The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

New craft-able sets

Lady_Lindel
Lady_Lindel
✭✭✭
What's the deal with new craftable sets forcing my crafter into Cyrodiil .. and more motif books. >:) Will it ever stop (rhetorical question - I already know the answer) My favourite part of ESO has always been crafting but this has really p****d me off.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC/NA. You can port to my house. I have all the attunable sets, free to use for anybody same @ name as my forum handle!

Edit: Also has all the Mundus stones, transmute stations, training dummies! :smile:
    Edited by tmbrinks on February 26, 2020 12:12PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm strictly a PvE player but it seems logical to put PvP oriented crafted sets in Cyrodiil for the PvP players. I also feel with how PvP doesn't see the updates PvE does that paying a little attention to them is a good thing.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the deal with new craftable sets forcing my crafter into Cyrodiil .. and more motif books. >:) Will it ever stop (rhetorical question - I already know the answer) My favourite part of ESO has always been crafting but this has really p****d me off.

You'll get no sympathy from me ...

Overland PvE crafted set table locations before Update 25 ---> 74

Overland PvP crafted set table locations before Update 25 ---> 3

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 26, 2020 3:35AM
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Join a guild that has all crafting stations. Most if not all large guilds have everything you need. Makes it easy if you don't like pvp.
  • BansheeVT
    BansheeVT
    ✭✭✭
    If you're on PC EU you can join one of my guilds for easy access to all stations, all mundus stones and lots of dummies :)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508094/valinor-trading-union-we-have-a-spot-for-every-kind-of-trader-3-guilds
    @BansheeVT - GM of 'Valinor Traders'.

Valinor Trading Union:
    Valinor Traders: Vivec, 500k sales, <500k sales = 25k fee, <250k sales = kick
    Valinor Overflow: Vivec back row, 150k min sales OR 15k donation
    Valinor Merchants: Elden Root, 50k sales OR 10k donation
    Valinor Vendors: Wayrest, 25k sales OR 8k donation
    Stendarr's Merchantry: Alinor, 10k sales OR 5k donation
  • Infixo
    Infixo
    ✭✭
    Which ones do you mean? From Imperial City?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infixo wrote: »
    Which ones do you mean? From Imperial City?

There are 3 new Cyrodiil sets added with Harrowstorm. One each in Bruma, Cropsford and Vlastrus

So, yes, before Update 25 (as stated in the quote), the only PvP crafted sets were the 3 in Imperial City
    Edited by tmbrinks on February 26, 2020 4:35PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to attune your own, what's the best strategy? Use the Standard campaign, and pick a character from the Alliance who owns the town, or is there something better? That method means swapping characters at least twice (more if the town changes hands at the wrong time).

And you can use Transitus to get there, right?
    Edited by ghastley on February 26, 2020 6:10PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think these are easier to get to than the ones in Imperial City, since you can just go when your alliance has control, though that will take some patience - a lot of patience if you're just wanting to craft (and not attune) since presumably you only have one crafter that does gear MWs, due to the motif knowledge required to craft.

However, if you're just wanting to attune the stations, then you can just go in with a character in the alliance that has control of the town.

Also, the patch notes say that your alliance needs to be in control, but I don't know if that means it's just difficult to get to the stations due to the guards if your faction isn't in control, or if no access is permitted unless your faction has control.

Best bet is to join a guild that has all attunable stations.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I think these are easier to get to than the ones in Imperial City, since you can just go when your alliance has control, though that will take some patience - a lot of patience if you're just wanting to craft (and not attune) since presumably you only have one crafter that does gear MWs, due to the motif knowledge required to craft.

However, if you're just wanting to attune the stations, then you can just go in with a character in the alliance that has control of the town.

Also, the patch notes say that your alliance needs to be in control, but I don't know if that means it's just difficult to get to the stations due to the guards if your faction isn't in control, or if no access is permitted unless your faction has control.

Best bet is to join a guild that has all attunable stations.

I wasn't able to check if you needed control of the town, as my alliance luckily had all 3 when I ported in there to attune my stations.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they in a spot where you can get ganked while trying to craft something? Because that would be different
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I have all the attunable sets... all the Mundus stones, transmute stations, training dummies!

OP af!
    Edited by redlink1979 on February 27, 2020 11:04AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Are they in a spot where you can get ganked while trying to craft something? Because that would be different

Most likely that the crafting tables are in a protected/neutral area. As it happens with all the other crafting stations in PvP zones.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

Most likely that the crafting tables are in a protected/neutral area. As it happens with all the other crafting stations in PvP zones.

This. It was a specific point while on PTS to test whether a player at the crafting stations was vulnerable in any way. Getting there is a different matter, of course.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You'll get no sympathy from me ...

Overland PvE crafted set table locations before Update 25 ---> 74

I fail to see what adding set crafting stations to the Cyrodiil towns really brings to pvp, unless you are relying on mostly fighting questers, crafters, and others who are unaware or drastically underprepared for pvp.
    If these stations were at the gates it would probably be almost no difference in conflict in the towns. People take the towns primarily for AP and for respawn/transit points; sometimes just to see if they can get a small fight. Only ccasionally to shop; I suspect once a fair number of people have the attuned stations, access to crafting is going to be even less common.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    I fail to see what adding set crafting stations to the Cyrodiil towns really brings to pvp,

Are you sure you don’t want to re-read the patch notes before we answer that for you, @kringled_1? :*

Because the new crafted sets are for PvP builds.

The crafted sets contain critical resistance set bonuses.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since you're accusing me of not reading, I didn't say anything about the sets themselves. They are clearly pvp oriented, and having more options for pvp builds isn't a bad thing. What I am asking is what you think is furthered by having the stations for these sets in the towns, rather than say at the gates, or somewhere in overland?
    Edited to add: only one of the 3 new sets has critical resistance bonuses, FYI.
    Edited by kringled_1 on February 27, 2020 7:25PM