Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuns in BG's?

Solace1981
Solace1981
✭✭✭
Anyone else have a major issue with breaking stuns in BG's? Not sure if it happens in Cyro because I spend most of my time in BG's but what is happening? I'm near full stam and nothing happens or it happens waaaaay too late might as well have just eaten the full stun (if you live) instead of breaking free. There are some stuns/knockbacks that are really wonky, like the templar javelin pin or stuns similar to that, I could be wrong. I break free but I spend at the very least a second if not more like, getting up from the animation or something. Not calling out templars or anything (as I am running one currently myself - no jav stun tho) but there's a lot of weird stuns that I can't seem to get out of. Or when I do it's a waste of the stam to have broken free because I damn near ate the whole stun anyways. Kinda new to BG's and I'm having fun but I feel like sometimes there's no counter play to some stuns. Sucks dying like 3 seconds into a stun when if it would have just broken free the first second, I might have had time to do some offense. I dunno, anyone else have issues with stuns?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most everyone does, at least from time to time. Sometimes it's probably just lag, but some stuns can be a bit glitchy. Lots of people want to complain about Vamp Drain right now - and over the last few days I've had it cause me some occasional issues, where I don't remember having trouble with it in the past - but it's hardly the only thing that can be a problem.

The worst I ever remember experiencing was the pre-nerf shield bash stun + major defile; that was nearly impossible to break free from sometimes, and every stam build that ran it (which was a giant % of them) had really high damage and defense to go along with it. So even if you did manage to break free before death, the defile made it almost impossible to heal up the damage and/or get on the offensive before the next glitchy stun came along.

There's another bug that can sometimes cause you to slide around on the ground after breaking free - able to move as though you've successfully gotten out of the CC, but unable to use any abilities for a few seconds.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate this bug. Sometimes it feels like there is a minimum about of time you have to be stunned for, during which you can't breakfree.

Seems like it might be associated with stuns that cause your character to go into some kind of animation, like fear or knock up.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it’s tied to the animation. Stuns that make your character move to get knock backed can’t be broken until after the animation.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's always animations in this game... The damn animations.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITs lagged to hell, BG is performing like crap
  • boomcat
    boomcat
    yup "performance" patch just made it worse for pvp players all around, but Pve, running instances and so on, they are happy, fast loading more fps. ZOS is really trying to kill off the remaining pvp´ers. so they can go all out on pve and crown store.
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    About 2 years ago devs changed the data transmission or API and BREAKFREE became very lousy, but with this patch it became even worse. And this is not to mention the out-of-sync in pvp due to those changes
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokov wrote: »
    About 2 years ago devs changed the data transmission or API and BREAKFREE became very lousy, but with this patch it became even worse. And this is not to mention the out-of-sync in pvp due to those changes

yes its a shame. break free doesnt work at all. it seems to me reactive armor will became a meta soon :)
  • Solace1981
    Solace1981
    ✭✭✭
    Still completely broken, might as well go into bg with 0 stam as a mag class. At first I thought it was certain stuns but no it seems to be every single one. Mash break free over and over and nothing usually. So Cyro is broke, bg's are broke, no more money from me. Bye ESO, loved ya when ya worked.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solace1981 wrote: »
    Still completely broken, might as well go into bg with 0 stam as a mag class. At first I thought it was certain stuns but no it seems to be every single one. Mash break free over and over and nothing usually. So Cyro is broke, bg's are broke, no more money from me. Bye ESO, loved ya when ya worked.
    Sometimes Break Free just doesn't want to work, but certain stuns are definitely worse than others. The bash stun from 1h/shield skill line, for example, is really godawful.
  • wowericb16_ESO
    bumping this thread. The netcode of this game does not support stuns/immobilizes. It is abusing poor performance to get easy kills and it feels horrible when you have a full bar of stamina, mash break free and just get wailed on instead. You should be able to break free instantly like you can animation cancel light attacks! Honestly...
  • Jasus5457
    Jasus5457
    Same here. Others seem to break free just fine from my DK's fossilize though!