The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Problems with MapPins

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
MapPins is practically not more usable (and before this last patch). I get continuous messages of error when examining map. More often they say that there are too many anchors.
Please @Hoyt @Hoft do something.
Else, anyone knows some remedy?
Edited by fiender66 on February 29, 2020 10:42AM
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MapPins works for me just fine.

Post the LUA errors and make sure you check the box in the lower left corner to show more info
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mappins had an update. Check that you have the current version.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had issues when MapPins and GPS first updated. Downloading LibDebugLogger fixed it for me.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »

Post the LUA errors and make sure you check the box in the lower left corner to show more info

OK, I'll do it ASAP

• fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    Mappins had an update. Check that you have the current version.

I've already done it: I have v. 1.59. BTW, my prob is both on Mac and PC
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭

Hd93nzb25clib.png

Here it is. As you can see the box is checked, but no further information is shown
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fiender66

Check that all your add-ons and libs are updated. This may not be from Map Pins but something else, as anchors are code calls that exist in virtually all add-on, and libs. I do not think that Map Pins is only doing this for you and no one else

Anchors are a normal part of any UI code in this game.

To troubleshoot turn off all add-ons and enable them one at a time after verifying that the error does not appear. Ensure that you enable any Libs that an add-on requires when enabling that add-on.
    Once you find a add-on that give the error load just that one and see if it still errors. If it does not start error start re-enabling add-ons again one at a time. It maybe that you have a issue with one or more add-ons not playing nicely together

Check these:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/502441/too-many-anchor-processed

https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @majulook , but Map Pins is the only add-on I run. When I disable it, the error does not appear any more.
    Besides, the first URL you give is an old post of mine, referring to the very same problem (and not helpful, alas).

I fear that I have to live with the error and keep using the altogether useful Map Pins, or stay w/o add ons like the console players. All in all it's more likely that I go the first route
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am getting the same error about MapPins and anchors. But I do not have Map Pins addon! I do have LibMapPins, which is a dependency of a few other addons, like Lore Books and SkyShards and Lost Treasure. Perhaps it is the library, not Map Pins?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Read the title as Magpins. Was wondering what sort of class that could be.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I am getting the same error about MapPins and anchors. But I do not have Map Pins addon! I do have LibMapPins, which is a dependency of a few other addons, like Lore Books and SkyShards and Lost Treasure. Perhaps it is the library, not Map Pins?

There is an option to add libraries to Map Pins, but I do not use it. OFC there is always the possibility that the add-on incorporates some similar kind of library by itself, I don't know
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only get this message in Tideholm and it's persisting for some reason.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @fiender66

When you removed the Map Pins add-on did you delete the Mappins.lua file from the Saved Variables folder for the add-on before you reinstalled?
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    @fiender66

When you removed the Map Pins add-on did you delete the Mappins.lua file from the Saved Variables folder for the add-on before you reinstalled?

Thanks for your interest in my problem, @majulook
    And no, I did not it. Now I have reinstalled Map Pins after deleting the .lua file. Let's see...
    Pls tell me: in the Saved Variables folder there are two .lua files (one is: ZO_Ingame.lua) that I left alone. What are they for? Thank you
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    @fiender66

Thanks for your interest in my problem, @majulook
    And no, I did not it. Now I have reinstalled Map Pins after deleting the .lua file. Let's see...
    Pls tell me: in the Saved Variables folder there are two .lua files (one is: ZO_Ingame.lua) that I left alone. What are they for? Thank you

@fiender66

The ZO_ingame.lua file contains saved variables for default UI. For example chat settings, WorldMap filter settings etc.
    You can delete it, you will lose any changes to the games original UI such as position of chat windows and such. It will be recreated upon logging in with a character.