The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Falinesti - what happened to it?

Bonzodog01
Bonzodog01
✭✭✭✭✭
Do we ever get to find out exactly what happened to Falinesti, the bosmer "walking city"?

There seems to be some suggestion that its been taken to a plane of Oblivion, but I haven't seen much beyond that.
Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of Rajin's shadows pulled it out of Tamriel and hid it somewhere (unknown exactly where) to punish a high elf named Nairume for spurning his advances.
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    It reappears eventually, but I'm not certain when.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Khajiiti God of Tricks, or whatever he's really called tried to get this Elf woman to leave her Husband for his loins, but the more she refused, the more he pushed. (Typical No means Yes attitude) Eventually she refused him so much that he took away her home (the city) and all it's people as punishment for not jumping his bone. The city itself is in some plane of Oblivion.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you read all the Lore Books at those sites?

https://www.imperial-library.info/search/node/Falinesti type:book

Note there is a quest, kind of tucked away, in Greenshade related to a walking city.

Edited by Nestor on July 21, 2017 6:25PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have done all the Falinesti quests, but on that first one, its kind of suggested that Rajin, being a trickster god, may well have been lying about him being the one that pulled it into oblivion. Mind you, no other daedric prince has claimed responsibility either. I'm just wondering if there are any clues maybe in the other games about it.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being pessimistic, it vanished because no one could figure out how to make it walk and still have it be a visit-able location. Maybe we'll get it in a future DLC?

I remember the Imga were supposed to have gone with it, but that came from Cirantille who seems to be a scholastic fraud as far as I can tell. It's been ages since I did these quests though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being pessimistic, it vanished because no one could figure out how to make it walk and still have it be a visit-able location. Maybe we'll get it in a future DLC?

errm, no. Before vanishing it consistently walked to specific sites in Valenwood each season (Falinesti WInter site, summer site, etc.). And as stated above, the city was hidden away by Rajihn's shadow.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was looking for answers and found this topic. Will we ever find out where the city
    In oblivion is and will they ever make a quest around this?

Thoughts about this?
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will find out in a future DLC coming to the crown store near you!!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the real reason its not around is, they couldn't make it happen, so they had to invent a excuse as to why it wasn't there. I don't typically like these sorts of things, because I am made hyper aware that its technical limitations and not actually lore and story that is the reason it isn't there, but it's as good an excuse as any. Most likely we will never see a quest or DLC about it, but if we do it will be a dungeon so that way they don't have to make a actual moving city.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we'll finally have a full DLC about it. Somewhat Falinesti could be stuck in mountains, the last parts of Valenwood that are not displayed in game
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;