The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

RoM Xal-Nur charge attack can't be interrupted with block now?

Paramedicus
Paramedicus
✭✭✭
I ran Ruins of Mazzatun today and imo something has changed about 4th boss, Xal-Nur the Slaver (pic bellow).

ESO-Ruins-of-Mazzatun-Fourth-Boss-XalNur-the-Slaver.jpg

Normally, when he starts to charge I could interrupt it simpy by holding block and standing inside his small AoE (pic bellow).

ESO-Ruins-of-Mazzatun-Fourth-Boss-About-to-charge.jpg

I didn't try standing in front of him, but it wasn't needed ealrier. Same behaviour occurs at last boss, when Xal-Nur is in spirit form.

Anyone experiencing this? May it be related to block changes?
Edited by Paramedicus on February 29, 2020 5:57PM
PC EU
/script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")
↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • Slothylicious
    Slothylicious
    ✭✭
    I encountered this as well. It's always been a bit buggy, but now even standing right in front of him doesn't work at all. It's not sometimes either, blocking this attack never works.
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    ehh, i wish that I would'nt have to put topic in general section to get more answers. It was pledge on feb 29. I know you ran it ppl :P
    PC EU

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as I have run RoM, the Xalnur charge has always been interruptible with a bash. Perhaps that is what happened to you? You hit block and accidentally bashed him?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC block didn’t have anything to do with it. He would always stop his charge as soon as he hit any player. Block just made it so he didn’t knock you back if you were the one hit. Are you saying that now he just continues charging through everyone?
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    I really think that normally I stoped him just holding block within aoe range (didnt matter if i stood behind him or in his way). So either I remember it wrong (maybe was bashing?) or they changed it.

Anyway, as @Slothylicious said, standing in front doesn't work too.

Keep in mind we talking about recent patchs.
    PC EU

• pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did vRoM HM a few days ago and remembered this thread. I always used to be able to interrupt his charge but I couldn't anymore. He charged at someone and if they blocked he would stop but I couldn't bash him or hit him with crushing shock. It seems as if this part has changed since sometime back.
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    so is there any reliable way to stop him now? (lol im glad i have no death run done there)
    PC EU

• Kirameku
    Kirameku
    ✭✭✭
    I've thought I was bad and couldn't stop him, seems like I wasn't lol, glad to hear that
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    yup, i tested it yesterday. Blocking or/and standing in the way or bashing don't work. Boss charge CANNOT be interrupted anymore.
    Edited by Paramedicus on March 24, 2020 1:29PM
    PC EU

• Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    it is fixed. blocking is enough to stop him
    PC EU