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=218116

I have a better build that has same amount of healing and more damage and a bit more tanky that i wont give out. I have almost 80% mitigation when i have 5 stacks of merciless resolve up. Compare the numbers to my reply and it checks out, im not lying, im telling the truth. Major sorcery from spell pots.

Now go copy my build zerglings.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Necropotence
    Spinner's
    Troll King

You say that as if literally every magblade that's slotted Shade hasn't already tried this combo.

Edited by Langeston on March 22, 2020 2:51PM
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly is to copy there ? It’s the *** 0815 magbuild lol

I thought there comes something special but all you did was copy pasta an existing build :(
    Edited by Lole on March 22, 2020 11:33AM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a better build that has same amount of healing and more damage and a bit more tanky that i wont give out. I have almost 80% mitigation when i have 5 stacks of merciless resolve up. Compare the numbers to my reply and it checks out, im not lying, im telling the truth. Major sorcery from spell pots.

as i said u make a video of u playing high mmr match or nothing is proven. that build is nothing special
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is to copy there ? It’s the *** 0815 magbuild lol

I thought there comes something special but all you did was copy pasta an existing build :(

like u would have expected something genius after acting like hes the wisest pvp master out there
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Where are you getting minor vulnerability and major breach from? What are you using to proc the weapon damage enchant?

Might as well just click the raid buff in your build, it’s just as realistic.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Where are you getting minor vulnerability and major breach from? What are you using to proc the weapon damage enchant?

Might as well just click the raid buff in your build, it’s just as realistic.

Well he does have Elemental Drain slotted for the Breach, but you're right about the vulnerability. At first glance I assumed he was counting on proccing it from a shock enchantment (which is a bit of a stretch in and of itself) but he's using absorb magicka so I don't know what he's thinking.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im using shock enchant but i think it changes when you open the build editor cause i was sure i had a shock glyph on when saving the build, infused shock glyph gives high uptime on minor vulnerability. Spell damage enchant on backbar.
    Edited by Daffen on March 22, 2020 7:56PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im using shock enchant but i think it changes when you open the build editor cause i was sure i had a shock glyph on when saving the build, infused shock glyph gives high uptime on minor vulnerability. Spell damage enchant on backbar.

Ah okay. It looks like a good dueling build and would work solo cyrodiil as well, the reason why you’re getting this reaction is it’s the BG forums.

In BGs that build wouldn’t do well for a bunch of reasons:
    1. Trying to overwhelm one person with pressure is not a good BG tactic
    2. Lack of burst, swallow soul spamming will not kill anyone, even with a stun
    3. Lack of escape tool. Shade requires positioning it and teleporting back to it, unless your whole group is using shade and teleports to the same spot too.

Magblades have always been good at dueling and group play, it’s small group and BGs where it’s weak
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

this couldn't be more right
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Edited for bait]

Magsorc is extremely better in BGs right now for the sole fact of endless fury. That being said, a good magblade in the right hands is just as valuable with group support like major expedition, mass hysteria, defile, etc. any class in good hands is dangerous. He’s right though, I can hop on my magsorc and do the same, if not better damage and usually around the same healing and way more kills with half the effort I have to put on to do it on my magblade.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on March 27, 2020 1:31PM
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You really just posted Necro spinner trollking build like you’re reinventing the wheel? Lol let me ask you a question, have you ever played a magsorc personally? I have said this for about 2 years now, I can hop on my magsorc, do everything my magblade can (aside from some group support buffs and defile) with about half the effort. I have also always said that mnb has had one of the highest skill gaps in the game and in the right hands has always been extremely dangerous. You’re missing the entire point of this post and it’s that in BGs magsorc > mnb. You don’t see many mnb in BGs performing successfully and reliably simply because the class is harder to play, and I’ll argue that with you all day because I’ve played both at high MMR. If we’re talking duels, sure mnb should always beat a magsorc, that’s a no brainer.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You really just posted Necro spinner trollking build like you’re reinventing the wheel? Lol let me ask you a question, have you ever played a magsorc personally? I have said this for about 2 years now, I can hop on my magsorc, do everything my magblade can (aside from some group support buffs and defile) with about half the effort. I have also always said that mnb has had one of the highest skill gaps in the game and in the right hands has always been extremely dangerous. You’re missing the entire point of this post and it’s that in BGs magsorc > mnb. You don’t see many mnb in BGs performing successfully and reliably simply because the class is harder to play, and I’ll argue that with you all day because I’ve played both at high MMR. If we’re talking duels, sure mnb should always beat a magsorc, that’s a no brainer.

I think he posted talking about duels and then realized it’s the BG forums.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair