The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

One language forum please?

Thorgue
Thorgue
Soul Shriven
This forum is unusable. There are English, french and german threads all mixed up. This should change. I don't want to see the same threads 3 times in languages I barely understand.
  • Willowleaf
    That is very rude. I guess we share the same forums with Europe and in Europe there are many languages. German is the most spoken language in Europe, not English. And beside, there are also other languages spoken in America than English, like French (Canada has French as official language with English), Spanish and Portuguese (Brazil).
    Server - North America
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "German is the most spoken language in Europe, not English."

And apparently statistics is the least studied course.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Willowleaf
    Like I said most either have German as first language, or have German as one of the languages they know.
    Server - North America
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's funny, I just saw a message alert at the top of the page in french. I mean seriously? The entire board is disorganized and it's a wonder anyone can find anything. The beta forums were so much better than this, what were they thinking?
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Mabo
    Mabo
    I would have to agree. I am of course aware that Europe is a multi-language continent since I live here. But having three separate language categories, announcements and alerts is simply confusing.

If there was a way to select one or more languages (for example in account/profile settings), I am sure it would become much easier for people like me to browse the forums. And no, English is not my first language, but I still understand it way better than French or German.
    Server - EU
    IGN - Mabosaha
    Char info - level 16, Imperial dual wielder, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Willowleaf
    I agree with you Mabo, they should add in our profile the ability to chose in which language we want to see the forums, that would be much more practical than the current forums.
    Server - North America
  • ToneFish
    ToneFish
    I also found the forum fairly confusing to navigate, not only because of languages but also the structure with sub-forums.

What I found helpful is the "Categories" window to the left in the forum. Going straight to a specific language category there helps a lot.
  • Thorgue
    Thorgue
    Soul Shriven
    Willowleaf wrote: »
    That is very rude. I guess we share the same forums with Europe and in Europe there are many languages. German is the most spoken language in Europe, not English. And beside, there are also other languages spoken in America than English, like French (Canada has French as official language with English), Spanish and Portuguese (Brazil).

Well, sorry tot think it's rude. I live in Europe myself and the problem is we don't speak each others languages. The one language most people in general speak is English.

That being said, I'd like to point out that I'm not asking for one forum in only English. I'm asking for a toggle that lets me choose a language so I won't see the ones I don't understand.
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    NVM I see someone ressed a dead thread.
    Edited by Socratic on April 18, 2014 5:54PM