The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

l

albertberku
albertberku
✭✭✭
Edited by albertberku on March 22, 2020 3:32AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! They explicitly said that ultimates with cast times cannot be interrupted. Yet this is the exact opposite of what we are experiencing.

Making these ultimates "immune to all enemy control effects" while casting them would be the best alternative to flat out getting rid of the cast times.

I don't tag much but I think this should be taken under serious consideration as we go forward with cast times.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by brandonv516 on February 25, 2020 11:30PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Usually threads get bumped because of conflicting opinions, this is such a no-brainer change everyone agrees so threads about it get buried.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuhuh.
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That "cast time" is only about 400ms.. you can get stun only because of bad luck, enemy player cannot act that fast to stun you on purpose
    Human react time is about 500ms if He expects it, if He is unaware that its around 1000ms ( 1s)
    Edited by Anyron on February 26, 2020 6:19AM
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Anyron wrote: »
    That "cast time" is only about 400ms.. you can get stun only because of bad luck, enemy player cannot act that fast to stun you on purpose
    Human react time is about 500ms if He expects it, if He is unaware that its around 1000ms ( 1s)

human reaction time is on average 250 ms can even go down to 170-150
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always get stunned exactly when i am casting it you have no idea how many people i would have killed, i lost count seriously.
    And i do not believe people are that good to stun me perfectly all the times when casting them.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The way performance is, that 400ms becomes a full second pretty easily.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This suggestion hurts nobody then. It only alleviates the frustration these ultimates are causing on players casting them (especially players with bad latency).

And the cast time for Soul Tether/Siphon is 500ms.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

This is so true, same with react time, you might hit that button in 250ms but good luck with your character actually reacting that fast.

That being said I sort of have mixed feelings because while you can be stunned out of casting it, you can also cancel it before it completes to sort of fake out your opponent into thinking you are and in both cases , it shouldn't of cost you anything.

Also to the OP, if your serious about wanting immunity from control effects while casting , then they would surely need to make it so not even you can cancel it, otherwise people with really fast reaction times and a great connection would surely exploit it for the immunity by casting and cancelling it right before it goes off.
    Edited by x48rph on February 26, 2020 1:13PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »

This is so true, same with react time, you might hit that button in 250ms but good luck with your character actually reacting that fast.

That being said I sort of have mixed feelings because while you can be stunned out of casting it, you can also cancel it before it completes to sort of fake out your opponent into thinking you are and in both cases , it shouldn't of cost you anything.

Also to the OP, if your serious about wanting immunity from control effects while casting , then they would surely need to make it so not even you can cancel it, otherwise people with really fast reaction times and a great connection would surely exploit it for the immunity by casting and cancelling it right before it goes off.

This is how it’s supposed to be working now, it’s just that they didn’t implement the cast times on ultimates properly.

Reaction time to interrupt soul siphon is pretty irrelevant too, it’s getting interrupted because how how the classes play:
    - NBs use Soul Siphon when they’re at maybe half health
    - DKs use leap like an execute and will leap when a target is at about half health
    - Combine them and you’re fighting potatoes if you aren’t getting your soul siphon interrupted the majority of the time you try casting it. A good player of both classes will be using their ultimates with the same trigger or however you want to put it.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 26, 2020 1:30PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »

Feigning ultimates is rather gimmicky and not very effective against most opponents.

Cancelling ultimates because you know it will be dodged, blocked, etc. is effective though.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove the cast time from soul siphon
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    It is not about if people can react or not during cast time (i bet some do). This kind of mechanic makes the combat soulslike, which i would prefer. But ESO combat is different, where you have to predict what is going to happen next. Mixture of two isnt good. For example if you can see DK leap coming, you will never get hit by them. Getting somewhat punished because you caught out during the animation (reaction or luck) is dark souls combat. If whole combat system is going to shift that way, i am perfectly fine with it, but partially, no. For example, if every skill had 1s cast time and you could intervene everything by reaction, then it would be fine for me.
    Edited by albertberku on February 26, 2020 2:25PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just get rid of the stupid cast times that shouldn;t be there in the first place.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just get rid of the stupid cast times that shouldn;t be there in the first place.

Absolutely.

I have yet to see any sort of official response like "we are closely monitoring the effects of these cast times", which makes me believe it's going to be in our future.

This suggestion would make it a less frustrating future.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wish mine was that low lol.

Took this test:
    https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

380ms average but I'm kind of old :neutral:
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

Wish mine was that low lol.

Took this test:
    https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

380ms average but I'm kind of old :neutral:

Reaction time is also interesting because the an often quoted reason the cast times were added was to allow players to have counterplay by having time to react to dodge/block etc.

I was 200-220ms. But add that to my 300-350+ ping (Aus) and I don't think I have a chance to be able to re-actively block/dodge an ult even with the cast times, meaning I'm not sure I am get any counterplay benefit as described from the introduction of cast times. So I will stay trying to be predictive.

But I will leave the debate over their existence to others as I don't feel I have the expertise or gameplay environment to make a proper informed judgement either way, as I don't play enough and my comparatively higher ping means I am probably an outlier anyway.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not about if people can react or not during cast time (i bet some do). This kind of mechanic makes the combat soulslike, which i would prefer. But ESO combat is different, where you have to predict what is going to happen next. Mixture of two isnt good. For example if you can see DK leap coming, you will never get hit by them. Getting somewhat punished because you caught out during the animation (reaction or luck) is dark souls combat. If whole combat system is going to shift that way, i am perfectly fine with it, but partially, no. For example, if every skill had 1s cast time and you could intervene everything by reaction, then it would be fine for me.

That's such flawed logic. If that's the type of gameplay I wanted I would have started playing Dark Souls, not Elder Scrolls.

Implementing cast times this late into the games life span borders on unethical as it contradicts one of the key identifiers of the game, which was its fast paced combat. The only reason it borders unethical is because it is a game and is therefore "less important".

If for example I purchase a car with 300 horsepower (max speed/acceleration) and the manufacturer comes in and limits the horsepower 5 years later to 200 (ignoring natural decay) I would be furious, and rightfully so.
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, right, and fighting against a group who can spam CCs at you isn't a thing since when exactly?
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »

Yeah, right, and fighting against a group who can spam CCs at you isn't a thing since when exactly?

Ehh. I did not get it i think.

Your issue is you fight multiple enemies and they spam stuns at you? In this case use immo potions before you use your ulti or let them stun you and use it with CC immunity.

when you fight multiple enemies you must expect multiple stun spams. At least if those players know how to play it.
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    182 here, though you should add FIVE MINUTES from all of the CRASHES.