The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Desync, lag or bug please watch and tell me peeps

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
Backdrop-at Glade LM, waiting to engage and within seconds one player gets 5 lethal arrows off? is this what desync looks like bc the ping is in the bottom left corner and I only saw and heard 2 i believe.

https://youtu.be/7fjFXq8Bsuk
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Backdrop-at Glade LM, waiting to engage and within seconds one player gets 5 lethal arrows off? is this what desync looks like bc the ping is in the bottom left corner and I only saw and heard 2 i believe.

Snipe is beyond broke right now. Almost every time I get hit by it, I get health desyched.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything on my end I can do to prevent this from happening with turning down a setting or something? I mean the game did not render the shots correctly.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there anything on my end I can do to prevent this from happening with turning down a setting or something? I mean the game did not render the shots correctly.

Nothing you can do on your end. This is happening all over the place right now.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

that is correct, and it is happening with all skills, even Light Attacks.
    this is from lagg.
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 14, 2020 8:37PM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 7k hit is the initial hit, the 4 x 4k hits are the poison status effect, you said you were hit twice, plus a warden hitting you as well, sure there was a health de-sync but you were already ded.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 7k hit is the initial hit, the 4 x 4k hits are the poison status effect, you said you were hit twice, plus a warden hitting you as well, sure there was a health de-sync but you were already ded.

No. The 7k hit is a crit. The others were non crit.

Its desync.
    Edited by technohic on March 15, 2020 4:36AM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does desync like this only happen with cast time skills?
  • OwN_Reflex
    OwN_Reflex
    ✭✭

Yes. You can stop playing it because it’s terrible.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

that is correct, and it is happening with all skills, even Light Attacks.
    this is from lagg.

You keep saying this but no one believes you
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Snipe is beyond broke right now. Almost every time I get hit by it, I get health desyched.

And that's why there are so many snipers lately. Low skill ceiling, plus a good chance to desynch.

And to you folks now using it, bravo! Good on you for taking advantage of something broken and not taking any sort of high ground!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happens everyday, for months and months now...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil performance is not fixed. It’s not better after today’s patch.

I was just in the stupidest fight I’ve ever had in 6 years of this game. Fighting an EP at a yellow resource, just the 2 of us outside guard range. Neither of us could get skills to go off. We finally stood there heavy staff attacking each other. Then he jumped down and we just bashed each other for kicks, taking no damage. We drew the guards attention and they ran over, we couldn’t damage them or each other and they glided back to their starting position. Literally glided, like they were on rails.

The red and I both just walked away.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad to see I'm missing nothing in the CP campaigns...
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've removed some comments that were naming and shaming and rude. For further posts, be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_TrishM wrote: »
    Greetings,

We've removed some comments that were naming and shaming and rude. For further posts, be sure to stay constructive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

How is it rude to call something what it is ?

Don’t understand honestly, a bug gets abused on purpose for an advantage... why am i not able to say that ? In other games people get punished for that and not protected.
  • ShizaZepelli
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any update? Losing much people from guild because the lag is insane sometimes.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your death recap has 5 independent lethal arrow attacks, totaling approximately 24k damage. All are from the same attacker. One of these appears to be a crit, the others are regular hits. The damage taken and death recap account is not consistent with the dot effect from the poisoned condition. There is no weaving of light attacks or other skills.

Your health bar registers damage first at 0:12. At 0:14 your character is dead. You appear to take one small hit, one major health loss, and then a third health loss that kills you.

Lethal Arrow has a cast time of 1 second (formerly 1.1 seconds). Source: https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/lethal-arrow If the game was functioning properly, at the most you could be hit by 3 lethal arrows by one attacker from 0:12 to 0:14. But your death recap says 5. Somehow two extra attacks are stacked within this 2 second period.

Something is seriously wrong here.

I've been on the receiving end of this as well. Usually it shows up as my skills lock / my stam and magic drop to zero but I keep moving, about a second later my health goes from full to zero / I fall dead, and then I hear the snipe sounds and maybe see the animation of arrows hitting my corpse. No counter play is possible if I don't see the archer attacking. It's just lock up, fall dead, then get the animations.

I'd love for archers to have viable builds for pve and pvp, but this is not healthy for the game at any level.

• ReName
    ReName
    its the freaking skill delays and lag we have PVP for the last half-year.
    Welcome to PVP my friend it's broken. what does Zeni max do push PvE content.
    instead of fixing the lag and skill delays.

do not expect a fix soon its been like this for the last half-year
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to update since this thread was posted originally. Since ZOS released the last patch I have not experienced this again. But every now and then I do experience skills not going off. But no more 5 lethal arrows in 3 seconds lol
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is lag fest. Runs fine as long as you dont fight anyone. My buddy and me run duel bomb blades and tried to bomb this huge blue zerg, but guess what. Frames dropped immediately to 20fps and ping shot up to nearly 900. Which led to no skills going off and eventually death. Then it crashed. This is not on our end its our devs and the company for not fixing the issues.
    Cyrodiil has been a complete disaster for 6 years and no fixes. I run an i9-9900k with a 2080ti and 32 gigs of ram and Cyrodiil still runs like ***. I even adjusted the usersetting file to unlock the fps cap they put on the game. Which did increase FPS throughout the entire game but Cyrodiil just sucks. I love it too, the combat is unbelievably good, but without them fixing the lag and crash points in there, we are just out of luck.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

Dont know what else to say just tired of the performance in pvp being a *** show. Good luck to everyone on these forums for pvp because nothing is getting resolved in it.
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_TrishM wrote: »
    Greetings,

I was thinking of asking when you were going to fix the lag, bugs, desyncs, and crashing but your players have been asking that question for years. I doubt you will ever fix the game and I'm look forward to playing New World and leaving ESO behind. Thank you for making this decision easy for me. :)
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • ReName
    ReName
    if the world of warcraft would go on the console Zeni max would be out of bunnies. they never listen to players that play the game they only push content never fix things.
    about 90% of the players I know have stopped playing the game due to performance being a *** show.
    I might as well stop playing myself
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    This game is so broke right now. Skills not firing etc. Lag spikes creating huge damage burst. Even early morning or late night with only 2 or 3 bars in Cyrodiil ability desync and input lag is still crazy stupid.
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer