The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

what should i do with my crafted gears for experience?

KoSeKu
KoSeKu
✭✭✭
so i am new to game and i am leveling my crafting skills by crafting some items but i dont want to deconstruct them because it barely gives me exp back, i dont want to vendor them too because its too much loss, so i am trying to find a place to sell or trade them with players but i cant find any. what am i supposed to do with them?
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To sell to other players you can either join a guild and then list the item(s) you want to sell or offer them in zone chat.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to level crafting skills, you're better off simply deconstructing the trash gear that drops. It gives more inspiration than crafting gear.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to level Gear Crafting, and Enchanting, is to deconstruct mob loot. Making gear gives little Inspiration. Now, deconning the gear you made on one alt with another alt gives the Inspiration you expect. But you are still better farming mobs for loot.

Best mobs to farm are Zombies and Bloodspawn as they are squishy, and respawn fast, and drop gear, gold and glyphs.

Alchemy is best leveled making potions
    Provisioning is best leveled making the highest level Green Recipes you can.
    Enchanting, make the Glyphs on one character, decon on another character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could also pass it onto another character of yours, they'll receive full decon bonuses for it.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • KoSeKu
    KoSeKu
    ✭✭✭
    thanks i think i will stop crafting since the game is empty and noone responds my wts announcments
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KoSeKu wrote: »
    thanks i think i will stop crafting since the game is empty and noone responds my wts announcments

Are you not on PC/NA? maybe no one wants to buy becuase you cannot craft gear they want to buy yet? Crafting good CP160 set gear is a big time investment, and you most likely can't yet.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Selling stuff via zone chat is tricky. It's not something people don't do by any means, but it's most commonly used either for bulk crafting materials, or big/currently relevant items (current mask style drops, event drops, etc.) and definitely not as easily done as using a guild trader. People might just not be buying what you're selling.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, dont stop. Do your daily crafting missions and the research and deconstruct all your loot. You have to adventure or you dont get enough skill points to fill the crafting trees.
  • KoSeKu
    KoSeKu
    ✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »

No, dont stop. Do your daily crafting missions and the research and deconstruct all your loot. You have to adventure or you dont get enough skill points to fill the crafting trees.

you are right, i totoaly forgot about craft dailies, i was neglecting them until you changed my mind
    dazee wrote: »

Are you not on PC/NA? maybe no one wants to buy becuase you cannot craft gear they want to buy yet? Crafting good CP160 set gear is a big time investment, and you most likely can't yet.

i am on EU and i am selling white gear with no treats or enchant etc becauuse i dont have the ingredients or researchs yet to craft a good item
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

i am on EU and i am selling white gear with no treats or enchant etc becauuse i dont have the ingredients or researchs yet to craft a good item

Then what you're selling is simply not something many people will want to buy. You'd have to find someone who wants to buy your stuff to decon to level their own crafting via zone chat, and those people are overshadowed by those trading with friends/guildies, buying from guild traders, and those that favor using intricate gear for the purpose. It's unfortunately just not a very lucrative market.
  • bakthi
    bakthi
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's a hard sell. My first character, I just used whatever pieces dropped in Training trait. Now that character crafts 5-piece bonus sets for any new characters, e.g. once a new magicka-based character leaves the tutorial, they suit up in 5 Julianos and 5 Seducer.

I have managed to sell white/green non-set level 1 Training gear on a guild store, but sometimes it didn't sell, even for almost nothing.

I make money from crafting, but it's not from selling things to other people; it's from daily writs. I also loot everything (unless I'm in a group riding across Cyrodiil, etc.) and so tend to be able to craft all potions, food, etc. for my characters without buying a thing.
    Army of me:
    CP810+: Breton Templar healer, Redguard stamina Warden, Imperial DK tank, Altmer magicka Sorceror, Orc stamina Sorceror/werewolf, Nord Necromancer tank, Khajit TG/DB Nightblade, Bosmer stamina Necromancer, Argonian Warden healer, Dunmer magicka DK, Nord Nightblade tank
    Second account, CP400+: Breton magicka Warden, Nord Nightblade healer/solo vampire, Bosmer stamina Templar/werewolf, Dunmer magicka Necromancer, Orc stamina DK, Argonian Warden tank
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking to make gold from crafting, Crafting Writs are your best source. L50 or CP ranked characters, even when doing the lowest level writs, can clear 4600 to 5200 in gold per character per day. A little less if you do not have ESO Plus.

Research your traits, you need to at least 6 on each item to make gear most people will want. That will take a couple months, if you dont by research boosters in the crown store.

Edited by Nestor on March 12, 2020 2:01PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"