The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial in Aldmeri Dominion

Fawlcha
Fawlcha
✭✭
What would be the best story or even an explanation for RP, story and background wise for an Imperial to join in on the Aldmeri Dominion?

I know it would be something Imperials would be against, but what would be the best possible reason for an Imperial to side with this faction?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm an AD imperial and at launch I chose the faction simply because I wanted more Kate Beckinsale in my life.

But for RP I guess it could have something to do with pragmatism and joining the people with the greatest reservoir of ancient magic and esoteric knowledge.
  • Fawlcha
    Fawlcha
    ✭✭
    I had an imperial at launch myself, and choose the faction which made more sense. But I love AD and wanted to try fit an imperial into the RP or lore scene that made sense itself.

• Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    There's whole imperial backwater er, i mean town called Southpoint in Valenwood, roughly two weeks travel by ship from Summerset. Pretty sure the land belongs to Bosmer kings, so there's gotta be Dominion recruiters. So, being born in this town would be the easiest way probably
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wood elf's father was a Breton who met and fell in love with her mother. Her mother belonged to one of the Cloud Dancer clan tribes that live so high in the graht oaks that they can literally dance in the clouds. Anyway, her father was able to join her mother's tribe and that is how he became one with the Bosmer. If it works for a Breton, it might work for an imperial as well. Just be careful high in the trees - humans are neither as light nor as tree-nimble as wood elves.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having this dilemma myself. I fell in love with the Aldmeri zones, their music, lore, and quests, and I now can't choose another alliance which would be more lore-friendly for my Imperial. Elves are actually quite racist and given their history with Ayleids, Imperials should refrain from elven supremacy propaganda.

I'm trying to bring this justification in-game: My Imperial visited Summerset and liked it so much he decided to stay there and become a citizen. Definitely a better future than staying in his destroyed homeland. He also found an Altmer partner, so there is an even bigger motivation to stay there.

A splash of elven ancestry would work too, but much for Bretons.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dearest Alandril,

Bad news, beeko.

It worked, and now you have to admit I was right. You were so sure that sailing with the Imperial transports in scholar's regalia would earn their trust, but nothing gets Imperial lips flapping like a drunk-sounding saxhleel and a sloppy pat on the back. People trust those they think incapable of manipulation. I get the sense some of these Imperials think even less of saxhleel than your friends in Shimmerene do.

They all told me why they're coming to Summerset, just like you asked. Don't worry, I'll leave you my reports without further commentary. But I hope you'll join us at the dice tables when I get there. Bring your finest of finest robes, friend. Who knows, maybe they'll just help.

Quattria: Dominion recruiters caught her at the gate to Cyrodiil. She wants to help fight the Daedra on the frontlines. Grief has made her grow impatient, but determined.

Nathias: The bumbling scholar couldn't decide for years between joining the Dominion or the Pact to research the Ayleids. He was still fretting over it when the Great Anchor opened up above Imperial City. Then his husband took a position in a Fighters Guild in Valenwood. He sounds a bit unhappy about it, but he sighs like he'd be unhappy anywhere.

Latrina: I had to arm wrestle answers out of this one. I tell you, it takes a lizard's patience. She called Ayrenn the most likely ruler, and your Dominion the strongest alliance. She said whoever took the throne soonest would let her return home while there's still something left. Based on her smirks, I think she let me win a few rounds.

Fortunio Inaptus: He fled misfortune in Leyawiin with a friend, a Wood Elf who smuggled him into Dominion lands. He'd sooner sign allegiance than live on the run from the Justiciar, I gather.

Fallida: When Imperial City fell, the old lady asked obsessively after her grandaughter-in-law. The Covenant found no trace of her. The Pact ignored her pleas. A month later, the Dominion found only a bracer, marked inside with a single letter. It was nothing, she said, but at least it meant they tried, while she had nearly given up. She sounds so sincere. But friend, I trust this one the least.

Highest regards,

Wets-Toes-Slowly
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tsaescishoeshiner, those are awesome characters!
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dearest Alandril,

Bad news, beeko.

It worked, and now you have to admit I was right. You were so sure that sailing with the Imperial transports in scholar's regalia would earn their trust, but nothing gets Imperial lips flapping like a drunk-sounding saxhleel and a sloppy pat on the back. People trust those they think incapable of manipulation. I get the sense some of these Imperials think even less of saxhleel than your friends in Shimmerene do.

They all told me why they're coming to Summerset, just like you asked. Don't worry, I'll leave you my reports without further commentary. But I hope you'll join us at the dice tables when I get there. Bring your finest of finest robes, friend. Who knows, maybe they'll just help.

Quattria: Dominion recruiters caught her at the gate to Cyrodiil. She wants to help fight the Daedra on the frontlines. Grief has made her grow impatient, but determined.

Nathias: The bumbling scholar couldn't decide for years between joining the Dominion or the Pact to research the Ayleids. He was still fretting over it when the Great Anchor opened up above Imperial City. Then his husband took a position in a Fighters Guild in Valenwood. He sounds a bit unhappy about it, but he sighs like he'd be unhappy anywhere.

Latrina: I had to arm wrestle answers out of this one. I tell you, it takes a lizard's patience. She called Ayrenn the most likely ruler, and your Dominion the strongest alliance. She said whoever took the throne soonest would let her return home while there's still something left. Based on her smirks, I think she let me win a few rounds.

Fortunio Inaptus: He fled misfortune in Leyawiin with a friend, a Wood Elf who smuggled him into Dominion lands. He'd sooner sign allegiance than live on the run from the Justiciar, I gather.

Fallida: When Imperial City fell, the old lady asked obsessively after her grandaughter-in-law. The Covenant found no trace of her. The Pact ignored her pleas. A month later, the Dominion found only a bracer, marked inside with a single letter. It was nothing, she said, but at least it meant they tried, while she had nearly given up. She sounds so sincere. But friend, I trust this one the least.

Highest regards,

Wets-Toes-Slowly
    Amazing work! Thanks for that, really helpful :)
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr