The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sonic the hedgehog (Speed cap?)

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey fellows I hope you are all having fun ^^

I basically want to make a flash speed build, just for fun :)

At the moment I am using:

-Stage 4 vamp (for sneak)
-Psijic skill: race against time
-Refreshing path
-Speed potions
-3 x swift jewellery
-Steed mundus
-Fiord's Legacy

+ Spriggans (nothing speed related but just to add more stamina + damage)

I was thinking of switching that to Cowards gear for even further speed just to push its limit to see because why not :joy:

But I read that there is a cap so I do not want parts of the sets or skills I have to be useless.

What is the speed cap? Have I already exceed the speed cap? :D
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hard speed cap is 200% of the base (unbuffed) running speed. NOT the base sprinting speed!
    It's quite easy to reach the speed cap, actually. No need to stack every possible speed buff.

Stacking speed buffs beyond the hard cap only helps you by increasing your base running speed, making you go faster without sprinting. If you sprint then you will still hit the speed cap.

It's possible to travel on foot far faster than the speed cap allows, but only Sorc can do that (Streak) without any target to gapclose to.
    Warden can also move faster than the speed cap, by gapclosing to a friendly player who's riding a horse. There used to be a bug where doing this repeatedly could earn you a temporary ban for "speedhacking", lol.

EDIT: I see that you are using multiple sources of Major Expedition (pots, RAT, path) - unique named buffs don't stack, so in terms of speed you gain nothing from using any more than one of those at a given time.
    Edited by Major_Lag on March 15, 2020 9:23AM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    The hard speed cap is 200% of the base (unbuffed) running speed. NOT the base sprinting speed!
    It's quite easy to reach the speed cap, actually. No need to stack every possible speed buff.

It's possible to travel on foot far faster than the speed cap allows, but only Sorc can do that (Streak) without any target to gapclose to.
    Warden can also move faster than the speed cap, by gapclosing to a friendly player who's riding a horse. There used to be a bug where doing this repeatedly could earn you a temporary ban for "speedhacking", lol.

EDIT: I see that you are using multiple sources of Major Expedition (pots, RAT, path) - unique named buffs don't stack, so in terms of speed you gain nothing from using any more than one of those at a given time.

Edit point is excellent, I can unslot the refreshing path then!
    I had no idea, thank you.

But the other point is a little confusing. So if the base is 100% (as I read), and sprinting +40% (so as they say)
    Fiords legacy adds 30%
    Makes it 170% + 15% from jewellery + 10% from steed

So in total I reached 195% ?

:D
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100%+ 40% sprint + 30% expedition+ 30% swift 18% :(.
    Steed 10% legacy 15% concealed weapons 25% cant sneak and sprint at the same time so imo drop legacy.
    Edited by zvavi on March 15, 2020 10:46AM
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    But the other point is a little confusing. So if the base is 100% (as I read), and sprinting +40% (so as they say)
    Fiords legacy adds 30%

If you are using medium armor (as you should), you are also getting a +% bonus from the medium armor passive. Don't forget to include that in your calculations.
    Other than that you just add the +% modifiers together - they stack additively.
    Major Expedition is 30%, you forgot about that as well.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fiords legacy adds 30%

If you are using medium armor (as you should), you are also getting a +% bonus from the medium armor passive. Don't forget to include that in your calculations.

True there is also 15% from there
    I already the passed the cap then huh
    So it is true that it is not so difficult
    I can ditch some swift jewellery, great:)
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiords legacy adds 30%

Yeah, it's easy to reach cap if you sprint.
    It can be still useful to build over the speed cap if you want faster sneaking speed - can't sprint while sneaking.
    In fact, I'm not sure if it's even possible to reach (let alone exceed) the speed cap while sneaking.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiords legacy adds 30%

It can be still useful to build over the speed cap if you want faster sneaking speed - can't sprint while sneaking.
    In fact, I'm not sure if it's even possible to reach (let alone exceed) the speed cap while sneaking.

Easy, 25% concealed, 30% major exp, 30% swift :(, 10% minor exp (jailbreaker), 10% mundus. Nb might be the only class that can accomplish it though.
    zvavi wrote: »
    New plan guys. Full mag version, 25% concealed,15% purple swift, 30% expedition, 10% steed, 20% marauder's haste. And if someone tells me that i cant cause they nerfed one of the other things mentioned, i am gonna laugh so hard.

Edited by zvavi on March 15, 2020 11:02AM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fiords legacy adds 30%

I dont think so either because I checked the sets and they usually add to sprint not to sneak
    But general movement speed like switf and steed adds up to sneak I assume? :o
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fiords legacy adds 30%

Easy, 25% concealed, 30% major exp, 30% swift, 10% minor exp (jailbreaker), 10% mundus. Nb might be the only class that can accomplish it though.

