The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Writs and Greymoor

Wolf_Eye
Wolf_Eye
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone.

Unfortunately, I may not be able to get Greymoor until a couple of months AFTER it comes out. When Greymoor is released, I was just wondering if you all know whether I will be receiving Surveys from Crafting Writs from the new chapter area in spite of not having it.

Should I be saving space in my bank for the (six?) types of surveys so that I can use them when I get Greymoor, or will I not have to worry about this because surveys will only drop from places I currently have?

(this is also to prepare myself for making less money due to having less surveys if it is indeed the case I will get Greymoor surveys)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We won't know either, @Wolf_Eye, until Greymoor drops on PTS ... which should be in mid-April.

But, mid-April will still give you plenty of time to decide.

Might be sooner if ZOS hosts a "sneak peek" Event and an enterprising player tries out writ dailies.

Just curious, though, why you're worried about only six (6) inventory slots??

It might be an issue if you're inventory is fully maxed, but the vast majority of players aren't fully maxed on inventory.

Double check that you've fully maxed your bank and character inventory space, mount bag space, and housing storage.

You'll likely find plenty of room with just one upgrade in one of those categories.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious, though, why you're worried about only six (6) inventory slots??

Well it isn't actually the inventory I'm so worried about. I'm very much a planner, and I like organizing what I'm going to buy with my gold. If I'm going to be earning significantly less gold because the surveys won't drop in the right places, than I wanted to plan and prepare for that.

I thought someone might shed some light on this. There has got to be someone who didn't buy Elsweyr; if they never received surveys for Elsweyr, than this might suggest that you cannot get surveys for places you do not own. I was just curious if that was the case.

It's definitely not the end of the world if I can't know the answer. It's just one of those things "well I might as well ask". If that makes sense?

But I do thank you for your reply, I appreciate it :smile:
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the answer is that you will. I received Summerset surveys and (Northern) Elsweyr surveys before I could go to either, so this is unlikely to be different. Southern Elsweyr was a DLC, that I could access with ESO+, so it didn't count.

However, I don't recall when in the release cycle that was. It may be that they won't start dropping for you until the next chapter is announced. It could also depend on whether you have ESO+, with the prospect of getting it as a DLC at some point.

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I think the answer is that you will. I received Summerset surveys and (Northern) Elsweyr surveys before I could go to either, so this is unlikely to be different. Southern Elsweyr was a DLC, that I could access with ESO+, so it didn't count.

However, I don't recall when in the release cycle that was. It may be that they won't start dropping for you until the next chapter is announced. It could also depend on whether you have ESO+, with the prospect of getting it as a DLC at some point.

You were definitely not receiving Summerset surveys as they do not drop. Treasure maps you can definitely get for places you don't own, but those are also tradeable. I believe the design is that you are not supposed to get surveys for areas you don't have access to (there were some bugs and adjustments to this with Elsweyr launch) but it is certainly possible for things to change this year.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »

You were definitely not receiving Summerset surveys as they do not drop. Treasure maps you can definitely get for places you don't own, but those are also tradeable. I believe the design is that you are not supposed to get surveys for areas you don't have access to (there were some bugs and adjustments to this with Elsweyr launch) but it is certainly possible for things to change this year.

Hey, I can't thank you both enough! And yeah, that does make sense that it's supposed to be designed over what you have available to you.

I don't mind the treasure maps so much, as I know I can always sell them if I need to, but the surveys are definitely one of my biggest helpers for making money off of mats. I think I may stockpile gold just a little bit in case they do change this and have Greymoor surveys drop in spite of not having it (and that would be my main revenue stream cut off a little bit), but I think I feel a bit better than they might not drop.

I really love planning (or maybe it's a bad habit aha), so this information was very helpful to me. Thank you :smile:
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on February 27, 2020 7:09PM