The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you arent using Add-ons youre at a disadvantage

rainbowcakekidnub19_ESO
I have been reluctant to use any Add ons, I enjoy the minamallistic UI; i do think the current base UI should be more informing as to when/what type of debuffs are on you. By either your character have more dramatic visual effects or by having your screen borders do different effects. (Bubble when poisoned, Fleshflies when diseased, burn when on fire, ect...) . If youre not using certain Add-ons in pvp you are at a clear disadvantage to those who are. Zenimax needs to add certain UI alterations that can off set the need for add-ons, the ability to differ players in pvp like the rainbow retical type mods.

I know some Add-ons are helpful, Zenimax needs to adopt certain ones and add them to the game for everyone. Even if you can toggle them on/off in the settings.
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    I guess if you don't like the candidates you don't vote in elections either. Supporting addons is crowd sourcing of the interface. It brings a lot more programmers, and a lot more creativity, to the table. The popularity of individual addons drives it being added to the game. WoW has several examples, previewing gear, the armory, the tooltip on stats giving addition information. Those all started as mods. Likely they will add a mini-map. With over 100k downloads already it's pretty clear not having one is pretty annoying to their customers.

Certainly don't use any mods that do things you don't want to see in a game. Not using a mod is your way to vote against putting it in game. Using a mod is a vote for putting it in game. SpamFilter is a prime example. The adminstrators should have such a utility to show them as soon a spammer pops so they can ban them just as fast. Every user ignoring them is a bad solution to that problem, but all an addon can do. The developers can auto-ban them. A grid view of inventory, additional filters for inventory, the ability to check research timers away from a crafting station, the list goes on and on. Things they should have done. Using an addon is your way to say, hey, here's something you really should have done.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • BlackTinuviel
    I have been reluctant to use any Add ons, I enjoy the minamallistic UI; i do think the current base UI should be more informing as to when/what type of debuffs are on you. By either your character have more dramatic visual effects or by having your screen borders do different effects. (Bubble when poisoned, Fleshflies when diseased, burn when on fire, ect...) . If youre not using certain Add-ons in pvp you are at a clear disadvantage to those who are. Zenimax needs to add certain UI alterations that can off set the need for add-ons, the ability to differ players in pvp like the rainbow retical type mods.

I know some Add-ons are helpful, Zenimax needs to adopt certain ones and add them to the game for everyone. Even if you can toggle them on/off in the settings.

Honestly, I 100% agree that they should add these things, but 100% disagree with blocking even more addons. If you paid attentention to the last major patch of the beta, they took out all of the events and API calls that enable what you are talking about as unfair. You can no longer see buffs, for example, through the UI except for 'timeless' buffs (IE: Boons, etc). You can't have addons communicating. You don't get information on what spell was cast on you, just that you took a certian damage. And the list goes on and on...

I hardly see how showing your input/output damage numbers or seeing which boon you have on yourself is unfair in any regard
  • Fozee
    Fozee
    ✭✭
    Of course there's an advantage for having AddOns, otherwise AddOns wouldn't even exist. Adding a minimap is an advantage as I don't need to stop and look at the clunky map. It doesn't mean there's a power advantage, and it doesn't mean that someone who refuses to use AddOns is at a disadvantage.
    BioWare Moderator
    Ex Warhammer Online Moderation Lead
    Terrorsquid Extraordinaire