Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

My Opinion on the Recent Battleground Changes

james_738pub18_ESO
james_738pub18_ESO
✭✭✭
I have been playing this game since beta, in the time since launch this game has made leaps and bounds and it is far better today than it has been in the past. I really do commend the work of everyone from ZOS. However this change that you've made is an attempt to fix a system by altering a factor that wasn't doing it any harm. Any mmo with small to medium scale pvp has had issues with players feeling like they just weren't capable of competing and that has an effect for sure, but it comes with human v.s human interaction. people are going to have better builds than others, better gear, and of course skill differential cant be ignored. But these are temporary things, through time and effort you learn and get better and eventually you are able to not only compete but to thrive. Now with all that in mind I have played bgs solo and also duo, you get situations where you are at a clear disadvantage just due to either lack of people on your team or their builds, skill, or lack there of. But i have never felt like I did not have a chance to win or turn the game. My point is this, you cannot remove the ability to participate in the game YOU created for people to PLAY TOGETHER, this is a massively MULTIPLAYER game. Battlegrounds themselves are meant to provide people with the chance to compete as a team towards a goal. You have made the decision to cater to the people who are having trouble in pvp and have not put in the required time or effort to improve but have instead decided to complain that fighting other people is too hard. It is not, I have done it, my friends have done it. I am not trying to say that I am better than others, on the contrary I do not think I am, thus if i can do it anyone can. I have played countless matches where people decide to que up for a bg with terrible sets and a build that just doesn't work. Of course they are going to get absolutely smashed. My first bg I got smashed, but I did not log on to the forums and complain that it was too hard because people were grouping up and it was unfair because that just doesn't make sense. I have multiple builds on multiple toons more than capable of competing in situations where I am at a disadvantage and I choose to treat the situation as a challenge. Zos you have to realize that this was a step backwards and that it is a band-aid that doesn't even serve as a temporary fix for the situation in fact the only thing you have done is remove the ability for people to play this game as a team.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter how hard you try, you can never explain away the feelings of hopelessness and annoyance that come from several scattered groups of one being pitted against a single organized group of four. That's what BG players complained about and that's what they responded to. Console will soon get the patch and then the real testing can begin.

I feel like most people agree (including me) that group players should have options, but not at solo players' expense. If we only get one choice, solo queues are the fairest and most accessible option. If they're willing to expand, duos and then quads should be allowed to queue as well, in that order of importance.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Jyiiga
    Jyiiga
    ✭✭✭
    It is an experiment and from the outcry we already see, it is a failed one.

Battleground queue systems need to be "smart" with matchmaking. Premades should be pitted against premades automatically, without the need for separate lobbies.

However, there needs to be concessions with such a system. For example if there is only 1-2 premade groups in the queue for X number of minutes, then after X number of minutes pass the algorithm should loosen up and more freely match players.

What we have at the moment is just as lame as what we had before. It seems like the cheap and easy way out.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As noted, this is an experiment.

Also, Zos is already aware there are two camps. Those who want this because they attributed their losses to being up against premades regardless of who they were actually fighting. Then there are those who do not understand how an MMORPG has a group activity that prevents you from doing said group activity with your in-game friends since it goes completely against the logic of MMORPG design.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being all solo queuing hasn’t changed that much really. The people who go off on their own still lose to those who stick together.... with some exceptions, some players do well solo no matter what but there aren’t a lot.

Main difference is people can’t blame it on another team being a premade now.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 8, 2020 2:12AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten