The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance locked campaings

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
Could anyone explain what's the point of these?
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭
    People can pvdoor and farm AP (ak the REAL pvp apparently) at different timeslots per faction during the day and night....

Literally, that is it... no real pvp happening there :D
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »

Even though troll-ridden and meme-ridden the locked campaign is the only true and valid FvFvF campaign.

FvFvF is NOT PvP and PvP is NOT FvFvF.

I hope that explains it for you.
    Edited by mague on March 12, 2020 8:19AM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can pvdoor and farm AP (ak the REAL pvp apparently) at different timeslots per faction during the day and night....

pvdoor? What's that? And what about the timeslots?
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea what are you talking about.
    I even read the description on the ZOS's support page and am even more confused.
    Maybe there's ELI5 version somewhere?
    mague wrote: »

Even though troll-ridden and meme-ridden the locked campaign is the only true and valid FvFvF campaign.

No it doesn't. What on earth is FvFvF?

Since when is players fighting players PvP?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvDoor is the concept of where you avoid to fight other players to capture empty keeps. Usually this is done during off-hours when very few players are online. PvDoor has the biggest impact on the outcome on who wins a campaign, since it usually take several hours before people start logging in to retake their keeps. It´s one of the main reasons why Cyrodil will never be competitive in any regards. If you ask me, the amount of AP you get from taking a keep should be in correlation to how many players where there to defend it, and on top of that remove the base 6k AP you get for taking an empty keep. Cyrodil is for PvP, not PvDoor against NPC´s.
  • thatESOdude
    thatESOdude
    ✭✭✭

Sorry I have absolutely no idea what are you talking about.
    I even read the description on the ZOS's support page and am even more confused.
    Maybe there's ELI5 version somewhere?
    mague wrote: »

No it doesn't. What on earth is FvFvF?

Since when is players fighting players PvP?

I embrace trolling but this was a 3 to 4 out of 10 :P

Do better :D
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming this is serious...

Cyrodiil is a Realm v Realm v Realm PVP zone like Dark Age of Camelot. (Or AvAvA or FvFvF depending on whether you use alliance/faction, whatever.)

At launch, all of the Cyrodiil campaigns were alliance locked. This means that players can only play characters of one alliance per campaign. There were lots of campaigns, so you could choose one to play your EP characters, one to play your DC characters, etc. The idea being that the campaigns are supposed to be fought between teams each supporting their faction over a 30 day or 7 day period with various rulesets.

With One Tamriel, ZOS also removed the alliance lock from the campaigns. Players could now play any of their alliance characters in the same campaign. This led to some interesting effects from multifaction play. While a number of players had a great deal of fun playing for multiple sides of the same campaign, Cyrodiil did drift away from that original idea of players fighting for their one Alliance over a long period of time. (Its more complex than that, as PVP performance and player expectations changed a lot over time. For example, Cyrodiil attracts a number of players who don't care about the scoring at all, they just want to fight, and so on. There's other players who were only there for the tier 1 campaign rewards.)

However, there were also a vocal number of players who wanted to go back to the original Alliance lock. With Elsweyr, ZOS decided to go back to the original Alliance lock, where players can only play for one alliance on that campaign. They since adjusted which campaigns are Alliance locked in response to player feedback and may continue to adjust them.

So at the moment:
    If you want to play CP PVP for one alliance: Gray Host is your campaign.
    If you want to play CP PVP for up to all three alliances in the same campaign, Ravenwatch is your place.
    If you want to play No CP, you only have the option to play without alliance lock because ZOS hasn't offered a second No CP campaign since Morrowind.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, that makes a bit more sense.
    I guess it doesn't matter for people like me who only want the APs and levels.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, that makes a bit more sense.
    I guess it doesn't matter for people like me who only want the APs and levels.

Yep, bringng back alliance lock had the biggest impact on the players who, understandably, started playing for multiple factions on the shrinking number of campaigns after ZOS changed the campaigns to allow it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To stop folks cheating. Easy AP boosting, Emp flipping, playing against onself on quiet camps, spieing etc etc.

Sadly some people do shady stuff with the ability to flip flop about, so locking reduces the ability to do that. Doesn't stop it, but it helps..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the point. This is what unlocked campaigns look like

2:30 PM CET NO CP PC EU - Clearly everyone dog piled into AD, making it absurdly boring for AD, and very frustrating for DC and EP.

89305000_1312274362494711_6502891287157407744_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQnMRSS9d1JSLgVFQJG_T0HjMwre4-x9bWk2NiR267bSvNkwgRzey5Dx1XDIo7ChWfE&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.xx&oh=1bf76943db0b0385822683e43f24ce56&oe=5E93BC74

2:30 AM CET NO CP PC EU - Everyone dog piles into DC, making it impossible to play on AD without being swarmed for 40 person zergs, and frustrating for EP to play.

89473464_1312274292494718_8909619294287953920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQntDuHpPhqPuJ6SUzKMqTmN-q3LOgATpMS8O0nPYyTT38MqGJmmnvhtWCUFobawBB8&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=7d014baf179302162dadab69b290460c&oe=5E9428A9

This is why locks are important, the gameplay in NO CP PC EU has become so absurdly lopsided its ridiculous. This was NEVER as much of an issue before they unlocked it. Now its just " dogpile into faction doing the best, and ruin the fun for everyone else "

@ZOS_GinaBruno , this is why it was a HORRIBLE idea to unlock the no cp campaigns , its just a struggle in futility most of the time now.
    Edited by TheFM on March 15, 2020 1:58PM
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, the campaign totally didn't look like this during the locked days ...

At least now i wouldn't have to sit there and watch "my" faction kill pvp. I could just go and fight them (if i were still playing that unplayable mess).
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Yea, the campaign totally didn't look like this during the locked days ...

At least now i wouldn't have to sit there and watch "my" faction kill pvp. I could just go and fight them (if i were still playing that unplayable mess).

It happened in far smaller dimensions. There was a select few that did it, otherwise it was a far more balanced amount of players.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

2:30 PM CET NO CP PC EU - Clearly everyone dog piled into AD, making it absurdly boring for AD, and very frustrating for DC and EP.

89305000_1312274362494711_6502891287157407744_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQnMRSS9d1JSLgVFQJG_T0HjMwre4-x9bWk2NiR267bSvNkwgRzey5Dx1XDIo7ChWfE&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.xx&oh=1bf76943db0b0385822683e43f24ce56&oe=5E93BC74

2:30 AM CET NO CP PC EU - Everyone dog piles into DC, making it impossible to play on AD without being swarmed for 40 person zergs, and frustrating for EP to play.

89473464_1312274292494718_8909619294287953920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQntDuHpPhqPuJ6SUzKMqTmN-q3LOgATpMS8O0nPYyTT38MqGJmmnvhtWCUFobawBB8&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=7d014baf179302162dadab69b290460c&oe=5E9428A9

This is why locks are important, the gameplay in NO CP PC EU has become so absurdly lopsided its ridiculous. This was NEVER as much of an issue before they unlocked it. Now its just " dogpile into faction doing the best, and ruin the fun for everyone else "

@ZOS_GinaBruno , this is why it was a HORRIBLE idea to unlock the no cp campaigns , its just a struggle in futility most of the time now.

Welcome to 3 campaigns of Oceanic locked pvp. Oh wait, you were trying to make a point about how no locks are bad? Well, guess that argument falls on its face since we got that on Kaal after the lock. Can even show screenshots myself.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Welcome to 3 campaigns of Oceanic locked pvp. Oh wait, you were trying to make a point about how no locks are bad? Well, guess that argument falls on its face since we got that on Kaal after the lock. Can even show screenshots myself.

Almost no one from Oceanic plays on PC EU. Also, the first was during the day in the EU, as in Aussies are all sleeping then, so it doesnt change the fact that people are faction hopping so hard now that its nearly impossible for other factions to do anything.
    Edited by TheFM on March 15, 2020 5:59PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People asked for it. That was the specific reason Zos gave when they announced they would bring back faction locks.

Some players have suggested players were exploiting this but that does not seem to be near levels of concern for Zos. If Zos truly thought players were exploiting being able to play more than one faction we would not have campaigns without locks.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    People asked for it. That was the specific reason Zos gave when they announced they would bring back faction locks.

Some players have suggested players were exploiting this but that does not seem to be near levels of concern for Zos. If Zos truly thought players were exploiting being able to play more than one faction we would not have campaigns without locks.

At this point pc EU no cp is a bad joke. It's just absurd zerg surfing 24/7. Either DC is full and no one stands achance, ep is full and no one stands a chance, or ad is full and no one stands a Chance. Hell, I saw arc streamer try to get online during the DC surf and he had a queue of 80! And the other factions were half or completely empty. It's absurd.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC with a queue of 80, yea right. It seems like you are talking about the locked CP campaign actually.

I haven't played much since the update, but whenever i was online, noCP was more balanced population and score wise than the cp campaign and i haven't experienced a long queue on DC side outside of events since i'm playing the game (~ 3 years). Most of the time there has been no queue at all (since prime time is typically DC's "weak" time).

But maybe things have changed in that one week i didn't play so i just logged in right now and what do i see:

unlocked noCP: all 3 sides poplocked (no queue on dc and ep, idk about AD), balanced map, relative close score (much closer than most months during locked times where we had up to 20k score difference between 1st and 2nd - which was the biggest imbalance the campaign had seen for a quite long time)

CP: AD and DC poplocked (the latter with a queue of 48!), EP 3 bars, much bigger score differences, DC with all scrolls and majority of the map.

So yea, looks like you are indeed talking about the wrong campaign.

(Not that it would be surprising to see more pvdoor considering the horrible performance makes actual pvp pretty much impossible)
    Edited by Rianai on March 15, 2020 6:57PM
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC with a queue of 80, yea right. It seems like you are talking about the locked CP campaign actually.

I haven't played much since the update, but whenever i was online, noCP was more balanced population and score wise than the cp campaign and i haven't experienced a long queue on DC side outside of events since i'm playing the game (~ 3 years). Most of the time there has been no queue at all (since prime time is typically DC's "weak" time).

But maybe things have changed in that one week i didn't play so i just logged in right now and what do i see:

unlocked noCP: all 3 sides poplocked (no queue on dc and ep, idk about AD), balanced map, relative close score (much closer than most months during locked times where we had up to 20k score difference between 1st and 2nd - which was the biggest imbalance the campaign had seen for a quite long time)

CP: AD and DC poplocked (the latter with a queue of 48!), EP 3 bars, much bigger score differences, DC with all scrolls and majority of the map.

So yea, looks like you are indeed talking about the wrong campaign.

(Not that it would be surprising to see more pvdoor considering the horrible performance makes actual pvp pretty much impossible)

Ist it currently 230 am or pm? 😅
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you really want to tell me DC has a queue of 80 at 2:30 am?
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost no one from Oceanic plays on PC EU. Also, the first was during the day in the EU, as in Aussies are all sleeping then, so it doesnt change the fact that people are faction hopping so hard now that its nearly impossible for other factions to do anything.

The same principle still applies. Guilds will log on and pvdoor the map when there is no competition.
    One logs off, another logs on. Locks or no locks. It STILL happens.
    WE didn't get those scenarios UNTIL the lock came in. So again, your argument is moot. Us OC actually took pride in being damage control.
    Edited by ellahellabella on March 15, 2020 7:43PM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

At this point pc EU no cp is a bad joke. It's just absurd zerg surfing 24/7. Either DC is full and no one stands achance, ep is full and no one stands a chance, or ad is full and no one stands a Chance. Hell, I saw arc streamer try to get online during the DC surf and he had a queue of 80! And the other factions were half or completely empty. It's absurd.

All campaigns are a bad joke. Zos has no idea how to balance anything.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you really want to tell me DC has a queue of 80 at 2:30 am?

Lol, im not even going to bother anymore. xD Youre going to argue in circles.

The same principle still applies. Guilds will log on and pvdoor the map when there is no competition.
    One logs off, another logs on. Locks or no locks. It STILL happens.
    WE didn't get those scenarios UNTIL the lock came in. So again, your argument is moot. Us OC actually took pride in being damage control.

Again, it was there before, but it wasnt as bad. Im one of those players that actually was messing around at 230 am, and before it was small groups of 12 or so versus small groups of 12 or so. Now its just dogpile into one faction and go nuts. But yeah, no matter how much evidence we show supporting why unlocking the campaign was a bad idea, you guys will ALWAYS say somethng to the contrary. So peace.
  • XxMissAlycexX
    XxMissAlycexX
    ✭✭✭

Most accurate description ever.

Its Huge ***.
    XxMissAlycexX - Xbox One - NA