The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[EU] Evening lag spikes and sudden disconnects to the main screen and unable to log back in.

esterwind
esterwind
✭✭
Hello,
Can anyone please shed some light on this matter?
Up until recently i've only had disconnects every once in a while which was nothing that was disturbing that much. However, in the past week, every evening starting from 5-6 PM CET me and a friend of mine have been having constant lag spikes (from 75 ms up to 8000 ms) and usually those lag spikes ended up with a disconnect eventually.
The problem is that after being disconnected, if lucky enough, we would get to the character selection screen and upon trying to enter the world, we would be booted to the main screen of the game, logged out and with 2 types of errors.
One of the errors is an unexpected error stating that something went wrong and that I have to log in again in a few minutes. (Tried following the steps to no avail)
The other error states that the game has not detected any internet connection from my PC and that i need to check my internet connection. (Here I would like to mention that I have a very stable gigabit internet connection, the router is brand new and while having all this issues with ESO, everything else is working fine both on my PC and on my other connected devices and console, without any speed drops or anything like that.)
Also all my bandwidth tests have resulted in about 930 Mbps download speed and about 500 Mbps upload speed with 2 ms ping time.

Is this something that is occurring to a larger majority of players or is this something that is caused maybe by some addons?

This is getting very frustrating as it is happening regularly now and I can't even do trivial stuff such as daily quests, let alone dungeons, trials or PVP.

Any input is appreciated,
Thanks!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The server is simply overloaded. Yesterday it took me 3 hours to finish pledges since I got disconnected from each twice and lost the group. Today I got booted twice in a row from Direfrost Keep, right before the final boss. I don't want to try again, since the game is simply unplayable and I won't waste another 15 minutes logging in, queuing land losing the group right before the end boss again. But hey, why fix stability and performance when you can toss around unnecessary gameplay changes, buff X one patch then nerf it the next, and put some more re-skinned mounts or pets in crown store?
    Edited by Asardes on March 24, 2020 8:02PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • esterwind
    esterwind
    ✭✭
    I thought of the servers being overwhelmed with all these people now being stranded in their homes, however i find it very odd that whenever asking my guild mates if they had this problem, none of them had it. How come it is that selective... If it would've been a problem of servers being overloaded I would've thought everybody would be affected, not just some of the players.
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭
    Have same issues, and we are not the only affected. There is another thread regarding this here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/515256/awful-ping-lag-spikes#latest
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely solved. I disabled my antivirus and logged 2 hours later. Ping was OK.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • esterwind
    esterwind
    ✭✭
    And what if I don't have an antivirus? I'm using the Windows defender system.
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭
    Is not the antivirus and it was most likely not solved. It has about a 5h period when is laggy as hell, then works for the rest of the day. Is each day, from 8 pm to 1 am gmt+2.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will test today with antivirus off at about 19:00 CEST. I noticed that's when my problems start. I've seen weirder stuff in this game. Remember the trick with searching yourself in guild roster that reduced lag? :)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • esterwind
    esterwind
    ✭✭
    Weeks passing by and this issue is still present and no signs of anyone even taking a look into this matter, not even one comprehensive official response from support for any of the existing threads on the forums.

This issue is preventing A LOT OF PEOPLE to play. All my guild mates from other countries from western Europe are not affected and all the guild events, dungeons, trials, pvp, etc. are held in the evening.

This problem is preventing me and my friends from attending any of these activities and we can't enjoy the game at all since we're working during the day and even if we would have time to play during the day, almost no activity is being held at those hours, everything is happening in the evening.

Can't anything be done regarding this problem which is long past becoming a deep frustration.

Can we have an official comprehensive response as to let us know what actions are being done towards fixing this?

Thank you!