The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What works and what doesn’t performance wise in cyrodil?

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
My friend and I have gone FULL vanilla. No add ons. Still didn’t work better.

We have taken particle separation down to half. Still no improvement with the lag in fights.

We have turned off all available toggles for off in video settings. Still no improvement.

We have turned off HbAO and SSAO. Ope didn’t help.

We turned off water reflection and shadows. Nope did not work.

Turned off footsteps. Lol. I kno I kno.

Has anyone found anything that Has helped them on performance in PvP? Just thought I’d reach out to the community for help.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not playing in Cyrodiil helped a lot
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Lol ouch
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Lol ouch

I know
    It's sad
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bold of you to assume anything works.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best remedy is to play something else then ESO. :(

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a great solution if you are interested in Cyrodil with good perfomance.

Playing some other functional game for PvP works wonders too.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww. Nobody has found anything huh?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avoid all skills with both delays and secondary effects positive effects because they are delayed more than other skills.

Example? Ferocious Leap v. Take Flight. Despite using Ferocious Leap earlier, every time take flight hit faster and stunned completely negating Ferocious Leap... You'll do better slotting meteor :D

Other skills that do damage and have secondary effects of heal or shield are also completely unreliable because it seems like they do not process hits until the skill's secondary effect activates, and if that secondary effect gets dropped because of lag you won't be doing damage or gain whatever secondary effect that is.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoid using seige too because most of the time they take 5 seconds to say "siege is busy" when it isnt even doing anything before it actually does something.

Your skills will animate and out of 3 or 4 times you see the skill go off, it will actually do damage.
    Just keep spamming that key until it actually hits
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DUTCH_REAPER I am sad that you and Foo are unable to Facilitate a fix to this :(
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha @ks888 I see what ya did there.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and for the record. Going from Gray Host to Blackreach helped tremendously! Hardly ever have trouble there during prime time 3 bars a piece.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DUTCH_REAPER Some people are saying that if they disable all sound from the game their performance increases. I haven't see any difference myself.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    @DUTCH_REAPER Some people are saying that if they disable all sound from the game their performance increases. I haven't see any difference myself.

Yeah we didn’t notice a difference either. We have noticed that at certain times pop lock be not pop locked performance improves in GrayHost. But...the other day we were at 2 bars and ran up on a group and noticed super bad lag. So we went to the other side of the map. Didn’t have anymore lag. Went back to the first area again vs the same people and lag was back. Idk. Way over my head for sure.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Under level 50 PvP works for me.

DC needs a few more players during prime time to take a keep :) but other than that my skills and sieges seem to work fine.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Under level 50 PvP works for me.

DC needs a few more players during prime time to take a keep :) but other than that my skills and sieges seem to work fine.

We were totally surprised at how minimal lag was in Blackreach. Good fights too but only when we saw 2 bars or more. We have been seriously considering homing it and giving it a 100%. Our only concerns are puggers not playing the map I.e. arrius is burst everyone needs to get there to save it bc the pop is so small yet they wouldn’t, and not sieging.

Pros were minimal lag, really nice friendly zone chat. We saw no toxic talk at all. And great fights when the pop was even.
    Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on March 12, 2020 5:24PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really nice friendly zone chat. We saw no toxic talk at all

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there..
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    really nice friendly zone chat. We saw no toxic talk at all

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there..

Truer words have never been spoken my friend.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag is happening on the server-side.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The crown store works even in Cyrodiil I bet.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weird that I lag less zerg surfing than running truly solo. Also that in group i lag big time compared to either. I don't get it. Time stop plus coldfire ftw.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you remember when they removed torch bugs and deer's from PVP thinking that was causing lag? that's when I came to the conclusion they ran out of idea's.
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirston wrote: »
    you remember when they removed torch bugs and deer's from PVP thinking that was causing lag? that's when I came to the conclusion they ran out of idea's.

Hahahahaha yes I remember.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    What is your bandwith? I'm not talking about the value which is writen in the contract with your provider. There are plenty of internet sites where you can measure your speed. From my personal experience with PVP you need as download min. 20 MBit/s for PVP.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti