The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An idea for crafting stations.

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I find it highly impractical to have to search each attuned station in a players house in order to find the desired set to craft. As seen below the sheer number of stations that have now been accumilated makes it overwhelming and nonsensical to have to search for the desired station. My answer to this is to rework the stations to make it just one station for each type (clothing, blacksmith etc) with a drop down menu for all the sets, attune tokens can then be bought instead of individual stations and added as required. Would like to hear what other people think about this and whether you share my frustrations.
attune.jpg
upload
Answer:
ATTUNE-3.png
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would have a pretty big impact on the economy.
    People are crafting and selling attunable stations. Creating one super crafting station would just eliminate the market and everyone could aquire all tables with one investment. (Making those attunment tokens tradeable is possible of course, but it still reduces the overall ammount by 75% because each token is for any crafting type)
    How do you compensate all those people, who have spent millions of gold, time, writs to collect all those tables that nobody is going to use anymore?
    Edited by thorwyn on March 11, 2020 9:25AM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [please delete]
    Edited by thorwyn on March 11, 2020 9:25AM
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    1. People are crafting and selling attunable stations. Creating one super crafting station would just eliminate the market and everyone could aquire all tables with one investment.
    2. This would make all overland crafting stations more or less redundant.
    3. This would make guild houses less interesting, because everyone could just set up this station in his personal house.

1. The tokens for attunes could be sold in guild stores
    2. It would have no impact on overland stations as you would still have to buy the tokens in order to attune a certain set.
    3. Most peoples personal house's would not have all the sets as it'd cost too much gold/money.
    4. The people with all the stations already would recieve all the set attune tokens so would lose nothing.
    Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on March 11, 2020 9:23AM
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4. The people with all the stations already would recieve all the set attune tokens so would lose nothing.

Incorrect, because they have spent 4 times the equivalent of one attuning token (4 different tables, now 1 token for all of them). Basically, the token are a 75% cost reduction. OK, you could raise the price for a token... true.

And they would end up with one large, empty house. :)
    Edited by thorwyn on March 11, 2020 9:29AM
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Incorrect, because they have spent 4 times the equivalent of one attuning token (4 different tables, now 1 token for all of them). Basically, the token are a 75% cost reduction. OK, you could raise the price for a token... true.

No, you would require tokens for each table,Woodwork, jewelery, blacksmith and clothing.
    So basically you would get the tokens by buying them for gold off of other players or from the crown store they could either be pre attuned or blank. If they aren't yet attuned you would have to take the token to the desired overland station in order to attune it then return it to your personal crafting station. They could be called attune stones or whatever, my friend who owns a guild house has had to change houses several times in order to fit the stations in and has taken hours on end to set up each time. It makes no logical sense to me especially as it leaves players searching for the right station amongst a maze of other stations.
    Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on March 11, 2020 9:39AM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are crafting and selling attunable stations. Creating one super crafting station would just eliminate the market and everyone could aquire all tables with one investment. (Making those attunment tokens tradeable is possible of course, but it still reduces the overall ammount by 75% because each token is for any crafting type)
    How do you compensate all those people, who have spent millions of gold, time, writs to collect all those tables that nobody is going to use anymore?

It doesn't have to impact the economy at all. As I have stated in other threads being able to consolidate crafting tables does not require a major change to the existing system. All that needs to be added is a table that can be upgraded and provide an optional mechanism for existing attunable crafting stations to be merged. This would allow people who want to consolidate their tables a means to do it, allow players who like tables fields to have them and would protect players prior investments. It would also minimize the amount of code that would have to be implemented by leaving the current purchase/sale/use mechanisms in place.
    - snip -

You would end up with a lot of free slots you could use to truly decorate your house.
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on March 11, 2020 2:26PM
  • Isskander
    Isskander
    ✭✭
    When i've seen this farms of crafting stations was thinking about the same.. furthermore game by it self would benefit as data will be taken from 1 place not multiplying custom area textures => less lag, more memory & all would be happy so totaly agree.

But to do that ZOS would have to push some effort to it .. dunno if it could happen ..