Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The ESO Community Reacts to Dark Heart of Skyrim & Greymoor!"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
97a5278ceebbe1c5795f24c5d1e3e124.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "The ESO Community Reacts to Dark Heart of Skyrim & Greymoor!" blog article.

We were thrilled with the community’s reaction to the announcement of the Dark Heart of Skyrim adventure and Greymoor Chapter, and since the big show, we’ve seen tons of amazing reaction videos, fan art, and fun!
Staff Post
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should put the stream Fengrush did during the announcement, most proper reaction as endgame PvE/PvP player :smiley:
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    You should put the stream Fengrush did during the announcement, most proper reaction as endgame PvE/PvP player :smiley:

Lemme guess, ton of sarcasm, jokes, and insults?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Czekoludek wrote: »

Lemme guess, ton of sarcasm, jokes, and insults?

Little sarcasm, tons of jokes, not so many insults. But his stream was definietely more intresting then the official one. I must admit the announcement of Greymoor was quite boring, especially when you compare Morrowind, Summerset or Elsweyr
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    97a5278ceebbe1c5795f24c5d1e3e124.jpg
    This is the official discussion thread for "The ESO Community Reacts to Dark Heart of Skyrim & Greymoor!" blog article.

We were thrilled with the community’s reaction to the announcement of the Dark Heart of Skyrim adventure and Greymoor Chapter, and since the big show, we’ve seen tons of amazing reaction videos, fan art, and fun!

@ZOS_SarahHecker

What about the community's reaction to the PTS changes?
    The terrible reaction to the dragon leap change?
    The terrible reaction to the overall clunkiness of animation cancelling?
    The terrible reaction to block?
    The terrible reaction to Off Balance change?
    The terrible reaction to the indirect nerfs to Armor of Truth and Dizzy Swing 15s cooldown via Off Balance immunity change?
    The terrible reaction to battle grounds removal of queuing with friends.

And then you have the continued terrible reactions from previous updates that don't get addressed like:
    The terrible reaction to cast times on Death Stroke (and morphs), Dawnbreaker (and morphs), Soul Assault, Berserker Strike, etc.
    The terrible reaction to the faction lock on the only populated pvp campaign.

I can keep going but I don't see the point. You have plenty of glaring problems but you continue to ignore them and all the feedback to instead choose to hype your game that is largely dying. It doesn't matter how many youtube content creators you get to make videos made up out of cut-scenes and other player's gameplay while parroting the same talk-point narrative as everyone else associated with the propaganda spewage. You are not fooling us.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to the vampire skill line rework and the vampire lord especially the feeding animation been saying since day 1 should be like skyrim 🙂
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be cool to actually find Greymoor and start playing. Spent an hour scouring the map and traveling around "Nord country" to no avail. Finally gave up and started playing another game. It looks as though I lost $60.00. I should learn to NEVER prepay ever again. But isn't America's system of trade set up to screw the consumer in some way, shape, or manner? When will I learn!!!!!?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FixedBlade123 Is that a troll comment? It looks like a troll comment.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    @FixedBlade123 Is that a troll comment? It looks like a troll comment.

Nope! I pre-paid for Greymoor around a month ago. Waited all morning for the update to process. Signed into the ESO Online after work. And searched diligently for Greymoor for about an hour until I finally gave up. Searched and searched the Tamriel map and traveled from place to place looking for some clue as to where Greymoor is. No luck!!!
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greymoor isn't released until May / June.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FixedBlade123 well, just in case you're being serious;

The Chapter (Greymoor) doesn't release until may for pc, june for console.

Greymoor is not the name of a location, but the name of the chapter. We will be getting Solitude in Skyrim and other nearby areas.

This current update is for the two new dungeons in the Harrowstorm DLC, which kick off the story for Greymoor.
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    @FixedBlade123 well, just in case you're being serious;

The Chapter (Greymoor) doesn't release until may for pc, june for console.

Greymoor is not the name of a location, but the name of the chapter. We will be getting Solitude in Skyrim and other nearby areas.

This current update is for the two new dungeons in the Harrowstorm DLC, which kick off the story for Greymoor.

Well I guess I'm confused then @LukosCreyden because I prepaid $60.00 for the next, big addition a couple of months ago. Then day before yesterday, the game was offline from 2:00AM until who knows when as a large update of some sort took place. When I got home from work and signed in, I had a large "Greymoor" title page on my screen and the announcement that "now starts a year-long event" ... blah, blah, blah. I've been a gold member and a "plus" member since ESO game launch 6 or 7 years ago. Are you saying that I also have to pay for the Harrowstorm DLC before my "year long" event is accessible?

Nothing on my map indicates that there is any new area or dungeons. There's no Solitude or Skyrim or Harrowstorm anywhere on my map. I thought maybe the new addition would be similar to Clockwork City or Coldharbour but, nope, not there. Oh well. I thought Gold and/or Plus members got DLCs as part of the package deal. I guess I was wrong. The thousands of dollars I've already pumped into this game isn't quite enough. They need to squeeze out just a little more.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @FixedBlade123

Ok. The reason you have the new title screen is because the launch of the DLC dungeons marks the start of the new season.

As an ESO+ member, you will have access to these 2 new dungeons without any further need to pay. You can find them on your map. One is in Alik'r Desert, the other is up north of the map (haven't checked yet). Look for Unhallowed Grave and Icereach.

The thing you pre-ordered isn't out yet, so you will not be able to play it yet.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FixedBlade123

Ok. The reason you have the new title screen is because the launch of the DLC dungeons marks the start of the new season.

As an ESO+ member, you will have access to these 2 new dungeons without any further need to pay. You can find them on your map. One is in Alik'r Desert, the other is up north of the map (haven't checked yet). Look for Unhallowed Grave and Icereach.

The thing you pre-ordered isn't out yet, so you will not be able to play it yet.

Also IIRC the new dungeons that are released usually have some sort of quest starter in your Collections Menu?
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    @FixedBlade123

Thanks for your time and explanation. I was just going to see if I could find that dungeon but can no longer sign into the game. My credit card was charged automatically for my "plus" membership yesterday but when I signed in last night ... I am no longer a "plus" member according to ESO. I thought maybe there was a glitch so I signed out; unplugged my console; restarted my console; tried to sign back in and haven't been able to sign in ever since. Here it is the next day and I still can't get in. One would think that after 6 or 7 years ZOS would have these sorts of issues fully and completely resolved.

Oh well ... over and out (signs off while shaking head in disgust and bewilderment).
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FixedBlade123 Are you Xbox by any chance? Because if so that's a know issue (check the big, bad, red forum banner).
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    @FixedBlade123 Are you Xbox by any chance? Because if so that's a know issue (check the big, bad, red forum banner).

Saw the banner. Two days straight! Still not able to play under the circumstances. Wonder what sort of compensation ZOS plans on giving to "Plus" players who are all paid up. Free skin or motif or mount or gold?