The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[SOLVED] - Question about XP Amount from Regular Overland Treasure Chests

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I’ve noticed that on my main character, which is well above CP810 at this point, with max Legerdemain, will get 4K per chest for a while and then only 1k per chest, lockpick, or safebox thereafter. I have a regular farming run for mats where I hit the chests as I encounter them. She also does all of my thieving activities. I have tried all variables I can think of: difficulty of chest gives same XP, switching between the two sets of gear she wears doesn’t make a difference, switching zones gives same XP as before. I’m not sure what else to try. Can anybody shed some light on what might be happening here?

If 4K is the amount I should get every time, then I could be missing out on a lot of XP from Legerdemain activities.
Edited by katanagirl1 on March 9, 2020 5:07AM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you might be enlightened. You get 4x the xp and you get 100,000xp worth daily.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah, that might be it @redspecter23 !

I’ll pay more attention the next time I’m doing these activities, though it did work tonight and the enlightened thing kicks in around 5pm for me.

Thanks for the response
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA