The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Syvarras Scales

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been looking for Syvarras Scales in light or heavy on PS4 NA server, I know they're tied into the thieves guild heist quest which unfortunately I don't have a NB so it gets rather difficult to finish without being noticed and failing to recieve the purple lot bag. I have also checked every trader and did not find one single piece of light or heavy at all.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe those pieces drop from bosses and mobs in Hew’s Bane. It might take some farming of delves and world bosses and some treasure chest looting to get what you need.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe those pieces drop from bosses and mobs in Hew’s Bane. It might take some farming of delves and world bosses and some treasure chest looting to get what you need.

Medium only drops from bosses and mobs, heavy and light drop only from heist quest.
    Edited by regime211 on March 12, 2020 4:58AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor Syvarra’s is a very rare find, @regime211.

I would know ... I had to farm my heavy set of Bahraha’s Curse exclusively from heists.

Any chance of wearing something else instead that’s easier to farm??

Plague Slinger has a similar 5-piece effect ... and you can use jewelry/weapons which leaves your other set for light armor.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light armor Syvarra’s is a very rare find, @regime211.

I would know ... I had to farm my heavy set of Bahraha’s Curse exclusively from heists.

Any chance of wearing something else instead that’s easier to farm??

Plague Slinger has a similar 5-piece effect ... and you can use jewelry/weapons which leaves your other set for light armor.

This is specifically for a mag toon, I just find it ridiculous that a set that is " Bind on Equip" is being tied behind heist which have a small chance of even dropping a random piece of that specific weight, yet allow overland and delve bosses to only drop specifically medium, and then only allow you to get baharas curse in heavy through the main quest ( which I got more heavy pieces in that then heist) you would think light and heavy syvarras scales should just be bound if it's only obtainable from heist.
    Edited by regime211 on March 12, 2020 5:23PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syvarra’s Scales is definitely not best in slot on a magicka toon.

But, if it’s that important to you, you’re going to have to buckle down and do heists.

You do one heist each day on every toon. Each of those toons can bring an unlimited amount of crafted invisibility potions. It gets easier after awhile ... since you can pick up the guard movement patterns.

It’s also possible, albeit expensive, to buy level-ups in Legerdemain and Thieves Guild skill lines through the Crown Store.

Farming heists is no different than farming Maelstrom Arena for a Winterborn Ice Staff or Elemental Succession Inferno Staff.

The Elemental Succession Inferno Staff I have.

The Winterborn Ice Staff has eluded me after 70+ Arena runs. ;)

Bottom Line: I don’t think ZOS is going to be changing the drop rate in Hew’s Bane anytime soon ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 12, 2020 6:49PM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These sets will help your non-NB characters to complete the Heist without being noticed:
    https://eso-sets.com/set/night-mothers-embrace
    https://eso-sets.com/set/night-terror
    https://eso-sets.com/set/vesture-of-darloc-brae
    https://eso-sets.com/set/shadow-dancers-raiment (if you are not a vampire)
    https://eso-sets.com/set/nights-silence (craftable)

If you are a vampire i would recommend to run 5 pieces of Night mother's embrace, 4 Darloc and 3 night terror. If not then use Night's silence instead of Night mother.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Btw if you get noticed you can always abandon the quest and start over.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syvarra’s Scales is definitely not best in slot on a magicka toon.

But, if it’s that important to you, you’re going to have to buckle down and do heists.

You do one heist each day on every toon. Each of those toons can bring an unlimited amount of crafted invisibility potions. It gets easier after awhile ... since you can pick up the guard movement patterns.

It’s also possible, albeit expensive, to buy level-ups in Legerdemain and Thieves Guild skill lines through the Crown Store.

Farming heists is no different than farming Maelstrom Arena for a Winterborn Ice Staff or Elemental Succession Inferno Staff.

The Elemental Succession Inferno Staff I have.

The Winterborn Ice Staff has eluded me after 70+ Arena runs. ;)

Bottom Line: I don’t think ZOS is going to be changing the drop rate in Hew’s Bane anytime soon ...

Thing is people don't know how to theory craft in this game and are always going after the Meta or just plain magicka sets for a mag toon. Any set can be BIS if you know how to use it with other sets. And I was lucky enough to get my first piece from someone today.