The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Single bar for solo PvE Magblade

ian31416
ian31416
✭✭
Hi everyone
I'm a pretty rubbish player with poor co-ordination and slow reflexes. But despite that I like playing ESO - obviously solo PvE 'cos I'm not good enough to play in a group. My Main (and only) is a Khajiit Magblade and I don't want to start from scratch with something new.

On the forums and guidance sites I'd been repeatedly told that Magblades are very hard to play and need a really complex rotation. Well I tried, I really did. And I couldn't do it. I ended up giving up ESO for a while. Then I came back to it a few months back with a "well **** it , I'll do it just for fun" attitude, and settled on a single bar rotation that I could cope with. And I got more DPS from that than I had from a meta compatible rotation that kept going wrong. Mind you, it's still rubbish – below 20k on a target dummy; and it drops well below that when I'm trying to avoid red circles.

The thing is, it's more than adequate to handle all the purely solo PvE content (even Group Event Bosses in Public Dungeons, although some take a couple of attempts). All I have left for most Map Completions is Fishing (which I'm not interested in doing) and World Bosses. And it's with the WBs I need help. I've been in at the kill of all the WBs in the DLCs – by tagging on to one of the Zergs that do them. But the starter areas are largely deserted, so I really need to be able to solo the WBs there. I've done some of them, but I'm finding it hard, so I wondered if my single bar could be improved specifically for them? This is what I've got at the moment:

Merciless Resolve 40 secs (spectral bow whenever ready)
Siphoning Attacks 20 secs
Sap Essence 20 secs
Blockade of Fire 14 secs but I refresh every 10 secs
Swallow Soul Spammed (weave with LA)
Eye of Flame Ultimate

(all nice multiples of 10 secs)

Actually I do use a second bar, but I only swap to it when the boss is below 25%. It's the same except for:
Impale replaces Swallow Soul for the execute
Ice Comet replaces Eye of Flame (I use Eye of Flame initially because it centres on me as I move and helps with any adds, but Ice Comet has more single target damage)

I have looked at other skills, of course, but they never seem to quite meet my needs:
If only Dark Shade agroed the boss it would be really useful.
If I could cast Refreshing Path behind me as I kited the boss, that would be great.
I'm not sure whether Incapacitating Strike should replace Eye of Flame as its only single target.

So can you help me? Any ideas?

Thanks

• xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't help with specific magblade set up, but 1 thing that might help - Use the other morph of the destro ult. Eye of Flame is better for PvP. Put it on your backbar, put Ice Comet on front so you get the passive Mag regen + Max mag on your front bar just by having it slotted there.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • ian31416
    ian31416
    ✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Can't help with specific magblade set up, but 1 thing that might help - Use the other morph of the destro ult. Eye of Flame is better for PvP. Put it on your backbar, put Ice Comet on front so you get the passive Mag regen + Max mag on your front bar just by having it slotted there.

Thanks. I'll give that a try and see how it goes.