The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dizzy Swing draining all resources + oneshot

Raudgrani
Raudgrani
✭✭✭✭✭
Xbox EU.

Getting news about a spreading trend today, started in BG's, and is now in Cyrodiil. Short explanation is:

Guy uses Dizzy Swing, targets Magicka and Stamina goes to 0% (from 100% or whatever value you have), then dies. They are mega tanky too, can hardly be damaged at all. As far as I've heard, they are not "good players" either, but random trash who can even have problems actually landing a Dizzy Swing. So it's clearly not a matter of skill. Have seen videos, but can't share them here because of "name and shame" policy.

So what's this all about? Afaik. there's no set or skills draining resources like that, and noone Dizzy Swing oneshots a decent player over and over, not from full health and full resources. Anyone seen this yet, and does anyone have an idea what this is all about? Doesn't seem like anything a new set could do. By all likelihood an exploit/glitch or whatever. It surely ain't normal, going through block and draining all Magicka AND Stamina and knocks you out a second and a half later. No way.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that's an exploit, most likely it's simply desync. By the time your resource bars go down to 0 you're dead, but the client doesn't get all needed information from the server to show that. I remember playing vMA with high latency and at some point both magicka and stamina would go to 0, my movement speed will increase, then a few seconds later I will drop dead, with 10 attacks from mobs seeming to land all at once. Just look at your recap to see what actually hit you.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how do you kill a seasoned player with a well equipped character with one Dizzy Swing? No heavy attacks, no major fracture no nothing. The guy just runs around, blindly spamming Dizzy Swing and nothing else, getting +30 kills and 0 deaths in a match. From 100%-0% health, one Dizzy Swing? I didn't even suffer such deaths when I was lvl 120'ish going to Cyrodiil.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that's possible. On a fully buffed stamina character Dizzy Swing has a tool tip of around ~6k in no-CP and ~7.5k in CP. Heavy attacks are ~3.5k and ~4.5k respectively. But those are halved by battle spirit. So at most you'll get ~13k damage from those skills, considering you're naked. If you have armor and you're fully buffed, let's say 15k resistance, you won''t get more than 10k, mayb 12-13k if they both crit, and you have impenetrable. So that's not possible.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I doubt that's possible. On a fully buffed stamina character Dizzy Swing has a tool tip of around ~6k in no-CP and ~7.5k in CP. Heavy attacks are ~3.5k and ~4.5k respectively. But those are halved by battle spirit. So at most you'll get ~13k damage from those skills, considering you're naked. If you have armor and you're fully buffed, let's say 15k resistance, you won''t get more than 10k, mayb 12-13k if they both crit, and you have impenetrable. So that's not possible.

Exactly. I was highly skeptic to these claims too, until I saw a video of it. I also suggested the classical desync death, but it didn't look like that. I can't think of anything newly added either, sets/abilities, that would explain it.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you post the video here? Or at least a picture of the death recap?

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know what you mean, this has been around for a while and is part of the dizzy swing combo. If the person’s Ult is up then with dizzy + onslaught + executioner it’s a one shot on most builds.

Dizzy’s tooltip should also be closer to 8-10k in no-CP.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • OrderoftheDarkness
    OrderoftheDarkness
    ✭✭✭
    Your words make sense. I've already seen a similar miracle on PC, the person doesn't even use execution. I just didn't pay attention to it and I don't know what it is, because I'm not interested in finding things that can be exploit and that will carry me. In General, after reviewing PTS, I realized that I would not be interested in pvp in this patch.
    I can only add that it is possible to access major berserk and stack all possible sources of increased damage, but this does not apply to resource depletion. Although I can't say for sure whether these things affect all possible resource depletion (I only mean drain health. Here lies the possibility of improving debuff Lifesteal, which I would like to see in future changes. After all, this is debuff. It must not be just a healing). I didn't have a chance to check.
    Edited by OrderoftheDarkness on March 13, 2020 8:58PM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we get a video of this? haven't seen what is being described.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't share the video, as it's "uncensored". And I haven't been killed myself. But I'll ask two guys I've been talking to, to take a look at this topic and tell you details I can't.
    Apparently, at least two users are running around with this typ of "build" in BG's today, and word is it's in the 30 day campaign in Cyrodiil too. If I get blasted, I'll make sure to take a screenshot of the death recap and such. ;-)

Have a feeling it might have something to do with changes to Dizzy Swing. I have been knocked back several times as late as yesterday, like the old Dizzy Swing. Knocked BACK, not down as in Off Balance -> HA -> knocked DOWN. Might be wrong(?), but that shouldn't be possible now? If this is still a thing, there's no limit to how bugged it might be, and someone might know how to exploit that.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lol I got one shot twice on PC NA from a bug that is hard to reproduce, but you know...someone will do it :D The damage seemed to be bugged in a way that it will always kill you no matter what. Oops, almost went into specifics...
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Can't share the video, as it's "uncensored".

oh you can share youtube link via pm
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trick to landing dizzy swing at all in pvp is make sure you hit tab to target the guy you want to hit first, otherwise its almost never going to hit.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been telling people other abilities cause desync and not just snipe.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I posted about it being broken in another thread , so it’s not just me that experienced it
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    I've been telling people other abilities cause desync and not just snipe.

Right now EVERYTHING causes desync. I think when they moved blocking animation to the server, it was the last straw for the server and client trying to stay in sync.