The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher news won't load after reinstall

jaekobcaed
jaekobcaed
✭✭✭
Hi, I had to uninstall the game and client completely to apply update 25 since I didn't have enough space to install the update. Since I reinstalled, however, the launcher's news section won't load anymore. It hangs on a message that says "Loading..." and then, it eventually switches to a message that says, "Could Not Load News". This isn't a big deal since I usually get my news for the game directly from the site itself but it was nice to know if there was something new posted on the site that I didn't spot, plus it just looks nice. If there's anyone who knows how I could fix this issue, I'd appreciate the response. Thanks!
Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
[PC/NA]
  • Toon_Raider
    Toon_Raider
    ✭✭✭
    I have same problem, launcher stuck in updating.

it downloaded the update fine and i could login and play.
    When i logged back in later it wanted to update the launcher and then got stuck on updating.

i have the launcher and game .exe added in firewall and antivirus exclusions, but it does not help.
    i uninstalled the game an tried again but still stuck at launcher update.

i downloaded the launcher again, but it shows the brown background for Elsweyr.
    on the launcher it is trying to update it is showing the new blue launcher.
    why can't the new launcher download correct form the website?

@ZOS_BillE
    Edited by Toon_Raider on February 29, 2020 2:06AM
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this whole patch has been a bit of a mess. I love ZOS but seriously, I've never had a game do what the patch has done to me. Between the absurd double space issue during install and this, it's starting to feel like Red Dead 2 on PC and how it gives me constant bugs and issues.

I mean, as I said, my launcher issue isn't so much of a big deal because I can still play the game, I just liked having the news on the launcher. Plus, I'm a little OCD when it comes to this thing. I love when my games don't have technical issues at all, even if those issues are miniscule.
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • Lavellan
    Lavellan
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue since the update. The game itself works just fine, the launcher works without problems, apart from the "could not load" thing. I'd like to have it fixed as well, it's not a huge issue, but... well, it's supposed to work. And I'm too scared to try and fix anything because I don't wanna break my game! :|
    Andaran atish'an, stranger.
  • Nhim_78
    Nhim_78
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue - I miss my news!
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with this. Hopefully ZOS can fix it soon!
    [PC/NA]
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone encountering this issue with the news feed not loading in your ESO launcher, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support for assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post