The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Unable to Connect to Game Server"

KnightPaladins
KnightPaladins
Soul Shriven
This is my first time posting, so sorry if i get jargon wrong or posted in the wrong category. Im on xbox and i need help, so, i figured this was a good place.

So, for about 3 weeks now, I've not been able to log in very long, before im kicked with "unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection".

I have looked at every single forum post. I have tried every solution presented by ESO's official website twice over. And for 3 weeks, after testing and retesting and resetting and wriggling into tight spaces to fiddle with my router... absolutely 0 progress. Still that endless screen of "unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection".

I understand it's probably a legal obligation that keeps the game dev's hands tied so they can only repeat the same instructions over and over in support tickets, but it's absolutely miserable. I love this game but I've tried at least 12 different solutions only for NOTHING to work and my hope is waning. Help.
XBOX NA Player. Just....... trying my best.
  • KnightPaladins
    KnightPaladins
    Soul Shriven
    Worth noting that every other online game i have works. And my internet is slow but stable (i use ethernet).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @KnightPaladins

Which troubleshooting solutions have you tried so far?

We would first recommend going through the help article linked below.

What do I do if I am disconnected on Xbox One with the error message "Unable to Connect to Server. Please Check Your Internet Connection"?

Deleting the local save data may also help in resolving this issue.

To delete save data on the Xbox One:
    1. Go to Games.
    2. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    3. Select Manage Game.
    4. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
    5. Select Delete.
    6. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:
      • Choose "Delete Everywhere" This will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on

If none of these help, you can contact customer support for additional assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds bad indeed when it's been so for about 3 weeks, are you playing with the original Xbox One or the X version?
  • KnightPaladins
    KnightPaladins
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

This, along with everything on your page about this error, along with things others have suggested on the forum, have not worked. I have tried them repeatedly. I'm so desperate for this game that I enjoy to work that I even called my network provider to get a new router. I have tried your copy-pasted solutions endlessly. I know that the devs are just trying to help but I wish there was some way I could be told about my issue without the same things that i have done endlessly for a month being spouted once again. My support ticket has been up around a week, week and a half, and still. Still they give me the same responses as before.

Restarting router doesn't work. Deleting all the data and uninstalling doesn't work. My NAT and MAC adress are fine, I've checked, and the game doesn't work. I opened my ports, and the game doesn't work. And every combination of these, doesn't work.
  • KnightPaladins
    KnightPaladins
    Soul Shriven
    This sounds bad indeed when it's been so for about 3 weeks, are you playing with the original Xbox One or the X version?

XBox One. And yeah, I know it's bad; most people on here seem to have only had the issue for a few days at most, so needless to say I feel pretty lost.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started disconnecting quite fast with my original Xbox One version in late 2018, even during quiet times alone doing dolmens certain crash within a minute, every battlegrounds match crash and deserter penalty handed out for me. Then I got new Xbox X version and those problems were gone, of course I still crash sometimes and in Cyrodiil more often obviously, overall the X version works better than the original.

I haven't been able to login with my main Xbox EU account now for almost a year at all, I'm still able to play on NA server. As negative as it may sound, but prepare for the long and frustrating support ticket spectacle, you might find yourself very alone with your problem if it remains like this for few more weeks.
  • KnightPaladins
    KnightPaladins
    Soul Shriven
    I started disconnecting quite fast with my original Xbox One version in late 2018, even during quiet times alone doing dolmens certain crash within a minute, every battlegrounds match crash and deserter penalty handed out for me. Then I got new Xbox X version and those problems were gone, of course I still crash sometimes and in Cyrodiil more often obviously, overall the X version works better than the original.

I haven't been able to login with my main Xbox EU account now for almost a year at all, I'm still able to play on NA server. As negative as it may sound, but prepare for the long and frustrating support ticket spectacle, you might find yourself very alone with your problem if it remains like this for few more weeks.

Yeah. I've basically given up at this point. I appreciate your input.
  • Steal187um
    Steal187um
    Soul Shriven
    I cannot log in either, error 308.
    I have reinstalled the game,
    I have cleared saved data,
    My connection is working.
    I have tried these things several times.

It doesnt matte which server, I just get pinged out after choosing server. So I so not even reach character selection.
  • KnightPaladins
    KnightPaladins
    Soul Shriven
    Here's an update, dated March 15. I hope someone reads this...

I think the big update helped a tiny bit. Instead of just 5 minutes of activity, i can do almost an hour.... still before being kicked. It is really sad because while dailys can be fun, i want to do dungeons and storylines again; atm, i dont really have that luxury.

I've rechecked all the posts i have seen about this, and i think that (*after* this whole coronavirus quarantine), the Zenimax staff should... really look into this. It's the one major glitch ive seen that just refuses to go away, and has some people waiting for literal years to see it fixed because it clearly isn't on their end. I see it is on all platforms, as well. This should really be patched or adressed soon; their topic page on it hasn't seemed to help anyone here.
  • KnightPaladins
    KnightPaladins
    Soul Shriven
    Update, March 18:

My friend was kind enough to comission me enough to get base game ESO on PC.

Exact same problem.

Would installing a VPN help? Since PC is now an option, that is the only answer i've seen I haven't tried, but I know it comes with baggage.