The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

option to trade in or sell houses?

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    would really love for this to become available

if not sell to other players, then at least "trade in" (up or down to bigger or smaller houses)

it only makes sense to have a feature like this based on fact that people earn more gold and figure out how far they want to get into the housing

and it works for Zenimax because if players want to spend Crowns on a house and then sell it for Gold then Zenimax gets paid either way?

I would love a trade in system. I have a linchal manor I would love to trade in for a different notable home. Ended up not really being that impressed with it.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    as you can have multiple homes I just cant see wasting resources doing this
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe add the option to "move." The catch is if you downgrade you do not get anything back. But if you upgrade you will need to pay the difference in gold or crowns.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a pack rat who enjoys crafting furniture and changing around layouts of some of the houses I own. I end up with lots and lots of furnishing items I can't deconstruct and don't want to sell just in case I want to use them someday. For me having multiple houses is about storage. I have all eight chests you can get in the game, all but one full of furniture. Even if I decided to sell some of these furniture items they are mostly worth very small amounts of gold, hardly worth taking up a spot in a trader. I don't buy the crown exclusive houses though; only the ones I can buy for gold. Only a couple are actually decorated as homes. The others look like storage warehouses.

It would be really cool to be able to make our own furniture bundles, say four chairs, a table, and a candleabra, and list as a unit in the guild trader. I don't know how they would implement that, but it's an item for another discussion. I just came here to say that some of us have use for multiple houses different than what you all have been mentioning.

TL;DR I use multiple houses for furniture storage
    Edited by LadySinflower on March 30, 2020 10:14AM
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Usually having more than single house is pointless.
    Nonsense. My characters all need their own space - and they have their preferences.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »
    Nonsense. My characters all need their own space - and they have their preferences.

That's a matter of personal taste and I lean in the same direction as them.

The fantasy is to own a home, not a real estate portfolio.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eifleber wrote: »
    Gargath wrote: »
    Usually having more than single house is pointless.

To take things further, one character alone is a guildmaster, so there needs to be a guild hall, plus their own personal space that is sacred and no one visits but the spouse, then theres the matter of having a vacation home... That alone is three houses for one character lololol did I mention the other home that just stores extra furnishings???

What I would reeeeally like is an easy way to sell furnishings... or trade them in for crowns similar to converting crown crate items into crown gems.