Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

More musical instruments please!

LarZen
LarZen
✭✭✭
I just love the musical instruments in the game. What instruments you say?

In chat type:
/lute
/flute
/drum

Am I the only one who love this? I really hope they add more in the time ahead. I know singing would be difficult with all the different voices. But some humming could work..

All I know is I love it! And I would love to have more of it :)
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to be able to sync these together so when several people play instruments it isn't just a jumble of notes. I thought I was able to do that once in beta, but maybe I was dreaming it or something >.>
  • LarZen
    LarZen
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that would be cool. They could add bard books around in the world to collect. And add a Bard tree under World in Skills. Would be allot of fun :smiley:
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to be able to sync these together so when several people play instruments it isn't just a jumble of notes. I thought I was able to do that once in beta, but maybe I was dreaming it or something >.>

Generally, a lute/flute/drum combo isn't terribly discordant, although the drums are usually off. Two lutes or flutes aren't bad either. But as with any instrument in real life, unless you have 3 or more playing the same thing, some notes are going to clash.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Tarkus
    Tarkus
    really, more instruments would be nice
    /Kurzweil PC3K8
  • Cwynlaen
    Cwynlaen
    ✭✭
    Is there anyway we can get the .abc / button-pressing music system that LOTRO uses? Or is there a licensing issue with that?
  • Toot03
    Toot03
    Soul Shriven
    I would love if they can make it so that you could play your own notes or melody and not necessarily the music they have implemented to the instruments. Perhaps that would be asking for too much. Maybe in the future when the game is more developed and there is more content, they can stumble upon this idea and make some specific instruments as loot drops which can be played by your own creation.