Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cadwell's Silver/Gold - a couple of (probably stoopid) questions

Magenpie
Magenpie
✭✭✭✭✭
I've played this game All Wrong, for various reasons. What with the change to One Tameriel, loads of breaks and generally being confused-of-brain, my main character ended up being a Bosmer in the Ebonheart Pact who went back and did Aldmeri Dominion main quests for all those zones, then fannied about for literally years, until finally I finished the Main Quest with her a few days ago.

Cadwell wants me to start afresh as Daggerfall Covenant, but my question is this - if I use the Light of Meridia, does everyone in the Aldmeri Dominion forget me and stop telling me how brilliant I am for all the amazing stuff I've done? Do I get 'born a-new?'

And if I didn't do Ebonheart Pact, but Aldmeri stuff instead, if I get to the end of Silver, will I automatically get Gold, or will it get stuck because I didn't do EP?

Many thanks! :)
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im confident that my characters that have done gold/silver get praise all over tamriel for random things. I dont think it is linked to your alliance. Just whatever quests/achievements you have completed.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Haquor - thanks for the reply. I know it's a small thing but I like random npcs thanking me for my past deeds, not really for the ego boost but because it makes me feel part of the world. I'd be sad to lose it, so it's good to know I wouldn't!

When I'd finished the Aldmeri main story line, headcanon meant my Bosmer was stupidly loyal to Ayrenn, and kind of adored her. So when I reached the endgame of the Coldharbour story, she was a bit hurt when Ayrenn goes on about her being the enemy! I thought we were bffs! Very upsetting. ;) And I'd made her EP entirely by mistake, but only realised after I'd levelled her up too much. Doh.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You might find quests already done, if you've been doing things throughout One Tamriel.

Don't worry, at least one guy will be wanting to buy you an ale almost as soon as you hit town, for DC.

If you can get or have made for you a weapon with a prismatic enchantment, you'll have a much easier time through a lot of DC....