The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Re: Update 25 and the disk version

Stephanie_ABT
Stephanie_ABT
✭✭
I have the disk version on PS4 of ESO, after reading the update news I am just a little confused and need someone to clarify please.

Will those of us who have the disk version have o delete our current ESO installation or do we just update as usual and the update itself will take care of deleting and replacing the entire installation ?

Many Thanks
Delphine Veteran Rank 16 AD Sorcerer.
GM Guild Timeless Circle
Ex PS4 EU Now PC EU
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (snip) you will still need a disk to play the game after this update if you currently use a disk to launch it.

As far as uninstalling first, there is no need for you to do anything manually. The patch is like any other update and should write over your previous version of the game.
    Edited by Royaji on February 21, 2020 12:30PM
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    But what if I don't want to use a disc anymore, what do I need to do?
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    What digital version do I need to buy, just the base game? (The 19.99 one?) I have eso plus
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point the disk just verifies that you own the game. You can probably buy the base game digital version, but technically you're already running a digital version since the whole game client is downloaded anyway.

I am a disk-owning day-1 player and even on launch day the day-1 patch was about 60+ GB if I remember correctly.
    PS4NA
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also why is the Disc versions file larger than Digital? After download im still around 80GB but a friend who is digital is 67GB.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main