The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DragonKnight Tank

MEBengalsFan2001
MEBengalsFan2001
✭✭✭✭✭
I got my tank up to 50 and slowly been grinding trying to get the Ebon set for my tank. For the time being I picked up the Plague Doctor set. My second set I'm using is Call of the Undertaker until I can get some trial gear set.

What should I aim for health on my tank? Should it be between 30-40K or should I go higher. I was thinking around 35K with the food buff or is that to low?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My tank has over 32k resist, 40-41k health and works just fine. I've seen 50k tanks doing well too though.
    Up to you.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forgot to say that i find 35k health to be low on a tank for vet dungeons and stuff.
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're new to tanking, a good health pool is going to give you more leeway to learn encounters. Later when you're more comfortable with mechanics you can star to dial back on health. Basically it's your room for error.

I'd say for most anything, on your average player, 37.5k-40K is a decent number to shoot for. You'll want to be able to get closer to 50k for certain specific things, but you can also go as low as 34-35k and be fine if you know what to expect.

Keep in mind your damage shields (igneous, absorb missile) scale off max health, and green dragon blood heals for 33% of your health so more health makes those skills stronger.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i run a basic armour master, plague doctor, lord warden, cap res, 54k health, 16k mag 19k stam works for me
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to find your own way in terms of hp, stam and magica.
    Love my Stamsorc
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayl wrote: »
    If you're new to tanking, a good health pool is going to give you more leeway to learn encounters. Later when you're more comfortable with mechanics you can star to dial back on health. Basically it's your room for error.

I'd say for most anything, on your average player, 37.5k-40K is a decent number to shoot for. You'll want to be able to get closer to 50k for certain specific things, but you can also go as low as 34-35k and be fine if you know what to expect.

Keep in mind your damage shields (igneous, absorb missile) scale off max health, and green dragon blood heals for 33% of your health so more health makes those skills stronger.

Thanks for this info. It is much appreciated.

What would your recommend for magika and stamina as a DK tank? Would 15k magika and 25K stamina be fine or should I bump those up a bit?
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally for a tank you want 15k+ mag, 20k ish stam and at least 35k health. I'm typically sitting at 18-19k mag, 21-25k stam, and 37-42k health depending on exactly what gear I have on. Keep in mind that to achieve this kind of stat pool you need some tri-stat glyphs and often 1-3 pieces of triune jewelry.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to make a tank that I can at least quest and have fun with besides just tanking in dungeons. I'm not sure how high a difficulty I'm going to be able to do. I'm new to tanking.
    She's a nord stamDK. With plague doctor + fortified brass 5+ divines with serpent Mundus I can put all my attributes into stamina and use Velidreth for extra damage. Instead of CP into blessed I can put it into piercing thamaturge, mighty and precise strikes.
    I have 34k health and 30k resists currently but I can put a couple more healthy enchants on armour and something like a trait for resists.

Does anybody else find being a potato sucks?
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on February 29, 2020 6:26PM