Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any decent roleplayer groups around?

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
My only experience with them so far has been stuck up cliques who will literally snub people they know zero about. Are there any actually nice, accepting, and decent roleplaying groups in the game? I don't know where to look, so if someone could point me in the right direction it'd be appreciated.

Sadly many in the RP community are extremely prone to being stuck up jerks, this has been a constant in every game with an RP community. However many games still have good RPers, and I'd like to find them here.

I am beginning to understand why RP gets a bad rep- nearly my entire experience with them makes Morrowind Dunmer look welcoming.
Edited by dazee on March 11, 2020 5:59PM
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The decent folk are usually RPing within their houses to avoid trolls and what not. They aren't rare but due to the nature of RP they usually aren't that big and don't recrute as much (there are limits to houses and etc for example). I for example met a lot of *** in the rp community but I made a friend therr that I still keep contact after 5y I met him (although we both dont rp anymore)

I recommend guild finder and make friends with the nice people you will eventually find, and then from there you will for certain find a guild that is more nice and all.

There's also events that are a nice place to find new guilds or friends to RP later. RPing with strangers are always prone to be a mess.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The decent folk are usually RPing within their houses to avoid trolls and what not. They aren't rare but due to the nature of RP they usually aren't that big and don't recrute as much (there are limits to houses and etc for example). I for example met a lot of *** in the rp community but I made a friend therr that I still keep contact after 5y I met him (although we both dont rp anymore)

I recommend guild finder and make friends with the nice people you will eventually find, and then from there you will for certain find a guild that is more nice and all.

There's also events that are a nice place to find new guilds or friends to RP later. RPing with strangers are always prone to be a mess.

But I dont know people who RP in ESO so I have no starting point to meet the decent RPers.

I had one friend who did but he vanished on me a long time ago. Last I heard him and his wife were having some major life issues and I'm still worried about them. He was one of my best friends and I wish he'd come back.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform are you on?
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering the same. Actually started putting together a crafting/rp guild so it would be nice to find some peeps in the meantime so I can start meeting more rp-ers!

Does PS4 NA have a lively/active rp community?
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    What platform are you on?

PC/NA.

From what I've seen thus far (on and off since pre one tamriel) the community is split between the trogdgolytes who troll and hate on RP (in an MMORPG no less) and stuck up and dickish so called RPers.. no one a mature human being would WANT to RP with.

If there is good RP, it must be hidden. Probably to avoid the neckbearded smelly trolls who havent left moms basement or showered since the time of the dinosaurs.
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    They posted an article about RP a while back https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57639
    Links there lead to ESO-RP.com, forums bursting with life and activity
  • Fawlcha
    Fawlcha
    ✭✭
    Sjestenka wrote: »
    They posted an article about RP a while back https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57639
    Links there lead to ESO-RP.com, forums bursting with life and activity

Gave the site a look. This is really, helpful. Thank-you.