The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can I get up to date on all the content expansions?

cb11082b14_ESO
cb11082b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I stopped playing for a while so I'm only up to the morrowind expansion. Is there something I can buy that gets me all the content thats avaiable?
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you can buy an upgrade version (Greymoor), I thought they contained the previous chapters as well. Although now i am not sure since there is no mention of it in the store. Maybe someone else can confirm that for you.

All the DLC's are accessed with a subscription, or you can buy them all seperatly.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Upgrades don't contain other expansions except for the title one. So Greymoor upgrade doesn't contain anything except Greymoor. The best thing to do would be either getting Greymur upgrade and subbing to ESO+ (You'd get the access to Elsweyr on Greymoor release), or buy normal Greymoor edition and make a new account/try to add it to your current account regardless (might be wise to try asking support for info on that). I wouldn't worry about not getting all the content at once though. I still haven't touched Summerset story despite having it for over a year, same with Elsweyr, which I got on release.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michae

You don't need to make a new account, that would just start you over.

Buy the Greymoor Digital Edition and apply it to your current account. It will act like an upgrade giving you all previous chapters, and the new Greymoor content.

If you want all the DLCs like Thieves etc, either subscribe to ESO Plus or by the DLC Pack if you have not already done so.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @Michae

You don't need to make a new account, that would just start you over.

Buy the Greymoor Digital Edition and apply it to your current account. It will act like an upgrade giving you all previous chapters, and the new Greymoor content.

If you want all the DLCs like Thieves etc, either subscribe to ESO Plus or by the DLC Pack if you have not already done so.

I only said it may be possibility. I asked support about this and they said that I can't apply a normal edition to an existing account, only upgrades. So to be safe I'd clarify it with them in OP's place before buying anything.

This is the response I got last year when I asked about buying Elsweyr Chapter to get Summerset while I had Morrowind and base ESO game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 01/18/2019 10:44 AM
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Allison and I will be more than happy to assist you today!

I understand that you are inquiring about the Elsweyr Digital Collector's Edition pre-order rewards. While the Elsweyr Digital Collector's Edition includes the Morrowind chapter, the Summerset chapter, and their respective Colletor's Edition items, the Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade does not include access to Morrowind or Summerset or their Collector's Edition items. If you already own the game, you will not be able to purchase the Digital Collector's Edition, and only would be able to purchase the Elseweyr Collector's Edition Upgrade.

I hope this helps clear things up for you! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Allison
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Maybe they meant only the copies bought on elderscrollsonline.com and not the ones from third party sites but I'd ask just to be sure.
    Edited by Michae on February 28, 2020 2:33PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michae

That response verifies what i said. The Edition comes with the Previous Chapters. The Upgrade only comes with the current Chapter being offered.

The difference is, when you apply the Edition to an Existing Account, it acts like an upgrade giving you the new content and keeping your old content.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever, I guess I can't comprehend written text.
    If you already own the game, you will not be able to purchase the Digital Collector's Edition, and only would be able to purchase the Elseweyr Collector's Edition Upgrade.
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Whatever, I guess I can't comprehend written text.
    If you already own the game, you will not be able to purchase the Digital Collector's Edition, and only would be able to purchase the Elseweyr Collector's Edition Upgrade.

Yeah...support makes it sound like you cannot buy a full edition of the game if you already have it, and can only buy upgrades. I don't know if that is actually true, and support just got it wrong (as they sometimes do), but I agree that I'd check with them again to be sure. They may give the same response, though.

I'm with Nestor in that I don't think it's a problem to buy another edition of the game that has content you already own. It will just install anything that's new. But again, I can't verify/confirm that it's the case.

Now, the current Elsweyr edition only includes the previous chapters, and not any of the previous DLC. The upcoming Greymoor edition will add Elsweyr to Summerset and Morrowind, but also won't include any of the DLC. So, you'd still have to purchase the DLC from the in-game Crown Store. There is a bundle, as Nestor mentions, for Imperial City (which is now free on its own)/Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood/Orsinium. But, there are also all the dungeon DLCs as well as Clockwork City, Murkmire, and Dragonhold. These are all sold individually.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso plus, and then purchase the chapters. start grinding dude