The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Alchemy Surveys

tmbrinks
tmbrinks
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently, all alchemy surveys that drop are only for "flowers" (Columbine, Wormwood, Corn Flower, Bugloss, Blessed Thistle, Mountain Flower, Lady's Smock & Dragonthorn) While these tend to be the more valuable of rewards, due to their usage in well used potions (Tri-pots, Mag and Stam pots), there is a dearth of other materials that are used in Alchemy writs, with no comparable survey source.

My suggestion is as follows.
In zones that have 3 versions of Alchemy surveys (Craglorn & Wrothgar) 2 of the three are converted to alchemy surveys of other types
The I version stays the same
The II version becomes a "Fungi survey" that can drop Violet Coprinus, Emetic Russula, Imp Stool, Luminous Russula, Namira's Rot, White Cap, Stinkhorn
The III version becomes an "Animal Parts survey" that can drop Fleshfly Larva, Mudcrab Chitin, Scrib Jelly, Spider Eggs, Torchbug Thorax, Butterfly Wing, Beetle Scuttle

For the base game zones:
Zones 1, 2 and 3 in each alliance stays the same
Zone 4 (Eastmarch, Alik'r & Malabal Tor) converts to a "Fungi Survey"
Zone 5 (The Rift, Bangkorai, Reaper's March) coverts to a "Animal Parts survey"
The two in Coldharbour convert to 1 each of a "Fungi" and an "Animal Parts" surveys

For the Chapter Zones
Vvardenfell stays the same
Summerset - Surveys are added (why are there none here?) and the Alchemy one is a "Fungi Survey"
N. Elsweyr - Alchemy survey is converted to an "Animal Parts survey"

New chapter zones will have surveys added, and they go in rotation above, so Greymoor will be a standard Alchemy survey.

This will continue to have that the majority of surveys are still those with flowers, since those are used mostly, but that there are some surveys that are different, without locking any of them behind DLC content exclusively. There would also not be any more surveys added (other than in Summerset), as there are already a plethora of different ones)

(I'd also suggest that Nirnroot be added to the "Fungi Surveys" and that Water Hyacinth is added to the "flower" surveys)
Edited by tmbrinks on March 7, 2020 12:27AM
Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
61,215 achievement points
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good idea, @tmbrinks.

And the "fungi" survey locations could be in shaded areas or by trees ...

Along with the "animal parts" ones near foul water or scarred landscapes ...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While a good idea I would think just adding the other items into the mix for any survey. I would expect it would be a simpler fix.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    While a good idea I would think just adding the other items into the mix for any survey. I would expect it would be a simpler fix.

Oh yeah, I agree it would be simpler to just add them :smile: But I think this would be a cooler solution!
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Oh yeah, I agree it would be simpler to just add them :smile: But I think this would be a cooler solution!

I am not arguing that but I expect you are aware of the effects from changes Zos has made to the game. That is why I go for simpler.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

I am not arguing that but I expect you are aware of the effects from changes Zos has made to the game. That is why I go for simpler.

touche