Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Plus Price increase, Canada

Keeper71
Keeper71
Soul Shriven
When/where was it posted that ESO Plus was increasing to $19.99 a month or $55.99 for 3 months? Was a little shocked being used to paying $41.99 for 3 months to see an increase without a notice.

Keeper
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another increase? This is absurd.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still $172.99 for a year, according to my account page.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Keeper71
    Keeper71
    Soul Shriven
    Its $172.99 for a year on mine as well. (This is a good increase from the 12 month Plus price of last year)

Which, sorry, but that has nothing to do with it increasing from 14.99 to 19.99 a month without any notice.

3 month jumped from 41.99 to 55.99.

If you are going to setup an auto renew service, you are obligated to inform folks that there will be a price increase. If this was done, just point me to the email that was sent out to ESO Plus members. If not, please refund me the difference.

Thanks.

• Keeper71
    Keeper71
    Soul Shriven
    I see we are just going to play the ignore game. I guess I will have to call my cc company and file a complaint.
  • Keeper71
    Keeper71
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, so Playstation themselves does not have control over pricing, so it was an unannounced ESO increase of 33%. They cannot refund due to the subscription being "used" as it renews the day your old one expires.

So be warned, turn OFF your auto renew and determine when its up if you want to pay the increase. I can safely say this is the last ESO plus I will be paying for.

Your Credit card company, can and will dispute the charge as "Unauthorized" since the increase was not announced or communicated, but it requires that you change you cc number, which frankly is a huge hassle and not worth the $50 these folks just took.

I will be sure to spread this around so others do not get caught by the same unannounced increase.

• emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online: ESO Plus - 6 Months (6 Month) $077.99 Mon, Jan 20, 6:42 PM EST
    The Elder Scrolls Online: ESO Plus - 6 Months (6 Month) $103.99 Fri, Feb 28, 10:40 AM EST

1 month = 19.99
    3 = 55.99 /3 = $18.6
    6 = 103.99 / 6 = 17.33
    172.99 / 12 = 14.51 .

Wow , thats a huge jump. I am going to cancel my auto renew on this sub.

Is there a reason that they are price gouging people who can't afford to throe 172.99 at them in 1 shot?

I seriously want to know!

I'm pretty duck'n angry at this. it is as if they're saying, " the game is $15 a month... " while charging more for the shorter duration.
    I'd type more, but There are network issues I have to look at at work.
  • emeraldshado
    emeraldshado
    ✭✭✭
    cost is ~$5 more for PS4 vs PC.

$10.99 CAD gets you 7.50 worth of crowns pack.

1 month , $019.99 gets you 01,650 crowns. $020 -> $16.50 of crowns
    $019.99$ gets you 1,500 crowns. $020 --> $15.00 of crowns (crown pack, non sub)

$33.49 --> $30 of crowns.

3 months, $055.99 gets you 04,950 crowns. $056 -> $49.50 of crowns
    $053.49 gets you 5,550 crowns for $53.49 --> $55.00 crowns <-- best value - craft bag. get b4 they fix.

6 months, $103.99 gets you 09,900 crowns. $104 -> $99.00 of crowns

$133.49 --> $140 of crowns.

12 mnths, $172.99 gets you 19,800 crowns $173 -> $198.00 of crowns

if you can't afford 12 month sub, you have to decide if it is economically worth it for you to sub.

Members receive increased experience (full set of training gear and xp pots. is the perk worth it?)

faster crafting progression. (somewhere in the daily login rewards u get crafting gains.

bonus gold (1% like the imperial? they don't provide a number. )

you can also sign up to the eso + during the free events that they have. they usually offer it for a 1 week duration, when they offer it.

But the craft bag!!!! can be replaced by getting the trunks in imperial city (unless you want to hoard all the gear) . hold up to 1k tel var stones for 3* multiplier. start banking anything u have on you above 3k when your out roaming around.

Then when you fill the boxes, maybe sub for 1 month and cancel, and then repeat the process.

I would have the expectation that if they are charging this much, that when the next U.S recession hits, should CAD become par with USD, then cost will go back to being on PAR, but then i'm probably just delirious about fair payments.

if dungeon DLCs cost $20 to get $15.00 of crown pack ( or 1 month sub $20 16,50) , then the dungeons cost 15 crowns, andu cant afford the 7 dollar discount pet.

The other question would be, if you spent the 172.99 for 12 months at = 14.51 , what would you spend the $48 dollars saved on? internet bill? cell phone bill? half the PSN bill?

12 months play station is $70.
    03 month is $30

maybe i'm just sick of having my wallet opened up all the time.

• Keeper71
    Keeper71
    Soul Shriven
    My issue wasn't the price. If they would have warned me ahead of time stating that the price was going to increase, I probably would have paid it and not thought about it.

My biggest issue was the fact that there was no notification, no emails, nothing, just a 33% increase in the charge on my card.

Luckily it was only the 3 month option....

• Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls Online: ESO Plus - 6 Months (6 Month) $077.99 Mon, Jan 20, 6:42 PM EST
    The Elder Scrolls Online: ESO Plus - 6 Months (6 Month) $103.99 Fri, Feb 28, 10:40 AM EST

1 month = 19.99
    3 = 55.99 /3 = $18.6
    6 = 103.99 / 6 = 17.33
    172.99 / 12 = 14.51 .

Wow , thats a huge jump. I am going to cancel my auto renew on this sub.

Is there a reason that they are price gouging people who can't afford to throe 172.99 at them in 1 shot?

I seriously want to know!

I'm pretty duck'n angry at this. it is as if they're saying, " the game is $15 a month... " while charging more for the shorter duration.
    I'd type more, but There are network issues I have to look at at work.

Yeah, I was bowled over when I noticed this change last month. I usually got the 6 month sub for $77.99, now there's no option for Canadians to get any discount below $14.xx/month, and that price is only available if you pay the entire year, not something I care to do. I certainly don't feel ESO+ is worth $20/month. I was hard pressed at $15ish.
    Edited by Goddess_Althena on March 10, 2020 11:13AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone ever open a support ticket in order to try and get an answer? I think that pricing is handled by Bethesda (and Sony, Microsoft, and Valve), and the ticket system is a lot closer to Bethesda than I think the forum is.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Did anyone ever open a support ticket in order to try and get an answer? I think that pricing is handled by Bethesda (and Sony, Microsoft, and Valve), and the ticket system is a lot closer to Bethesda than I think the forum is.

I didn't, but I'd be interested to hear whether anyone else did and if they got a response.
  • Keeper71
    Keeper71
    Soul Shriven
    I talked to Sony and was told it was the publisher that set the pricing. I have heard no response from any tickets, emails or at least a nod from this post.
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭
    Canadian player here too, the sudden cost increase was definitely jarring. It's silly getting such minor discounts for buying longer subscriptions. I have switched to a monthy subscription, because im only saving $4 compared to the 3 month i used to purchase. Gonna decide soon whether to subscribe for a year or take a break from ESO.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeper71 wrote: »
    I talked to Sony and was told it was the publisher that set the pricing.

Ritual finger pointing. As I recall, there was a time when the ESO Plus was more expensive on one platform because their store set a higher price.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    In the UK...
    My ESO Plus 1 month subscription has just expired on PS4.
    I noticed that there is no discount for paying for 3 months subscription...

1 month subscription = £9.99.
    3 months subscription = £29.99. This isn't fair.

Please reduce the 3 months subscription to £25 to make it more enticing.

Thanks.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • HaymakerXtc
    HaymakerXtc
    ✭✭
    I have been on a few months hiatus (you know babies & kids) well finally found some time to return, but I have been and on and off subscription player (mostly due to crafting) since PC launch then PS4 launch. I have now noticed that the Canadian cost PER MONTH is $20!!! Come on that’s insanity. Literally subbed to this game for 5 years, purchased it on PC and PS4 and JUST yesterday finally managed to convince my best friend to try the game out. I went to re subscribe only to this disgusting unannounced price gouging increase.
    Well looks like it’s the Free to Play game for us. $15/mo is Already a premium Premium monthly sub for any game. Can I afford $5 extra, absolutely. Will I on principle, absolutely not. Way to take advantage of your loyal player base. Zenimax, you’re a complete joke.

Thanks for the push to stay free to play and casual ;) muah.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to sub to Final Fantasy 14 online.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks to be sure, but blame the value of our dollar, not ZOS.