Awesome
    I will need to get this jailbreaker:)
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Concealed is the magicka morph though while jailbreaker is stam set, so you will either have wasted skill slot or wasted set, mind you.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiords legacy adds 30%

Easy, 25% concealed, 30% major exp, 30% swift, 10% minor exp (jailbreaker), 10% mundus. Nb might be the only class that can accomplish it though.
    3 gold Swift jewelry only gets you 18%.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    Fiords legacy adds 30%

3 gold Swift jewelry only gets you 18%.

They nerfed it? mb then. F*** at 4.25, didnt notice at all, why even? Hmm gotta be a way to get those last 7%
    Edited by zvavi on March 15, 2020 10:40AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New plan guys. Full mag version, 25% concealed,15% purple swift, 30% expedition, 10% steed, 20% marauder's haste. And if someone tells me that i cant cause they nerfed one of the other things mentioned, i am gonna laugh so hard.

Edit: now that i look at it, is steed buffing only sprint speed?
    Edited by zvavi on March 15, 2020 10:52AM
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    No steed is general movement.

You can get the extra 7%, at least in spurts, by being Bosmer and rolling. Yeah it breaks stealth but if you cloak right after you're only exposed for a split second.

Edit: might be 6% not sure, but close enough.
    Edited by Wandering_Immigrant on March 15, 2020 11:46AM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would work, and it would put you right at the speed cap. You can just back bar Marauder's Haste.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

That would work, and it would put you right at the speed cap. You can just back bar Marauder's Haste.

I still have no f***ing idea why would they nerf swift though. It was not swifts fault that no one could be targeted, freaking blanket nerfs
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you’re a magblade this build works well. I use it to harvest and do surveys.

Stealth at the speed cap:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=203729

RAT and Dampen magic don’t break stealth:

Vampire + Concealed (25%) + RAT (30%) + Steed (10%) + 3x swift (15%) + Mauraders Haste (20%) = speed cap

Plus Darloc returns more stamina than stealth costs. Plus from stealth you can usually harvest a node and pop back into stealth before the mob attacks. Just hit shadowy disguise when you’re near mobs.

It looked good on paper so I tried it, when I tried it the build worked better than I could have imagined. It’s super fun too.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 16, 2020 3:22AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So when Kevduit made his build which sprinted faster than a maxed mount, was this before the cap was introduced?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    So when Kevduit made his build which sprinted faster than a maxed mount, was this before the cap was introduced?
    Yes. Before the speed cap, it was possible to reach speeds like that.

That was "before my times" so to speak, but I presume that the speed cap was introduced for what should be fairly obvious PvP reasons - especially since a scroll carrier build that's faster than a maxed horse (+Rapids) would have been literally untouchable.
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    It seems, noone mentioned Wind Running -additional 2% speed passive from 120 CP in Lover tree
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't forget about Ork. 10% sprint bonus.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have to love those farming builds.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Hahahah I was more thinking of a scroll runner & gankblade but this is actually a good idea

Collecting surveys would be f-f-f-fast :)
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Vampire + Concealed (25%) + RAT (30%) + Steed (10%) + 3x swift (15%) + Mauraders Haste (20%) = speed cap

Plus Darloc returns more stamina than stealth costs. Plus from stealth you can usually harvest a node and pop back into stealth before the mob attacks. Just hit shadowy disguise when you’re near mobs.

It looked good on paper so I tried it, when I tried it the build worked better than I could have imagined. It’s super fun too.

I respec between stamina and magicka from time to time so thank you for this ^^
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Hahahah I was more thinking of a scroll runner & gankblade but this is actually a good idea

Collecting surveys would be f-f-f-fast :)

When you have the scroll you can’t go into stealth I think. I’d look at stamsorc for scroll running.

Also definitely go impen, sometimes it’s just faster to fall and die then go the long way around.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 16, 2020 12:01PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    don't forget about Ork. 10% sprint bonus.

Red armor for another 10%
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • DeepSeaDiver
    DeepSeaDiver
    ✭✭
    Sprinter rather than sneaker ...

Didn't theory craft, just did it so may not be optimal but converted a spare Orc StamSorc into my mat gather using Cowards + Dark Stride + monster set of your choice. All 7pc medium. CP allocation. Not all pieces have Well Fitted trait. Sprints on foot for eons and good enough to solo some WBs lol.

Horse? We don't need no stinking horse!

Still on my to-do-list but never got around to testing scroll running in Cyro with it though, oh well.

Maybe just me but things feel slower these days (not checked patch notes)?
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭

Well, this is interesting:) Can Marauders Haste proc from Para Bellum set or from Reinforced CP passive?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »

Well, this is interesting:) Can Marauders Haste proc from Para Bellum set or from Reinforced CP passive?

I don’t know. I use it in overland so damage really isn’t a factor and I haven’t min-maxed it beyond gathering. What’s great though is dampen magic, rat and mist all don’t break stealth. Impen so I can jump off cliffs, intentionally or unintentionally, and pay less repair fees.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 25, 2020 1:58PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »

No, anything that you do not cast does not proc it, atleast that what happened when I tried it using combat physician and imperium. Zos "fixed" this 2-3 patches ago as proc sets are not supposed to proc other proc sets. You have to actively use a dmg shield skill in order to activate the set.