The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making the Factions Feel More Unique

Vevvev
Vevvev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I think I've been playing the Planetside games a bit too much, but when I learned ESO had a three faction war it was what brought me in after Tamriel Unlimited came out. Its been many years and each faction still feels the same on the field of battle despite each of the three races having different passives that lend to different game play styles. You could blame the Any Race Any Alliance pack but I've been thinking its not even that.

Using Planetside as an example all three factions have a common pool of vehicles and weapons they can pull from. This is like how in ESO we can buy and use all the different siege weapons we're familiar with into battle. While they have different adornments and colors they all function the same. In Planetside 1 and 2 though each faction also has special tanks, aircraft, and weapons only they can use. This adds to their faction identity and gives them great strengths as well as weaknesses. For example the Terran Republic specializes in Rapid fire machine guns and fast vehicles, The New Conglomerate uses railguns and super heavy vehicles that move slow, And the Vanu Sovereignty Uses alien weapons that are highly accurate and mobile but fizzle away at long ranges.

What I'm proposing is something similar but we don't need to fully copy another game as that is just silly. Maybe add a single special siege weapon for each side that only they can use. Maybe give the Ebonheart Pact some kind of Anti Infantry dragon styled flamethrower, The Daggerfall Covenant some kind of Lion siege weapon that inflicts bleeding effects as if they got slashed by a lion, and the Aldmeri Dominion could have some kind of Aerial attack Siege weapon. Maybe make it very weak but allows the person on the siege weapon to guide it in.

These are just a couple of ideas I had but what do you all think?
PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get some anti stealth equipment to fight against AD? :)
    Ps4 EU
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give each faction one special, and powerful siege weapon unique to that faction.

AD can have some kind of magic siege weapon, maybe a battering ram which can be used from a small distance (no more than 100 feet) on the door of a keep by firing a big magic laser at it!

DC can maybe get a special orcish catapult which is effective on both players and Keeps

for EP, how about some kind of Dunmeri giant siege flamethrower?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Give each faction one special, and powerful siege weapon unique to that faction.

AD can have some kind of magic siege weapon, maybe a battering ram which can be used from a small distance (no more than 100 feet) on the door of a keep by firing a big magic laser at it!

DC can maybe get a special orcish catapult which is effective on both players and Keeps

I didn't think of giving them all different kinds of siege weapons due to how people would scream about imbalance even if it didn't exist, although I like the Orcish catapult idea a lot!

And maybe to separate the Dunmeri siege flamethrower from the rest of the fire weapons it'd be cool if it could have a napalm flame like effect that sticks for several seconds. Could act as a anti-infantry/anti-door style weapon but its effectiveness is greatly reduced on keep walls.

The AD weapon you suggested reminds me a lot of the Daedric Siege Crawler we see in TES:4 Oblivion. If it could be balanced out I think it'd be an interesting weapon to use.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 28, 2020 9:28PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they quit working on all new content and put their resources into simply making the game playable. Every time they add something new they break a half dozen other things.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not saying they should add this now, especially with all the issues plaguing the game. It was just brainstorming ways to make the factions more unique than they are currently.
  • Kr3do
    Kr3do
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »

Something like that would be great. Maybe even just a single "behemoth" siege weapon each faction can construct over a certain amount of time if they hold enough resources required for the construction.
    Then again, they'll never put this much work into Cyrodiil updates because PvP is not what's selling them copies.
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be cooler with faction-based abilities and passives that help on the field instead of more pvd/zerg weapons that would just cause lag. I would also like to see guilds to get bonuses for being next to the keeps that they take for wearing their tabards next to it, giving them some reason to take/hold it other than to look pretty.