The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Looking for a Newbie Players' Guild...

kelthehero
Hey totally cool ESO PhP'ers! Like my last question, I searched for an answer and got more confused than helped, so...

I've been playing Elder Scrolls for a WHILE but this is my first deep dive into the MMORPG version. A LOT to try and understand. I've been trying to find a "Be kind to newbies" guild and just not sure...

I saw an article from about (only!) a year ago that mentioned two newbie friendly guilds: Ranger's Guild and Lone Would Help Guide(?) but they don't pop-up in my guild search. Are they gone? Assuming yes, can anyone point me to some with similar intent. By the standards of some of these guilds I am a "casual" player. Translation: I leave my mom's basement at least once a week. ;-)

I'm just looking to find some people to whom I can ask some newb questions, get a team to go do some of the TOO MANY +1 dungeons / quests and maybe figure out this whole trading thing. As well as have fun, laugh and NOT stress if I haven't sold enough STUFF in the last two days.

I'm kinda thinking that if you are someone who actually is kind enough to answer questions on this board you might be involved in, or at least know of, a guild that won't hate me because I am newbiful! X-D
  • kelthehero
    kelthehero wrote: »
    Hey totally cool ESO PhP'ers! Like my last question, I searched for an answer and got more confused than helped, so...

I've been playing Elder Scrolls for a WHILE but this is my first deep dive into the MMORPG version. A LOT to try and understand. I've been trying to find a "Be kind to newbies" guild and just not sure...

I saw an article from about (only!) a year ago that mentioned two newbie friendly guilds: Ranger's Guild and Lone Wolf Help Guide(?) but they don't pop-up in my guild search. Are they gone? Assuming yes, can anyone point me to some with similar intent. By the standards of some of these guilds I am a "casual" player. Translation: I leave my mom's basement at least once a week. ;-)

I'm just looking to find some people to whom I can ask some newb questions, get a team to go do some of the TOO MANY +1 dungeons / quests and maybe figure out this whole trading thing. As well as have fun, laugh and NOT stress if I haven't sold enough STUFF in the last two days.

I'm kinda thinking that if you are someone who actually is kind enough to answer questions on this board you might be involved in, or at least know of, a guild that won't hate me because I am newbiful! X-D
  • kelthehero

I saw an article from about (only!) a year ago that mentioned two newbie friendly guilds: Ranger's Guild and Lone Wolf Help Guild(?) but they don't pop-up in my guild search. Are they gone? Assuming yes, can anyone point me to some with similar intent. By the standards of some of these guilds I am a "casual" player. Translation: I leave my mom's basement at least once a week. ;-)

• Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @kelthehero. It will help if you include what server you play on, are you NA pc or Eu pc, or are you are console player when looking for a guild.

There are not as many guilds that are full of newbies due to eso running for 5 plus years but you will find many guilds out there that are newbie friendly and will teach you the ropes. There are usually a few new players in guilds that might run around with you and quest etc. I find with newbies they tend to group up to do world bosses or skyshard runs run by some guilds for the purpose of offering newbies help and players that are levelling alts and these activities are quite common in social guilds.

There is guild finder. You just press (G) and then use the filters to help narrow your search. Social guilds are great for newbies as you do get more new players in them. Just read their recruiting messages that explains what sort of guild it is. There is also an application message box where you can type in what you are lf in a guild and what sort of player you are.
    For example you could type: New player looking for helpful friendly guild. Looking for guidance and guildies to quest with and do dungeons with.

You can always email me let me know your server and times you're online or just ask me anything via forums email. Im happy to try help you.
    Edited by Recent on March 15, 2020 8:18AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Recent just said, don’t forget the guild finder feature in-game, @kelthehero.

That’s how I found my current trading guild.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 15, 2020 5:53PM
  • Omyz
    Omyz
    ✭✭
    Come and give Grievance a try. It's a Family Orientated online gaming community. I've been a member for five years, they are a great bunch of folks with a community outreach across multiple online games. The ESO chapter has been around since game release and is still going strong.

You can find us via the in game guild finder, or check the link above for information.

I saw an article from about (only!) a year ago that mentioned two newbie friendly guilds: Ranger's Guild and Lone Would Help Guide(?) but they don't pop-up in my guild search. Are they gone? Assuming yes, can anyone point me to some with similar intent. By the standards of some of these guilds I am a "casual" player. Translation: I leave my mom's basement at least once a week. ;-)

• kelthehero
    Hello all,

Thanks very much for the feedback. Apologies for not specifying - I play on the NA server.

I used the in-game search feature and was further confused. Someone's "casual" is another person's "balanced" (at least!).

Since I am so newb to the MMORPG world (I've played others, but just never dived in deep: associating with players out-of-game, interacting to form groups - usually I just did that on-the-fly.) I am / was concerned that I would not be up to their level of desired play. I mean, I'm still trying to figure out what the &#$%! Discord is!

Some folks kindly contacted me via PM and I have since been able to join a couple of guilds. Now, of course, I have to figure out what comes next! Not sure what the next steps are with regard to interacting... A whole *new* set of challenges awaits! Can I be known as "Successful Guild Joiner" as my descriptor in-game? ;-)

Sorry for the delayed reply. It is a crazy time. I hope all stay well and play a lot more online, safe at home!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thanks very much for the feedback. Apologies for not specifying - I play on the NA server.

I used the in-game search feature and was further confused. Someone's "casual" is another person's "balanced" (at least!).

Since I am so newb to the MMORPG world (I've played others, but just never dived in deep: associating with players out-of-game, interacting to form groups - usually I just did that on-the-fly.) I am / was concerned that I would not be up to their level of desired play. I mean, I'm still trying to figure out what the &#$%! Discord is!

Some folks kindly contacted me via PM and I have since been able to join a couple of guilds. Now, of course, I have to figure out what comes next! Not sure what the next steps are with regard to interacting... A whole *new* set of challenges awaits! Can I be known as "Successful Guild Joiner" as my descriptor in-game? ;-)

Sorry for the delayed reply. It is a crazy time. I hope all stay well and play a lot more online, safe at home!

It isn't complicated.

Ask questions, respond to conversations, ask to join in activities. If you need gear or want to make a crafter, ask questions. Most crafters will be happy to help out. Guild runs for skyshards or world bosses are open to everyone. Many guilds have pledges and trials "instruction runs" to help people learn.