Multiple housing instances for each home

seecodenotgames
seecodenotgames
✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but the more I get into housing the more I think it would be easier if we had multiple instances of each house.

This would be useful for several reasons.

1. We could get around the item limit by having multiple themed versions of the same home.
2. It would be great for contests as you could have a contest house without having to tear down an existing build.
3. It would also be great for guilds as you could have a guild hall and also have a personal version of the house too.

As far as I know the only way to do this currently is to play on both NA and EU but that means buying the houses twice and I have very little gold on NA and I dont want to waste crowns on buying the same content twice.
Houses on PC EU (newest first)
Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - A treehouse build around a giant treefern
Artaeum Threatre/Operahouse/Divine Chapel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony with many seats
Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Extension with Alinor wedding theme
Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors and indoor conservatory
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the same issue they have with Gifting homes would also plague this system but I'm not 100% sure. Gifting homes was planned to be a feature but ended up getting scrapped when they ran into issues with it recognizing which player owned a house and if that player owned a house how could they gift the house etc, the system just wasn't made to handle gifting.

Another way of doing this though would be to just spend 20$ on another account and make that your contest account if you were super deep into something like that.

And a second option is to use EHT if you don't mind addons; it can save the placement of an entire build and then revert it whenever you are ready to turn your house back. Just turn off automatic saves.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know the only way to do this currently is to play on both NA and EU but that means buying the houses twice and I have very little gold on NA and I dont want to waste crowns on buying the same content twice.

ESO goes on sale semi-regularly, from multiple vendors.

The cheapest I've seen it get down to is $3 Australia = $1.73 USD. That's for the most basic version, which excludes any of the DLC / chapters. Just recently I saw it going for $20 (oz) including Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr. But it varies by vendor. Shop around. Only 1 I could see was offering that.

Upside compared to switching between NA and EU is you can easily give gold to a new account.

Downside which applies to both options, if you want them in all houses, you'd have to buy account bound things like merchant and banker again. And any crown store furnishings. Do achievements again to buy houses and achievement related furnishings etc. etc.
    Edited by Nerouyn on March 19, 2020 8:03PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the same issue they have with Gifting homes would also plague this system but I'm not 100% sure. Gifting homes was planned to be a feature but ended up getting scrapped when they ran into issues with it recognizing which player owned a house and if that player owned a house how could they gift the house etc, the system just wasn't made to handle gifting.

That's definitely wrong.

Maybe you read some random person or even them claim that, but it's total nonsense. Developers (and others) often lie and claim "technical problems" when there's some reason they don't want you know about.

I speak as someone with programming experience.

It would be trivially easy to fix the existing gifting problem and allow for homes to be gifted.

Most likely the reason is that homes are now the only thing which require a player to spend their own crowns on. Everything else can potentially, albeit riskily, be purchased with gold.

If homes could be gifted, they'd potentially lose a lot of subscriptions and crown sales.