The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Primary Residence (house) as a character selection screen

eaglexk
eaglexk
✭✭✭
It will be amazing if the character selection screen will be replaced by the Primary Residence. Once loaded the character selection screen will have same options and will look almost like before except the background will be the Primary Residence's entrance position and next to the "Play" button will be a button "Look around (F5)" that will let the character to walk the house, activate objects (lights, house storage containers etc). No addons will be loaded, house editor function (F5) will be replaced by Select Character (F5) so player will be able to select different characters.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understood your title otherwise, at first.

I would have liked to but able to set a different primary residence for each character. My khajiit at serenity falls, my wood elf at bouldertree, and so on

Basically, we should be able to define MORE than one primary residence, and to visit different houses of one player in the base game.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    eaglexk wrote: »
    It will be amazing if the character selection screen will be replaced by the Primary Residence. Once loaded the character selection screen will have same options and will look almost like before except the background will be the Primary Residence's entrance position and next to the "Play" button will be a button "Look around (F5)" that will let the character to walk the house, activate objects (lights, house storage containers etc). No addons will be loaded, house editor function (F5) will be replaced by Select Character (F5) so player will be able to select different characters.

I love this idea.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want the house loaded before the character is loaded into the game? Don't think that could happen. If it did, there would be a huge delay just moving from one character to the other in the list. Almost as long as it takes to log in, for sure the amount of time it takes to load into the house. Then, you would have to wait that time again just to load into the game.

Good idea for sure, but technically unfeasible since our saves are not local.

What you should ask for is a the ability to load a custom screenshot into the character select screens.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

There's no reason housing data saves couldn't be local.

Sure, if you've granted decorator permissions to someone else they could move stuff around while you're offline, so there could be occasional mismatches.

But furnishing locations aren't like character level or achievements or what stuff you own from the crown store. It doesn't need to be exclusively server side.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ajaxandriel If you are on PC, you can install port to friend, or EHT and than you can port to all houses from 1 person that have been opened for visitors.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea but also worry about load time. I wouldn't mind the option to just load my character in my primary residence?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

There's no reason housing data saves couldn't be local.

Yes, it opens them up to being hackable. Someone will build an editor to work client side.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want the house loaded before the character is loaded into the game? Don't think that could happen. If it did, there would be a huge delay just moving from one character to the other in the list. Almost as long as it takes to log in, for sure the amount of time it takes to load into the house. Then, you would have to wait that time again just to load into the game.

What you should ask for is a the ability to load a custom screenshot into the character select screens.

on the character selection screen the actual house doesnt have to look like ours with the decorations in it hust the basic look of the place.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice idea!
    (I can't stand the hammerfell background for my breton or orc... or the skyrim background for my dark elves)

Aelorin wrote: »
    @Ajaxandriel If you are on PC, you can install port to friend, or EHT and than you can port to all houses from 1 person that have been opened for visitors.

Yes I have these, but that unconvenient for my guildmates who have not
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;