The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Artifact Styles Would You Like to see in ESO?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Whether by Crown Store or earnable ingame, what Artifact Styles would you like to see so far? Personally I would love to see styles for the tsaesci blade Dawnfang and Duskfang, even though it wouldn't be able to shift like the original, being able to pick between its two forms would be nice.

SR-item-Dawnfang_%26_Duskfang.jpg

====

Released Styles so Far:

Fork of Horripilation , Mehrunes' Razor ,Fearstruck , Ebony Blade, Volendrung, Sword of Jyggalag, Skull of Corruption, Spear of Bitter Mercy, Sinweaver, Spellbreaker, Chrysamere

Datamined Styles:

Bow of Shadows, Dawnbreaker, Firstblade (Miraak's Sword), Rueful Axe, Sanguine's Rose, Mace of Molag Bal

And then there was artifacts that were datamined long ago but were never used. Their models probably exist.
c1j40usvd9fb.png

Then there is artifacts that the player could obtain briefly, or no longer obtain.

Trueflame- Was able to be fished from stonefalls during the 5 day early access period before eso's launch. patch 1.0.1 removed the ability to fish it 2 days before launch, so only 3 days the player was able to fish it. Apparently it was obtainable from the 2% top ap earning players as a reward through the mail.
ON-item-weapon-Trueflame.jpg

Wabbajack- used during the simply misplaced quest for the mages guild and you give it back to sheo at the end of the quest.
ON-item-weapon-Wabbajack.jpg

Edited by Aliyavana on February 12, 2020 4:57AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chillrend and Ghostblade.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auri-el's bow and shield.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

u can sorta mimic chillrend by dyeing the blade of a glass sword with the stralheim color
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    i would like to have a trident
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of them. Some things that are great for a single player game just don't work in a MMO. Absolutely-one-of-a-kind-and-unique aritifacts which happen to be hanging of the belts of ten guys just on this square is one of them.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    None of them. Some things that are great for a single player game just don't work in a MMO. Absolutely-one-of-a-kind-and-unique aritifacts which happen to be hanging of the belts of ten guys just on this square is one of them.

that is the point of them being replicas tho. we are not wielding the actual item, but weapons that look like the item.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

u can sorta mimic chillrend by dyeing the blade of a glass sword with the stralheim color

Good idea.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only got Mehrunes Razor so far. I'd probably get Eleidon's Ward since I remember it fondly from Morrowind. It would also be nice to get artifact style armor at some point. Savior's Hide in particular. And I don't care about multiple people running around with the copy of the artifact. If we have Orcs in dresses or n'wahs in recolored pink Temple Ordinator armor then a normally colored artifact weapon is kinda refreshing if you think about it.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • TheRealCherokeee3
    TheRealCherokeee3
    ✭✭✭
    Wabbajack- used during the simply misplaced quest for the mages guild and you give it back to sheo at the end of the quest.
    ON-item-weapon-Wabbajack.jpg

I've wanted this for a long time!! Make it similar to a master staff that enhances clench! instead of a knockback or traditional stun...they get transmuted into a goat or other random Tamriel creature for 3 seconds. Wouldn't change combat but it would be make it hilariously awesome seeing people all over cyro being turned to goats on the battlefield!! :D
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Daedric Crescent would be a great find in-game ... but would present the Animation Team a unique challenge of how to animate it in combat..

LG-cardart-Daedric_Crescent.png
    From the UESP ...
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 11, 2020 2:47AM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the Daedric Crescent too. There's also Kagrenac's tools, but that's a bit lore-breaking here. Then again, they're technically in the hands of the Tribunal in 2E, so it may work. Even though there's a contraband item referencing Sunder.

Otherwise, some armor artifacts like the Saviour's Hide would be cool.

It's interesting that the Queen of Bats is in the datamine - that never made it into Morrowind officially. Seems that this new year of the gothy-witchy-vampire thing they have for Greymoor would be a nice time to bring it out.

I'm bummed I missed the Spear of Bitter Mercy and Spellbreaker... but then again, I'd like to see spears as a weapon choice, since throwing fireballs from the spear makes about as much sense as impaling someone on a staff
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see the Daedric Crescent too. There's also Kagrenac's tools, but that's a bit lore-breaking here. Then again, they're technically in the hands of the Tribunal in 2E, so it may work. Even though there's a contraband item referencing Sunder.

It's interesting that the Queen of Bats is in the datamine - that never made it into Morrowind officially. Seems that this new year of the gothy-witchy-vampire thing they have for Greymoor would be a nice time to bring it out.

I'm bummed I missed the Spear of Bitter Mercy and Spellbreaker... but then again, I'd like to see spears as a weapon choice, since throwing fireballs from the spear makes about as much sense as impaling someone on a staff

It's not lore breaking to have a replica of kagrenac's tools tho as they are replicas and not the real thing
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    The Daedric Crescent would be a great find in-game ... but would present the Animation Team a unique challenge of how to animate it in combat..
    LG-cardart-Daedric_Crescent.png
    From the UESP ...

Oh, how I must refrain from making a bat'leth joke...but it is very nice.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

It's not lore breaking to have a replica of kagrenac's tools tho as they are replicas and not the real thing

Well, they're not common knowledge like the other artifacts. We're to assume that barely anyone knew anything about the tools or the Heart of Lorkhan before the events of TESIII.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Silverwillow
    Silverwillow
    ✭✭✭
    I've really been hoping for Goldbrand. I have fond memories of that sword from ES3, but honestly it was just a nice looking sword.
    "Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to blame them afterward." -- Bob Varsha
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've really been hoping for Goldbrand. I have fond memories of that sword from ES3, but honestly it was just a nice looking sword.

agreed. we have many katana motifs, but goldbrand is just thicc in comparison
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Google "Prop Replicas".
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Google "Prop Replicas".

Sorry, I find the idea of equating powerful artifacts created by god-like creatures and movie props a little bit perverse.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are they repeating artifact styles? I wanted new ones :(
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Umbra sword.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want one handed Daedric Crescent, Goldbrand to the love of my lady Boethiah, and one that i love, the ice blade of the monarch
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)