Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New player, sort of, some questions

theboz1419_ESO
I played DDO(server-Sarlona,Plastikman, Vallee Girl)for years and I was able to pick up the game fairly quickly, but this game on Xbox One has been a pretty steep learning curve, and of which I'm still trying to figure out. It's kinda sad that I tried ESO(Beta) and have been a forum member since 2013, DDO and other real life events kept me from playing.

Anyways, Now that I got my son(lol, that's what I told the wife, atleast)an Xbox one, I am trying to figure things out. I have made it to level 18, so far, and the general game itself I understand, from playing Skyrim. What I dont understand is trying to find everything, mainly quest. It seems like when I try to follow a waypoint on the compass to the the next point of the quest I'm constantly going from cart to cart, boat to boat and after about, what seems like 20 boat trips I finally get to where I want to go. I know I can fast travel but not really knowing where to go makes it hard to do, so just take the long route and of which it helps get to know the area.

Also, recently I had someone try to trade me a weapon for I believe for free and I could not figure out how to proceed, and so he basically left me there looking dumb, lol.

I have looked for websites and videos for new players and I have begun learning what I can, but I cant seem to find a good website that has a good interactive list of the quest. The Wiki's seem to just skim over the basics and dont really tell you much about the quest and locations, so any help with that would be awesome.

Anyways, its actually been pretty fun, I just kinda wish I had stayed playing. Since I cant play now, and i been up for 33 hours, it's time for bed.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all a bit weird due to mutiple starter locations.

Start the mainquest by going to the first city of you faction. For AD its Vulkhelguard. I am not sure about the other factions.

However, someone will offer you to meet his boss or so. Go to his boss (mark on the map) and....

From there on the game will guide you from zone to zone. Finish all of a zone (minus probably the overland bosses and group dungeons). Do the Main quests and all side quests. When you open the map there is also a little help about the zone achievements. If the zone drops an interessting set, then stay till you got what you need. Sets rule the game. Crafted and/or dropped.

Once you have done all zones of One Tamriel (Which is a lot) you go to Wrothgar, then to Goldcoast and Hews Bane, then Craglorn , then to Vvardenfell , then to Clockwork City, then Summersend, then Murkmire, then Northern Elsweyr and then southern and then to ...

In the welcome city like Vulkhelguard you start to learn crafting and maybe do a little run to Alinor on Summersend to learn Jewel crafting. Train your mount daily. From level 10 or 15 on you are allowed to enter Battlegrounds and Cyrodiil if you want to do PvP.

If you follow this you are up to one year of progress.

Edited by mague on March 10, 2020 9:59AM
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like when I try to follow a waypoint on the compass to the the next point of the quest I'm constantly going from cart to cart, boat to boat and after about, what seems like 20 boat trips I finally get to where I want to go. I know I can fast travel but not really knowing where to go makes it hard to do, so just take the long route and of which it helps get to know the area.

I use Journal/Quests and press 'X' to locate the quest target (although, caveat: in Murkmire I found this just highlighted the next journey start point, as you describe - the white door rather than quest marker). If I can fast travel there, fine, otherwise I found this page to be helpful in planning the trip.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Transport
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can have up to 25 active quests.

It's better to run one zone at a time, you can delete a quest from your journal and pick it back later.

As a new player, you should focus on the Prophet's quests first, then your alliance, fighters and mages guilds.

Some of the quests are DLC introduction, and will take you all around Tamriel, which can be troublesome if you don't have teleport points. You can ignore those until done with previous steps (see https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Prologue_Quests ).
  • theboz1419_ESO
    MerguezMan wrote: »
    You can have up to 25 active quests.

It's better to run one zone at a time, you can delete a quest from your journal and pick it back later.

Yeah,I have had 25 quest constantly, lol. I guess I'll delete them

Thanks guys

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should ask Zenimax to give the into quests a different icon and areal description liek "Intro to Wrothgar". Stuga and Co are able to fill the whole journal. Those have been intro quests for upcoming chapters and make no sense if you do them out of context.