Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Porting with the scroll again

thegreat_one
thegreat_one
✭✭✭✭
EP player picked up Alma Ruma scroll at the temple, we had glade so the gates were closed. Then they appeared at eh EP north gate and Proceeded to run scroll to a keep.

I would put the players name here but that would be considered bad by the ppl who make this game.

This must be addressed now.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also PC NA Greyhost campaign
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a screenshot of the scroll being at the northern EP gate. This is an exploit that needs to be addressed.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the die while being in the channel/animation of picking the scroll up?
  • rk1101320
    rk1101320
    ✭✭
    there is actually a bug if you die while picking up the scroll there is a chance to allow u death port with it.
    About the gate close bug , this already happened to me, i died nearby the temple and when i rezzed, the scroll teleported, i even didnt picked it up so i cant understand how that works.
    this is not an exploit from a player its just a bug
    GM of Pimp my Elf
    Ex member of TOXIC, KNOW YOUR PLACE, [snip], KNOWN'[snip]
    member of D-Ticks and E-Cheeks
    trolling your scrolls since beta
    youtu.be/FxjscqBxOJs
    well known T-bagger and shimmering shield spammer

[Edited to remove Profanity and Inappropriate Content]
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD on Kaal campaign a month or so ago stated in zone chat they were going to port with the scroll before it happened, it is an exploit that is repeatable. (ps I play exclusively AD so not shaming a rival faction).
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rk1101320 wrote: »
    there is actually a bug if you die while picking up the scroll there is a chance to allow u death port with it.
    About the gate close bug , this already happened to me, i died nearby the temple and when i rezzed, the scroll teleported, i even didnt picked it up so i cant understand how that works.
    this is not an exploit from a player its just a bug

Because it's a race condition [1][2]...they need to add additional checks for scroll-carriers and their state. If not, only a matter of time before someone finds a way to exploit it...

Speaking of states, I really wonder if ZOS uses those to model player actions. If not, they should, because it sure seems like they don't.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to die as soon as you pick it up, so the timing needs to be done right