Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Anyone noticed german speaking NPCs..?

Inversus
Inversus
✭✭✭✭✭
My settings are English, and almost all NPCs speak English... But a few NPC speakers randomly start speaking German when I talk to them.
Anyone else noticed this..?
VR14 EH Sorc
VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did for one quest was rather pissed. I pay for an American version of the game not german.
  • yetskiiub17_ESO
    This happened to me in the Group Dungeon in I beleive it was Shadowfen. Was funny
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it with the guardian npcs in Glenumbra. Fortunately most of the quest is in english text as well. I just miss out on whatever it is they're yelling in combat.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »
    I've seen it with the guardian npcs in Glenumbra. Fortunately most of the quest is in english text as well. I just miss out on whatever it is they're yelling in combat.

I have also seen this with the Guardian NPCs in Glenumbra.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did for one quest was rather pissed. I pay for an American version of the game not german.

It's just the Guardians voices. They comprise about 0.00001% of your playtime. Think you're overreacting just a touch.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Glenumbra ... where you have to heal the Wyrd tree - the "spirits" speak German.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me in the Group Dungeon in I beleive it was Shadowfen. Was funny
    Shimond wrote: »

Yeah, these are the ones I noticed.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Zarinwen
    Zarinwen
    Soul Shriven
    Yes I have heard the Guardian npcs in Glenumbra speaking German, however the text is in English. It made me remember being in Germany & only knowing a few words of their language, however anyone who spoke English wanted to talk with me.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just the Guardians in Glenumbra. I thought it was funny. It's just a bug, I'm sure it will be fixed eventually.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    The guardian in Glenumbra is deliberate. I actually liked it. I think it adds flavor to the game.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swapping the named voice file on your PC for 'guardians' (swapping the German one and English one around) fixes this. If you happen to have the game in German mode they speak English, looks like a simple naming mistake. They will fix it one day.
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Swapping the named voice file on your PC for 'guardians' (swapping the German one and English one around) fixes this. If you happen to have the game in German mode they speak English, looks like a simple naming mistake. They will fix it one day.

How do you do this?